[ROM]HC[Wifi]Honey Pot v1.1[3.55.1114.31]Hardware Keys,Sense gone, updated[1/23/12]

Search This thread

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Honey Pot 1.1

home.png

quicksettings.png

Special Thanks go out to Globatron, LeeDrOiD, and Gumby63 there work made this rom possible.

Features:
  • Based off RUU_Flyer_HC_S_HTC_WWE_Wifi_3.55.1114.31(offical HC for wifi)
  • Deodexed
  • zipaligned
  • replaced Launcher, browser, clock, calendar with versions without sense(Thanks to Gumby63 and his DeSensified Rom )
  • rooted/superuser/busybox
  • Debloated(removed apps are avaible for download)
  • Hardware Buttons(Huge thanks to LeeDrOiD for figuring this out)
  • Init.D Scripts From LeeDrOiD HC V2.0.0
  • There might be more!(I have a really really bad memory well just call all unannouced features easter eggs :))

Installation Instructions(Assumes You Have Followed Globatrons Guide):
  1. Download Honey Pot, and LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel with modified Services.jar and place it on your sdcard
  2. Reboot into recovery
  3. Create a backup of your current setup
  4. Wipe data(Optional but recommended)
  5. Flash Honey Pot V1.0
  6. Flash LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel from the link below
  7. Flash Honey Pot V1.1 Updater
  8. Reboot and wait, first startup will take a while
  9. Enjoy

Downloads:
Honey Pot 1.0 MD5 7fe676b41dc15302538a0d44e3c1f213 Mirror Mirror2
LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel With Correct Services.jar
Honey Pot 1.1 Updater Mirror
Removed Apps (Not Flashable)

Changelog:
Code:
[B]Kernel[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Updated to LeeDrOiD-FlyerHC-V2.2.0
[/LIST]
[B]HoneyPot 1.1[/B]
[LIST]
[*]Changed buttons in the bar to resemble to stock honeycomb(back, home, app switcher, settings)
[*]Changed wifi status icon to stock honeycomb
[*]Changed battery icons
[*]changed images in the quick settings to stock images(removed all the color)
[/LIST]

If you feel like donating all money will be put towards my school loans

Last edited:

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Removed Apps

Removed Apps
Code:
Browser.apk
com.htc.FriendStream3DWidget.apk
com.htc.Sync3DWidget.apk
com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
com.htc.Twitter3DWidget.apk
Facebook.apk
Flickr.apk
FriendStream.apk
FusionStockWidget.apk
GreenImmersion.apk
GSD.apk
HTC_IME.apk
HTCAlbum.apk
HtcBackgroundDataWidget.apk
HtcDialer.apk
HtcFacebook.apk
HtcFeedback.apk
HtcGreader.apk
HtcGreaderWidget.apk
HtcPhotoGridWidget3D.apk
HtcPhotoWidget.apk
HtcRecommends.apk
HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
HtcTwitter.apk
htcwatchwidget3d.apk
KidMode.apk
MyReportAgent.apk
MyShelf_Widget.apk
Phone.apk
Stock.apk
Stk.apk
teeter.apk
TelephonyProvider.apk
Twitter.apk
WatchApp.apk

Last edited:

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
This rom is based off the RUU for a wifi flyer so im under the assumption that it would not include support for the 3g radios if 3g does not matter to you then im pretty sure you can use this rom with no problems. It has only been tested on the wifi flyer I am new to development on htc devices so I may not have all the correct answers.

RaptorMD

May 2, 2010
Nice looking ROM, and I in the process of bidding on an HTC Flyer on eBay and was looking for a HC ROM that had Sense removed. Not being totally familiar with the HTC Flyers Pen based apps, are they still in your ROM?

edit: Nevermind I noticed in the screenshot that the paintbrush and palette were in the top right corner. Looks really great and I look forward to running this on my soon to be purchased HTC Flyer.

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Yea I left all the apps with pen functionality cause I use the pen as well. Good luck bidding i bought my wifi flyer ± pen ± case for 250 buy it now on eBay.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

grippa

Feb 26, 2008
UK
can anyone confirm if the gps works fine on this? so far all the HC roms i've tried seems to drop GPS after about 15 secs and keeps connecting and disconnecting in a loop. i'm back on GB now since gps doesn't work properly :(

not many people probably use it much to notice but i use it frequently in my car as a sat nav. thanks for any help/info you can give :)

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
can anyone confirm if the gps works fine on this? so far all the HC roms i've tried seems to drop GPS after about 15 secs and keeps connecting and disconnecting in a loop. i'm back on GB now since gps doesn't work properly :(

not many people probably use it much to notice but i use it frequently in my car as a sat nav. thanks for any help/info you can give :)

I just tried it out and it disconnects and reconnects as you stated ill look into it but if if happens on all hc roms might be hard to track down. I know theres apps to transmit GPS data from your android phone, you may want to check that out if you want to use honey comb till a fix is found.

LeeDroid

Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2007
Newton Aycliffe
www.leedroid.co.uk
FYI guys.. if you are flashing my kernel zip you are also flashing my services.jar, as the ROM base is different it could cause you a few issues.

@vlara.. it would probably be a good idea for you to intergrate the kernel and apply the changes to your services.jar so you are not messing up your framework, the changes are

MAX_SPEEDS = 0x14 (20 freqs) > 0x64 (100 freqs)
and
ProcessStats mBuffer = 100 (256bytes). > 400 (1026bytes)

;)

Sent from my LeeDrOiD loaded s-off HTC EVO 3D

Last edited:

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
FYI guys.. if you are flashing my kernel zip you are also flashing my services.jar, as the ROM base is different it could cause you a few issues.

@vlara.. it would probably be a good idea for you to intergrate the kernel and apply the changes to your services.jar so you are not messing up your framework, the changes are

MAX_SPEEDS = 0x14 (20 freqs) > 0x64 (100 freqs)
and
ProcessStats mBuffer = 100 (256bytes). > 400 (1026bytes)

;)

Thanks Lee ill get to work on that once I get home surprisingly your services.jar isn't causing errrors that I know of. ill apply the changes then do a diff of both services.jar to see how much differs.

vlara

Jan 26, 2011
victorlara.net
Main post updated with a modified LeeDrOiD kernel installer with the appropriate Services.jar as suggested by LeeDrOiD himself. Thanks for the help Lee! :)

grippa

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I just tried it out and it disconnects and reconnects as you stated ill look into it but if if happens on all hc roms might be hard to track down. I know theres apps to transmit GPS data from your android phone, you may want to check that out if you want to use honey comb till a fix is found.

thanks for looking in to it. I was wondering why no one else is reporting it, at least i know that its not just my flyer.

TSGM

Dec 20, 2011

I'm currently running this ROM (with the previous LeeDroid kernel...not the updated one from a few posts ago). So far, I've been happy with it.

The GPS, however, seems to fail in finding the satellite---it is unclear whether this is a problem with this ROM or HC in general (can anybody who is running the stock HC confirm?)

grippa

Feb 26, 2008
UK
I'm currently running this ROM (with the previous LeeDroid kernel...not the updated one from a few posts ago). So far, I've been happy with it.

The GPS, however, seems to fail in finding the satellite---it is unclear whether this is a problem with this ROM or HC in general (can anybody who is running the stock HC confirm?)

i've tried a couple of HC roms (but not this rom): leedroid, stock hc [3.55.405.1 & 3.55.1114.31], desensified, westfire : and all of them seem to have an issue with GPS. it works fine on GB though.

TSGM

Dec 20, 2011
i've tried a couple of HC roms (but not this rom): leedroid, stock hc [3.55.405.1 & 3.55.1114.31], desensified, westfire : and all of them seem to have an issue with GPS. it works fine on GB though.

Thanks! Curiously, if the issue is apparent in the stock HC, then HTC must be aware of it. Pretty major issue. Perhaps it will be revised when HC comes out for real to the Wifi later this month.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honey Pot 1.1

home.png

quicksettings.png

Special Thanks go out to Globatron, LeeDrOiD, and Gumby63 there work made this rom possible.

Features:
    • Based off RUU_Flyer_HC_S_HTC_WWE_Wifi_3.55.1114.31(offical HC for wifi)
    • Deodexed
    • zipaligned
    • replaced Launcher, browser, clock, calendar with versions without sense(Thanks to Gumby63 and his DeSensified Rom )
    • rooted/superuser/busybox
    • Debloated(removed apps are avaible for download)
    • Hardware Buttons(Huge thanks to LeeDrOiD for figuring this out)
    • Init.D Scripts From LeeDrOiD HC V2.0.0
    • There might be more!(I have a really really bad memory well just call all unannouced features easter eggs :))

Installation Instructions(Assumes You Have Followed Globatrons Guide):
    1. Download Honey Pot, and LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel with modified Services.jar and place it on your sdcard
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Create a backup of your current setup
    4. Wipe data(Optional but recommended)
    5. Flash Honey Pot V1.0
    6. Flash LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel from the link below
    7. Flash Honey Pot V1.1 Updater
    8. Reboot and wait, first startup will take a while
    9. Enjoy

Downloads:
    Honey Pot 1.0 MD5 7fe676b41dc15302538a0d44e3c1f213 Mirror Mirror2
    LeeDrOiD's HC V2.2.0 Kernel With Correct Services.jar
    Honey Pot 1.1 Updater Mirror
    Removed Apps (Not Flashable)

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]Kernel[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Updated to LeeDrOiD-FlyerHC-V2.2.0
    [/LIST]
    [B]HoneyPot 1.1[/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]Changed buttons in the bar to resemble to stock honeycomb(back, home, app switcher, settings)
    [*]Changed wifi status icon to stock honeycomb
    [*]Changed battery icons
    [*]changed images in the quick settings to stock images(removed all the color)
    [/LIST]

If you feel like donating all money will be put towards my school loans
    Removed Apps

Removed Apps
    Code:
    Browser.apk
    com.htc.FriendStream3DWidget.apk
    com.htc.Sync3DWidget.apk
    com.htc.TrendsWidget.apk
    com.htc.Twitter3DWidget.apk
    Facebook.apk
    Flickr.apk
    FriendStream.apk
    FusionStockWidget.apk
    GreenImmersion.apk
    GSD.apk
    HTC_IME.apk
    HTCAlbum.apk
    HtcBackgroundDataWidget.apk
    HtcDialer.apk
    HtcFacebook.apk
    HtcFeedback.apk
    HtcGreader.apk
    HtcGreaderWidget.apk
    HtcPhotoGridWidget3D.apk
    HtcPhotoWidget.apk
    HtcRecommends.apk
    HtcRecommendsWidget.apk
    HtcTwitter.apk
    htcwatchwidget3d.apk
    KidMode.apk
    MyReportAgent.apk
    MyShelf_Widget.apk
    Phone.apk
    Stock.apk
    Stk.apk
    teeter.apk
    TelephonyProvider.apk
    Twitter.apk
    WatchApp.apk
    May use this later

Old Downloads
    Code:
    [LIST]
    [*] [URL="http://www.multiupload.com/VFSM7IC0JW"]LeeDrOiD's HC V2.1.0 Kernel With Correct Services.jar[/URL]
    [/LIST]
    I'll look into it, it's definitely not S-OFF related, S-OFF works at far too low a level to have any effect at all on this.
    I just downloaded this rom and am liking that I have the hardware buttons working. however I noticed that the pen button does not respond to being pressed by the pen. so I am no longer able to bring up the option to take screenshots. is this normal or is there something else that I need to do in order to take a screenshot?

you might want to try reflashing the rom cause I just tried clicking the dedicated pen button and it popped up the usual menu