[ROM] CM7 T989 Kang R7 Update {4/26/2012} Nightly 4/21/2012 Base

Search This thread

mrcrassic

Sep 28, 2007
New York
Eugene

The amount of good you have provided to mankind is immeasurable. I am continually overjoyed by finally having a stable and completely usable ROM that is completely AOSP and driven by Cyanogenmod goodness. Thank you for your tireless effort here.

I hope you are considering joining the Cyanogenmod team.

nelomen

Apr 12, 2011
Glendora, Ca
Been running for 1 and 1/2 days and mostly everything is good. Battery is good but when I look at usage stats it says that Amazon app store is using up the majority of it? Any idea why? This is the first time I have seen this.
By the way I love your other rom Revenge of Macnut as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

stevekixs

Nov 25, 2010
Assonet
Thank you for this Eugene. This is my first time running this since you picked it up. Everything seems great so far.

One question I do have if anyone knows if there is a way to lower the vibration of the haptic feedback?

It seems like its either Max or nothing. Lol. I know this is more of a cm7 question than one specific to this phone.

Last edited:

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
this is also my new dd. gps bug is minor. also i never use airplane mode or turn off data.

best rom for the t989. never realized how bloated touchwiz was till i saw that this rom is only 187mb.

awesome

T989 on CM7_373R2

naria01

Sep 1, 2009
Just reposting because no one responded, am I the only one with this issue?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Just slide your finger up a tiny bit... that works perfect every time for me!

As a matter of fact... I do believe that's how it was designed...

Last edited:
Reactions: Laazyboy

Laazyboy

Feb 14, 2011
Just slide your finger up a tiny bit... that works perfect every time for me!

As a matter of fact... I do believe that's how it was designed...

Strangely, that actually worked :p for some reason I've only had an issue with it on this build of cm7, but thanks

negativefx

Mar 13, 2009
Strangely, that actually worked :p for some reason I've only had an issue with it on this build of cm7, but thanks

Actually no.... that's not how its supposed to work for numbers, only special characters. There is a long press delay, 400ms by default, that dictates how long you need to hold a top row key to get a number. Its inconsistent in this rom. Sometimes it will show a number but will not actually put it in the input field after you release.

Reactions: bbobarino

stevekixs

Nov 25, 2010
Assonet
I'm having a strange issue with Google play music. When I launched it. I synced my account but because of all my flashing I do I couldn't play anything that was stored online.

So I deactivated all my old "phones" on the website". Now everytine I try to play a song Google music either freezes or force closes. Whether it is on my phone or not. Also I had the DSP manager force close twice. Not sure if that's related.

I'm going to try to remove the app through root explorer and then download it from the market.

(Edit) Music from online will still just freeze. I can't seem to figure this out. May have to reflash.

Any help?

Last edited:

Laazyboy

Feb 14, 2011
Actually no.... that's not how its supposed to work for numbers, only special characters. There is a long press delay, 400ms by default, that dictates how long you need to hold a top row key to get a number. Its inconsistent in this rom. Sometimes it will show a number but will not actually put it in the input field after you release.

Yes, I am aware of this, but the temporary solution of sliding up slightly to actually select the number seems to resolve the issue of the number not inputting normally

drizzt16m

Oct 21, 2010
So I've been using this rom since it came out and now I've lost my audio during calls I even left GPS on when I rebooted but it seems to just be gone guess I should try to reinstall the rom

yoft1

Feb 15, 2012
So I've been using this rom since it came out and now I've lost my audio during calls I even left GPS on when I rebooted but it seems to just be gone guess I should try to reinstall the rom

Mobile data has to be on at all times for call audio as well

U Flippin Idiot

Jul 19, 2010
The only weird issue I have is when I sync Facebook and try to join a facebook contact and a contact in my phone it FC every time. I deleted facebook reinstalled and nothing. I also fixed permissions and it did nothing either. Any suggestions?

On another note I have a 2012 Camry and you can stream Pandora thru their app. It crashed after 5-10 minutes with any touchwiz rom. Now I can listen to it flawlessly with no crashes and can control Pandora from my head unit. I have to say Eugene you are a genius. I have no issues with this Rom other than the buggy Facebook which is no big deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
    This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
    ~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
    ~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
    ~ Render FX Not working
    ~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken
    ~ volume+ might have issue.... see this Post
    ~ Changing CPU Governor can sometimes cause CPU1 from not going Offline
    ~ NFC Does not work

INSTRUCTIONS:
    - First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
    2. Do a Nandroid backup!
    3. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    4. Install Rom

- Second time flashing
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip Wipe Utility
    2. Install Rom

~ If Coming from ICS
    1. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
    2. Flash Rom

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
    Nightly 4/21/2012 -> CM7_373R7.zip
    CM7_373R6.zip

AT&T SkyRocket I727 SGS2:
    CM7_373R6_ATT.zip
    Update ETA

ETA is on for Tonight! Battery issue's found!

R2 issue fixed for upcoming release..

LED Flash Mode: No Longer grayed out
    Lockring: All issue's Resolved
    Video player FC = Fixed
    USB Mount = 100%
    CM7 SD: CM7 displays SD's Correctly.... emmc reports the internal & sdcard reports external via settings
    Battery: All issue's resolved
    WiFi: Should be Fully resolved for those that had connection issues
    Right, lets try this again, shall we?

The OP has kindly provided another thread for you to ask questions in and generally post pointless crap like 'thanks', 'downloading!', 'awesome' etc.

This thread should be reserved for bug reports and constructive feedback for the OP.
    Update is now Posted.. Enjoy!
    ~Eugene
    Okay, SPAMMING my own thread.... but, DAMN Battery is Awesome!!!

Glad everyone likes it..

Going to Focus on ICS from here on out!

Have a few other Project as well, but ics.... here we come "soon"

~Eugene