[Q] Restore with custom rom

Search This thread

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 with TWRP and ROOT. I was irresponsible enough to install Chainfire 3d. What my Question is "Can I install a custom ROM(Specifically CyanogenMod 11.0) straight without installing the official rom from TWRP.

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 with TWRP and ROOT. I was irresponsible enough to install Chainfire 3d. What my Question is "Can I install a custom ROM(Specifically CyanogenMod 11.0) straight without installing the official rom from TWRP.

If u had 4.2.2 then yes u can..all it matters is 4.2.2 bootloader..btw.. U should install cwm with seLinux support by odin...simply u do dat...and after that go in mounts and storage..format system...and clear cache..in advanced settings clear dalvik cache..and wipe data too :p..and flash any kitkat rom....it will work :):)..
Selinux cwm recommended...pawitp has given link to download odin flashable in cm11 thread :) ..
Hope i helped :)

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BloodHawkEye

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013
If u had 4.2.2 then yes u can..all it matters is 4.2.2 bootloader..btw.. U should install cwm with seLinux support by odin...simply u do dat...and after that go in mounts and storage..format system...and clear cache..in advanced settings clear dalvik cache..and wipe data too :p..and flash any kitkat rom....it will work :):)..
Selinux cwm recommended...pawitp has given link to download odin flashable in cm11 thread :) ..

Are there any other links to download the files(preferably torrents) because I am having problems with GOO.in. I am totally new to the android development platform and xda. I have followed instructions previously at xda but they were the simple ones posted for rooting and stuff. I've learnt JAVA, C++ and some others from the web but know nothing about advanced coding and how a OS works but I would like to contribute to the community in the future. I have had no professional education for all the cyber stuff. BTW, can you provide me a link to learn about all OS's programming and the relation between hardware and software for advanced learning. I prefer it not to be a hard copy of a book because I want to use my free tym while surfing the web to that.
Thamks.

Last edited:

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai
Even i learnt just by bits of this and that..
I wud try to search for a new one..but trust me mahn..its bettr u ask sm1 and tell him that how all this work .it wud take hardly half hr to undrstand basic cocepts...
Now..abt link..
Probam rom is already git media fire link..(its not like GOO.im)..cm ROMs are put on mediafire by naufalhadyan...just pm him or tag him(if he dont mind that)..omni rom also is on mediafire...
I dont know abt carbon as i havent usd it...nor slimkat...ask @naufalhadyan..that cool guy really do hell of uploading :p..

Reactions: BloodHawkEye

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013
I wud try to search for a new one..but trust me mahn..its bettr u ask sm1 and tell him that how all this work .it wud take hardly half hr to undrstand basic cocepts...
Now..abt link..
Probam rom is already git media fire link..(its not like GOO.im)..cm ROMs are put on mediafire by naufalhadyan...just pm him or tag him(if he dont mind that)..omni rom also is on mediafire...
I dont know abt carbon as i havent usd it...nor slimkat...ask @naufalhadyan..that cool guy really do hell of uploading :p..

Just 1 more question, how many native Indians are there on XDA as the number seems to be a majority of members?

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
Just 1 more question, how many native Indians are there on XDA as the number seems to be a majority of members?

Yes because Grand is one of the best selling phone in India. It is also very popular here in Indonesia due to Samsung's extensive advertising back in mid 2013.

Samsung's main target market for Grand is the developing countries because of the demand for affordable decent phone with dual SIM is high.

raghavsharmaxda

Dec 14, 2013
mumbai

I am pretty sure most of developers and members for galaxy grand are either from Indonesia/India/Malaysia side...and few from gulf country sides too(as i have seen guy who is from egypt ),...as naufalhadyan said..the above mentioned countries are countries where this device was most popular..due to its dual sim function/big screen/affordable/newer and nicely advertised and popularised device...so ya..many indians here :p.including me from india.

BloodHawkEye

Dec 19, 2013
I am pretty sure most of developers and members for galaxy grand are either from Indonesia/India/Malaysia side...and few from gulf country sides too(as i have seen guy who is from egypt ),...as naufalhadyan said..the above mentioned countries are countries where this device was most popular..due to its dual sim function/big screen/affordable/newer and nicely advertised and popularised device...so ya..many indians here :p.including me from india.

Me 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now..abt link..

I only do mirroring of CM11 because of goo.im, all other ROMs are not on goo.im so it's fine... I think ;)

CM11 Build 20140109 Mediafire Mirror

About development guide... there are lots of them here on XDA man, just look around... but I doubt you will find a hardcopy though, because all guides tend to change as time progresses. Android is very dynamic. :D