Note 3 N900 gaming performance

Search This thread

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
OK I've tried that game, front line 2, for about 10 minutes. Got bored with it tbh. So moved onto playing asphalt 8 then pvz2 for a good half hour.

Now the screen does get warm/hot but not so that I can't touch it. I noticed zero lag.

It is possible that as I'm using a custom kernel that has had the governor settings altered that this has under clocked/volted my phone so it's less noticeable than yours. Of course this is a balancing act if you under clock it too much it could lag. If you over it it'll heat up too much.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

Hhhhhhh thx for your time!
Could you point out your custom rom and kernel so I can make my own experiments with that?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

raied115

Jun 13, 2012
OK I've tried that game, front line 2, for about 10 minutes. Got bored with it tbh. So moved onto playing asphalt 8 then pvz2 for a good half hour.

Now the screen does get warm/hot but not so that I can't touch it. I noticed zero lag.

It is possible that as I'm using a custom kernel that has had the governor settings altered that this has under clocked/volted my phone so it's less noticeable than yours. Of course this is a balancing act if you under clock it too much it could lag. If you over it it'll heat up too much.

I think I might have found a partial fix for my problem.
Ever heard of the process IndexService and android.process.media?
Those propably causing the over heating and won't let the cpu sleep...

Now I'm figuring out how to stop them ... Any Ideas?

Edit: I managed to stop them, but there is a lot more lagging... Can't find the reason... Still searching

Last edited:

Saggiehaim

Nov 25, 2011
eilat
www.saggiehaim.net
Hhhh it's ok man, no harm no fault.
Yes, there are another games such as :Frontline 2 (that's free if i'm not mistaken), PvZ2, Real Racing 3, FIFA 14 etc etc...
In my opinion, I don't think it's the games problem, nor the Developers behind them. I think it's the KK problem... In 4.3 I didn't have any of those issues.... Shame I can't downgrade...
What rom/kernel you using? I want to try that since I already voided my warranty a month after I bought the phone and the shi**y Uncle Sammy ( :D ) wasn't gonna take responsibility for he's problems...

i play Real Racing 3 , Fifa 14 and have no problems at all...
im now downloading spiderman and i will try..

Last edited:

karanclassy

Aug 13, 2011
Hey.. I am having same problem while playing shadowgun deadzone after Kit kat update.. Contacted Samsung several times but still no solution..

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

3vo3d

Feb 13, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2493795

This is the rom I use. I've been a jedi fan since the note 2. But my phone is the n9005. And as a result of using this rom my phone shows the wrong model type. This is curable by changing the build.prop but I don't care enough to do it. Also my nfc doesn't work after flashing this rom. That could be a compatibility issue but I also don't use it so don't care to find out.

If you Flash this rom I hope you like it.