[Q] Complete beginner with softbricked device (SCH-I905)

Search This thread

ryuseiaxe

May 5, 2014
hey guys, as mentioned in the title I am a complete beginner with rooting so I had to follow the rather old guides here on xda. To keep the story short: After the initial root I got the e:signature vertification failed error, so after endless googling and flashing different recoveries I am now in a difficult spot and getting quite frustrated. My device is stuck in a bootloop, I only see 'Galaxy Tab 10.1' and after that the screen goes black.

I have tried holding the power and volume buttons to enter recovery mode, except there are 2 problems to that: 1. My model of the device (vzw 4g lte SCH-I905) is almost non existent in the world of tablet rooting so there are no stock roms and 2. When I select the recovery mode option on my tablet the screen just goes black and nothing happens.

Anybody have any thoughts on how to fix my tablet? any help is appreciated and I can provide any other details you need to the best of my ability thanks guys!

ryuseiaxe

May 5, 2014
Hi @eushaun99, I flashed that recovery via odin and it worked, thanks a million, appreciate your help! However, my device is still in a bootloop, even after a factory reset. I would like to fix that so I can connect the device to my computer and install the ROM thru recovery mode or could I do that thru odin as well? Thanks again!

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
Hi @eushaun99, I flashed that recovery via odin and it worked, thanks a million, appreciate your help! However, my device is still in a bootloop, even after a factory reset. I would like to fix that so I can connect the device to my computer and install the ROM thru recovery mode or could I do that thru odin as well? Thanks again!

Well, since the flashing of recovery worked, then just boot into recovery, make a full wipe of system, data, cache and dalvik cache and flash the ROM of your choice. If you want to flash stock ICS then boot into download mode and flash via Odin, but since your p4vzw doesn't have any stock ROM available, I can't help with that. The only p4vzw ROM that I know of would be Infamous AOKP 4.2 by kasper_h, maybe you can try that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: ryuseiaxe

ryuseiaxe

May 5, 2014
Well, since the flashing of recovery worked, then just boot into recovery, make a full wipe of system, data, cache and dalvik cache and flash the ROM of your choice. If you want to flash stock ICS then boot into download mode and flash via Odin, but since your p4vzw doesn't have any stock ROM available, I can't help with that. The only p4vzw ROM that I know of would be Infamous AOKP 4.2 by kasper_h, maybe you can try that.

I have found the AOKP rom you were talking about, but now the problem for me is to get it onto my tablet so I can flash the ROM. I have wiped the system, data, cache and dalvik like you said but I am still unable to get out of the bootloop after I restart it. During the bootloop it shows Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and then a yellow icon comes out, sort of like a yield sign, and then the screen just shuts off, any thoughts?

eushaun99

Feb 8, 2013
Subang Jaya
I have found the AOKP rom you were talking about, but now the problem for me is to get it onto my tablet so I can flash the ROM. I have wiped the system, data, cache and dalvik like you said but I am still unable to get out of the bootloop after I restart it. During the bootloop it shows Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and then a yellow icon comes out, sort of like a yield sign, and then the screen just shuts off, any thoughts?

But you can get into recovery right? Then you can use adb to sideload the ROM zip into your tab.

Reactions: ryuseiaxe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing this recovery in Odin. http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/?p=3158

But you can get into recovery right? Then you can use adb to sideload the ROM zip into your tab.