BLU Studio 5.5S Radio

Search This thread

mohdsubhan08

May 2, 2014
Hi guys, REALLY new here haha.

Anyways, i recently bought a BLU 5.5S (unlocked) over eBay and unfortunately the bands dont match up here in my country (Singapore)

I have been asking around and some of my friends have been saying that i can try to flash a new radio for it and see if it works. Some have told me to root and flash a custom ROM.

Im wondering if flashing a different radio can actually make the bands "match". Another friend of mine was saying that he suspects that BLU has locked certain bands, and if i could figure out a way to unlock it then i can access multiple bands.

:confused::confused::confused: im really confused.

Sorry for such a noob question but i would really appreciate your help!! :p

Thanks!

DamienMc

May 11, 2012
Mobile uncle>mtk engineer> bands (I think, this is from memory)
Will let you pick and choose all available bands

You can also try to replace system/etc/firmware/Modem.bin

DamienMc

May 11, 2012
A new modem? Check your baseband in about phone, and Google another version of that same type. For instance on my phone I have " "MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P30" I would omit the p30 and search "MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6" then replace the modem to the folder above... And cross your fingers your new modem supports your gsm band ;)

Reactions: amt325

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A new modem? Check your baseband in about phone, and Google another version of that same type. For instance on my phone I have " "MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6.P30" I would omit the p30 and search "MOLY.WR8.W1248.MD.WG.MP.V6" then replace the modem to the folder above... And cross your fingers your new modem supports your gsm band ;)