[Q] iGO Primo - Anyone Using on HTC One M8?

Search This thread

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
You should patch first your M8 for 4.4.2 for R/W .
flash this:

Hi, thanks but i am rooted and have full r/w to everything :D
got it sorted today actually.
i needed to keep a content folder on the internal card with all data and folders but only 1 map in /maps folder, the Basemap.fbl
all other maps are on the external SD
i have sys.txt section as follows:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
[folders]
linked_root_list="/sdcard/iGO"
has_secondary_root=0
android_secondary_root_path="/storage/ext_sd/iGO"
content="/storage/ext_sd/iGO/content"
-----------------------------------------------------------------

daphix

Mar 13, 2009
Rooting doesn't warrant you R/W.
If you're on 4.4.2 manual setting of R/W doesn' work.
My advice: keep the simplest way: if you have 4.4.2 uninstall igo, delete all folders, apply the patch, install igo again

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Rooting doesn't warrant you R/W.
If you're on 4.4.2 manual setting of R/W doesn' work.
My advice: keep the simplest way: if you have 4.4.2 uninstall igo, delete all folders, apply the patch, install igo again
rooting means i can do anything.
i had already set the external sd card to r/w which i can because i am rooted.
the patch just sets the card to r/w in platform.xml which i already did and, unlike the patch, i can easily undo if needed.
i didnt uninstall or delete all folders or apply a patch. just moved folders, edit sys.txt and try again.
it was purely a syntax error in sys.txt and having at least 1 map in a map folder.
so that was simple.

John-Wu

Feb 5, 2006
You should patch first your M8 for 4.4.2 for R/W .
flash this:

hi, sorry for a noob question: how can i flash a zip file, if i dont have root my m8? i also have a problem to ge iGO work. I always have a message "..no Folder ...IGO/licence.zip ...."
please help, thanks.
J

ArchiGent

Jul 11, 2008
Igo Promo black screen with speed on instead of map

Hi, I'd be grateful if anyone can tell me why occasionally I get a black screen with digital speed in the middle pop up instead of my map. There is a power/exit symbol button at the bottom right which if I press takes me back to my map. Presumably there is a setting for disabling this somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To fix the sd card issue you have to root.There is no other alternative.Kitkat implemented this issue.To fix it you have to change permissions in es file explorer to rw for all.Or you can flash kernel which disables read/write protection.The best kernel is elementalx kernel.Go give it a try! :laugh:
    Hi, I'm having the same problem with the blinking and disappearing roads running igo on my m8. Could you let me know the sys.text tweak that resolved this for you please? Cheers

[debug]
    max_memory=400000000
    reserve_memory=15000000
    cache=2048

This is what a member suggested and it worked for me!
    Let me know if it works for you.

Are you using Themechanger at all? I'm struggling with that.
    No, i'm talking about iGo is starting fine, but after a while screen starts blinking until it becomes black. Program is still running but screen is black.
    I have eleted save folder, re-installed, tried all kinds of versions :)
    iGo is on sd card, but i'm rooted and on a custom kernel with the sdcard read/write permission fixed.

Same configuration on my One X is running fine.
    If you know of the best way to that I can share my iGO folder here, please let me know. It really should work well and I use it all day and every day. Let me know how to share please.
    Try Map Settings under Program Settings and find the Screensaver setting. Change out to No.

Hope that helps.