Non-XDA problem - HP 5450 upgrade problems

Search This thread

apap

Jan 31, 2003
Non-XDA help needed from XDA techies:

Besides my xda I have an ipaq 5450. I have tried to upgrade the rom with the standard hp upgrade. The upgrade however stops, apparently because in my original version (image in my pocket pc) the language is ENG instead of ENGLISH (upgrade image). I tried to overcome this problem by using a hex editor and changing the ENGLISH in the nbf file of the upgrade to ENG. This allowed me to move to the next step in the upgrade process, but eventually an error message comes out saying there is an error in the image file.

I have spent some time with the online help at HP but they basically told me to give it to a service provider in my country. In the hope that I could overcome the hassle of taking it to a service center in Greece (where I live) , and having seen the wonders that you do to the XDA, I thought you might be able to advise me on a way of overcoming the image incompatibility in my upgrading.

Thanks and sorry for using XDA space for a nonXDA issue.

David96Z

Nov 4, 2003
Just a thought so i'm not sure if this is correct. By changing the ENG to ENGLISH your adding bytes to the size and possiby it doesn't like it.

David