[ROM] Helly_Bean [4.3] [nightly builds] - Vibrant

Search This thread

DerTeufel1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 31, 2011
Many thanks, to pawitp, FaultExeption, Jt1134, be18 and all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Install instructions:

coming from any other rom:
- make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
- flash zip
- reboot recovery
- flash zip again
- flash gapps

if you are coming from a previous version, older than 08/28 your data will get wiped due to new partition layout!
coming from previous version:
- flash zip

Additional changes, compared to cm10.2 (this list might not be complete):
- facebook sync integrated
- option to enable high end gfx effects
- possibility to activate and customize navigation bar
- aokp clock (right/center, custom color, big/small am/pm, display weekday)
- misc settings in settings menu
- added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
- added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
- added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
- possibility to change quicksettings tile background color
- added pie control from slim roms
- added app sidebar from chameleon os (unfortunatelly it still seems to be a little buggy...wip)
- alternate default app picker (from aokp)
- removed cm stats
- removed cm updater
- lockscreen seethrough
- possibility to change color of lockscreen text/pictures
- customizable "long press back to kill" timeout
- added HALO
- more options for rebing the hardware keys
- build.prop mods
- TRDS (The real Dark Slim)

Last edited:

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Can we please keep this thread clean?

If you like Der's work, hit his Thanks button. Please refrain from posting like "Thanks", "Great ROM" or "Can't wait" These types of post just cause clutter and cloud the real questions like about wifi, the God forsaken GPS, Devil OC/UV settings,....

We have a great group here who know proper "Net-iquette", but there has been a rather large influx of new users too.

Good luck and Happy Flashing.

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
...sorry if I'm the party-p**per but it's something I wish to know about the new version (if it is fixed or going to be). It's a long standing bug which has often driven me crazy. I've written about it in the other thread but let me restate it here and the possible workarounds that kinda work but (which) are far from elegant. Anyway here it is:

In both the 0817 and 0828 that I've tried it is there (and probably it was from the start), it's the duplicating effect that media scanner has over my media. That's to say that every time I reboot it re-adds my media, creating (false) duplicates which disrupt my music player but also the gallery. Of course an obvious work-around is to use apps which use their own SD scanner or (worse yet) to delete the "media provider"'s cache before each and every reboot.

Since smartphones -though- are almost primarily for media consumption I would prefer an actual fix to this problem. It does not belong to the "popular" bugs (bad GPS etc), but it is a bug I don't often see discussed and I think it deserves part of the limelight. Anything approaching to a fix would really "untie my hands" for one...

BTW thanks for the great rom :)

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
@guy above me
It probably isn't in the bugs list because not too many people have suffered from it.
Did you do a complete wipe before flashing 828

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk 2

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Steve - thats been a random bug since ICS and maybe even before. Try some file maintenance on your SD card. Delete the Lost.dir on your internal SD, and the .thumbnails folder in your DCIM folder. Also, maybe try backing up your important data from both the internal and external sd, format them both, then load your data back onto it. That problem always seemed to stem from cache files. I personally have never seen it, but I run basic file maintenance before every flash, it takes just a few minutes, and saves a ton of headaches.

ashiksiles

Jul 14, 2012
Chittagong
What about the Battery?? My battery drains too early. I can't use 1.5 hours at a stretch!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

Stevethegreat

Nov 28, 2010
Steve - thats been a random bug since ICS and maybe even before. Try some file maintenance on your SD card. Delete the Lost.dir on your internal SD, and the .thumbnails folder in your DCIM folder. Also, maybe try backing up your important data from both the internal and external sd, format them both, then load your data back onto it. That problem always seemed to stem from cache files. I personally have never seen it, but I run basic file maintenance before every flash, it takes just a few minutes, and saves a ton of headaches.

The problem seems to be on/in my external SD alone. I've formatted it before reinserting it, also I installed the version that I have now (0828) coming from stock, so I thought my starting point was a clean sheet... but no, the problem came back to haunt me, I dunno maybe my micro-SD is dying, I'm hoping that it ain't. Thanks for the reply though...

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
The problem seems to be on/in my external SD alone. I've formatted it before reinserting it, also I installed the version that I have now (0828) coming from stock, so I thought my starting point was a clean sheet... but no, the problem came back to haunt me, I dunno maybe my micro-SD is dying, I'm hoping that it ain't. Thanks for the reply though...

Do you have access to another microSD to try, and see if the problem repeats itself on a different card? Its worth a shot, and could let you know if its the card or not.

dddtc2005

Sep 14, 2010
Shanghai
How to choose vc or cmc when flashing? old version only make a devil/voodoo_color works. But it seems like not working in new versions.

omnifarious

Jul 6, 2010
Jacksonville
How to choose vc or cmc when flashing? old version only make a devil/voodoo_color works. But it seems like not working in new versions.
From OP.
Install instructions:

if you want the rom to be installed with voodoo color kernel instead of the default one, just create a folder called devil at your sdcard, and place an empty file named voodoo_color in this folder. Then just install the rom as followed below

Last edited:

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
I have had one bug come up on the latest build, 0901, wondering if anyone can verify. Exchange Services keeps crashing on my corporate email account. Anyone else run into this on the latest build?

Here is a logcat, if it help at all DT.

Code:
W/dalvikvm( 7890): threadid=13: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a7f300)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): FATAL EXCEPTION: ExchangeService
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): 	at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.collectEasAccounts(ExchangeService.java:560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): 	at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.access$600(ExchangeService.java:107)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): 	at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService$AccountObserver.<init>(ExchangeService.java:665)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): 	at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.run(ExchangeService.java:1973)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
I/BufferQueue(  412): BufferQueue: minUndequeued=2
W/ActivityManager( 3817): Duplicate finish request for ActivityRecord{40ea6a38 com.android.email/.activity.Welcome}

Last edited:

nht48823

Jun 5, 2012
West Babylon
battery seem to be a major issue I am not sure why. I flashed 9/1 an hour go and I had the battery fully charged, other then doing the required updates and setting up my apps, I left it on alone, an hour later i notice my battery status was 76%...Android System seem be utilizing it mostly. I hope there is a solution.....other then that everything seem to be pretty smootth. It was little choppy at first and it got smoother the more i played with....

iKoolkid

Jul 8, 2012
Chicago
I have had one bug come up on the latest build, 0901, wondering if anyone can verify. Exchange Services keeps crashing on my corporate email account. Anyone else run into this on the latest build?

Here is a logcat, if it help at all DT.

Code:
W/dalvikvm( 7890): threadid=13: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40a7f300)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): FATAL EXCEPTION: ExchangeService
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): java.lang.NullPointerException
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.collectEasAccounts(ExchangeService.java:560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.access$600(ExchangeService.java:107)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService$AccountObserver.<init>(ExchangeService.java:665)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): at com.android.exchange.ExchangeService.run(ExchangeService.java:1973)
E/AndroidRuntime( 7890): at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:856)
I/BufferQueue(  412): BufferQueue: minUndequeued=2
W/ActivityManager( 3817): Duplicate finish request for ActivityRecord{40ea6a38 com.android.email/.activity.Welcome}

When that happens I clear the app data.

Sent from my Olympus via Hermes.

omnifarious

Jul 6, 2010
Jacksonville
battery seem to be a major issue I am not sure why. I flashed 9/1 an hour go and I had the battery fully charged, other then doing the required updates and setting up my apps, I left it on alone, an hour later i notice my battery status was 76%...Android System seem be utilizing it mostly. I hope there is a solution.....other then that everything seem to be pretty smootth. It was little choppy at first and it got smoother the more i played with....

I haven't flashed 09012012 yet so I don't know if it still utilizes the KA7 modem. If it does refer to this post:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=30966626&postcount=1255

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Many thanks, to pawitp, FaultExeption, Jt1134, be18 and all the other people who commit to gerrit. without these, this rom wouldn't be possible

you can find the official website for this projekt here
    http://www.hellybean.com/index.html

you'll find download links and faq on this site.

IRC channel:
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=hellybean

Install instructions:

coming from any other rom:
    - make sure to have gingerbread bootloaders
    - flash zip
    - reboot recovery
    - flash zip again
    - flash gapps

if you are coming from a previous version, older than 08/28 your data will get wiped due to new partition layout!
    coming from previous version:
    - flash zip

Additional changes, compared to cm10.2 (this list might not be complete):
    - facebook sync integrated
    - option to enable high end gfx effects
    - possibility to activate and customize navigation bar
    - aokp clock (right/center, custom color, big/small am/pm, display weekday)
    - misc settings in settings menu
    - added possibility to change the colors of the statusbar toggles
    - added option to enable/disable coloring of toggles
    - added option to display a small bar below the toggles as indicator for toggle state
    - possibility to change quicksettings tile background color
    - added pie control from slim roms
    - added app sidebar from chameleon os (unfortunatelly it still seems to be a little buggy...wip)
    - alternate default app picker (from aokp)
    - removed cm stats
    - removed cm updater
    - lockscreen seethrough
    - possibility to change color of lockscreen text/pictures
    - customizable "long press back to kill" timeout
    - added HALO
    - more options for rebing the hardware keys
    - build.prop mods
    - TRDS (The real Dark Slim)
    Can we please keep this thread clean?

If you like Der's work, hit his Thanks button. Please refrain from posting like "Thanks", "Great ROM" or "Can't wait" These types of post just cause clutter and cloud the real questions like about wifi, the God forsaken GPS, Devil OC/UV settings,....

We have a great group here who know proper "Net-iquette", but there has been a rather large influx of new users too.

Good luck and Happy Flashing.
    Hello everyone. My son got born today! I'll try to upload a new build soon.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2
    new rom is online!

only at rootaxbox for now. changelog and mirrow tomorrow!
    i have uploaded a new rom now.

download links and changelog can be found at the new homepage, which is linked in the first post now :)

if the hp is not very professional, it's the first site i ever have made :p