MX Player Custom Codec [AC3,DTS,MLP,TRUEHD, etc..]

Search This thread

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
u:r:usbhost:s0
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
As far as my understanding from the commits, it doesn't affects the devices except x86. If the developer put 1.8.6.1 as requirement & everyone has to redownload the codecs unnecessarily. So, they might have kept 1.8.6.

in simple words for any non x86 devices, custom codec 1.8.6 = custom codec 1.8.6.1

Bingo!

Reactions: IronTechmonkey

IronTechmonkey

Recognized Contributor
Feb 12, 2013
To explain why I can't call the file 1.8.6.1
Is because MX player expects the Name 1.8.6 or it won't load the codec.
AKA those errors on my first upload people where having.

Thanks for the explanation, and for the codec. :)

With the codec MX Player is in a unique class of plays-all-media apps the likes of which I've only seen on PCs in VLC or with K-lite.

Last edited:

GYUULL

May 30, 2017
Thank you so much for this

And just some newbie question here. Apparently mine uses armv7 neon codec, and i know this custom codec lets me play ac3 files. So just wondering does other non ac3 files has diffrence in quality when played in newest updated codec from store? Just wondering if i should keep 2 codecs if it has diffrence in quality for other files, so i can change when playing ac3 file.. thank you

ChazzMatt

Recognized Contributor
Nov 30, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
And just some newbie question here. Apparently mine uses armv7 neon codec, and i know this custom codec lets me play ac3 files. So just wondering does other non ac3 files has diffrence in quality when played in newest updated codec from store? Just wondering if i should keep 2 codecs if it has diffrence in quality for other files, so i can change when playing ac3 file.. thank you
this custom codec also lets you play DTS files, while Google Play version does not.

Bassiette

Feb 8, 2016
I wanna codec to run subtitles files of type idx/sub where can i find it ??

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

jean_bruder

Mar 19, 2016
Scherwiller
Dear all,

Thank you for that custom codec, but it is not working in the Freebox Mini 4K : it cause a white screen and exit of MX Player ... Any body else having the same issue ? Any solution ?

Regards,
Jean

Nuno106

Jun 3, 2017
Latest AC3 neon arm v7 codec

Good afternoon, I update my mx-player on play Store to version 1.9.0 and the codec this is asking is 1.9.0 older don't accept.
Here I can find the 1.9.0 neon arm v7 codec?
Thank you for your time

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Why this is not updated to 1.8.20 (lasted version on play store)
The codec version is different from the app. Even tho how similar it is.
Good afternoon, I update my mx-player on play Store to version 1.9.0 and the codec this is asking is 1.9.0 older don't accept.
Here I can find the 1.9.0 neon arm v7 codec?
Thank you for your time

Really??? Gerr MX player pro is late lol

I will not be able to update the codecs until the 6th.
I'm not home ATM. Sorry

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
I checked the codec app version, not the player himself.
Check for yourself:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.ffmpeg.v7_neon
Ahhh​ those... I forgot about them.
Those codecs are for processors that need it. Because they are missing something.
Example: My Nexus 7 needed those (if I remember correctly) but not my Note 3 or N9.
Those app codecs are different than the ones in this thread, you can use both if required.

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Last edited:

InvalidDNA

Nov 16, 2016
My pro version (1.9.0) is now crying out for 1.9.0 ARMv7 NEON codec.

Even on play store it's v1.8.20 and not 1.9.0..
I got it.
IMG_20170603_220248.jpg

It seems to be a staged roll out. Not everyone is getting. There is no information on the website as well.

Unfortunately ffmpeg sources for 1.9.0 is not yet published in their website. Probably @USBhost might be waiting for that. If he do not release, I will release my version of custom codec as soon as sources are made available.

If you are concerned about cutom codecs, don't update the player to 1.9.0 till the custom codecs are available.

USBhost

Recognized Contributor
Oct 23, 2013
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
I got it.
View attachment 4170300

It seems to be a staged roll out. Not everyone is getting. There is no information on the website as well.

Unfortunately ffmpeg sources for 1.9.0 is not yet published in their website. Probably @USBhost might be waiting for that. If he do not release, I will release my version of custom codec as soon as sources are made available.

If you are concerned about custom codecs, don't update the player to 1.9.0 till the custom codecs are available.
Yeah I'm waiting but I probably won't be able to release it until the 6th.
We will see :laugh:

Would you mind if you upload that APK?

InvalidDNA

Nov 16, 2016
Yeah I'm waiting but I probably won't be able to release it until the 6th.
We will see [emoji23]

Would you mind if you upload that APK?
Sorry, I am on a slow network now ([emoji24]). Uploading is deadly slow. I will provide you tomorrow if no one shares here till I move to a area with good network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https://github.com/USBhost/MX_FFmpeg is my modified source where i'm building from
    You can download recent codecs here ( GitHub releases ) and 1.35.0-1.8.6 here ( Google Drive ).
    Also the XDA download tab is no longer updated as for some reason I cant remove them.

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Check which version you need by going to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    in the Custom Codec tab it will tell you which one is needed (x86,x86_64,neon,neon64/ARMv8).
    Note: skip step 1 if your using aio (all in one) version
    2. Download the one you need (No need to unzip it)
    3. Go back to Local Player Settings/Decoder/General
    and tap the Custom Codec tab then select the version you downloaded. DONE!
    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :

What's the difference between MX Player Codec Packs on Google Play and Custom Codec?
    MX Player Codec Pack not only contains ffmpeg library, It contains many other libraries required to work properly. If you download MX Player from Google Play mostly it will contain the required libraries according to your device architecture. You have to install codec packs from Google Play only if MX Player asks to install. Custom codec is just a modified version of the ffmpeg library used in MX Player. It's modified to include support DTS/Dolby(ac3) audio tracks. So, Codec Pack is mandatory if MX Player asks to install it. Custom Codec is optional and It's required only if you want to play the videos with DTS & Dolby (AC3) audio tacks

Why Custom Codec is not updated even though MX Player is updated?
    In Many occasions MX Player may updated without any changes to ffmpeg library. So, Custom Codec will also remain same. The custom codec version required will be directly forced by the player itself. So no need to worry about it. If it's not compatible MX Player will not load at all.

How do I know that my Custom Codec is outdated & needs an update?
    Whenever MX Player is updated, It will check the custom codec version loaded. If it's outdated it will show a error message that shows "Custom Codec is out of date. Replace it with the new version". Otherwise there is no need to check this thread for the new Custom Codecs.
    Custom codecs for 1.9.8
    Update 1.13.0 is up!!!

1.13.0 ARMv8 codec is needed here as well, thank you !

Please, it any chance to get ARMv7 Neon codec for version 1.13 mx player? I have sony TV and its problem with EAC3 :-/ Need codec for this version.

It's up on Google Drive now!!! :angel: neon64 is our ARM64
    However I can't seem to upload them to XDA... I guess Brave does not like flash lol oh well.
    Edit: Its up on XDA as well now.