[ROM] Passion_Google_WWE_2.16.1700.1_FRG33_MFG_Shipment_ ROM

Search This thread

jdmoore81

Dec 27, 2009
Morgonton
is that a simple method like 1 click or is it a more standard somewhat technical way?
It is works similar to one click but you need a PC android sdk installed then you just double click on superboot windows oh and you Need to be in fastboot a cmd window will pop up and when your phone reboots you will be rooted.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
So it's safe to say that this update is authentic?

If it weren't authentic, it would not load successfully via the PASSIMG.ZIP method on a locked bootloader. Only signed ROMs can be applied that way.

But that's not to say this update is bug-free. If you're unrooted on FRF91 and your bootloader isn't unlocked, I would highly recommend this upgrade path instead:
1-Click Root -> ROM Manager -> flash ClockworkMod recovery -> full nandroid backup -> apply Paul's repacked version as an update.zip.

This will allow you a simple roll-back pathway (i.e. boot into custom recovery and restore the backup). If you upgrade via the PASSIMG method, then according to reports on this thread you lose all possible return pathways short of unlocking the bootloader.

DMaverick50

May 1, 2009
San Antonio, Tx
when i flashed this i got it from the modaco link, i used the top one that indicated it was the full file but there were several ones below that were labeled, there were i think 2 different ones for rooted phones and 2 different ones for stock phones, and i think those were initially the ones we were supposed to use but they didnt work. were those supposed to have the modified build.prop?

ali3nfr3ak

Dec 1, 2008
Christchurch
If it weren't authentic, it would not load successfully via the PASSIMG.ZIP method on a locked bootloader. Only signed ROMs can be applied that way.

But that's not to say this update is bug-free. If you're unrooted on FRF91 and your bootloader isn't unlocked, I would highly recommend this upgrade path instead:
1-Click Root -> ROM Manager -> flash ClockworkMod recovery -> full nandroid backup -> apply Paul's repacked version as an update.zip.

This will allow you a simple roll-back pathway (i.e. boot into custom recovery and restore the backup). If you upgrade via the PASSIMG method, then according to reports on this thread you lose all possible return pathways short of unlocking the bootloader.

I agree. I stupidly just flashed this and cannot downgrade, have tried several different options to downgrade but none have worked, have held off from unlocking the bootloader, hoping someone will come up with a miracle LOL

moda0222

Dec 6, 2009
Philly

Well I went the paasimg route because I have upgrade ocd...i needed you last week Hehe...thanks for the info...will use going forward.

ronjeremy11

Aug 19, 2010
This problem is compounded because afaik very few people flashed it and are now stuck with it and want to stay locked, like me. Since there isn't a lot of focus on it I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix. Stupid question - So the build.prop can't be modified and repackaged as a flashable zip in order to give us stock suckers access to our protected apps? Just curious

ali3nfr3ak

Dec 1, 2008
Christchurch
This problem is compounded because afaik very few people flashed it and are now stuck with it and want to stay locked, like me. Since there isn't a lot of focus on it I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix. Stupid question - So the build.prop can't be modified and repackaged as a flashable zip in order to give us stock suckers access to our protected apps? Just curious

no i dont think you can as the flashable zip wont have htc/google signed code

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
I guess the only way the "stuck" folks can revert without unlocking is either to find a new root vulnerability, or to find some sort of master override that can load up an older official firmware version.

stfl

Aug 15, 2010
My friend's new nexus one is already FRG33 as it arrived, there is no way to use 1-click root.
I've tried to use new exploit from C skills and it did show "#". So I think it should do the trick.
I doesn't flash anything yet, therefore, this is for your reference.

C skills: h ttp://c-skills.blogspot.com/2010/08/please-hold-line.html

1. Get the exploit (executable file)
exploit: h ttp://stealth.openwall.net/xSports/RageAgainstTheCage.tgz

2. Extract the .tgz file to get the "rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin"
I put the file in d:\RageAgainstTheCage

3. Put exploit file to your N1
adb push d:\RageAgainstTheCage\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
adb shell chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

4. Enter adb shell
adb shell

5. Execute exploit (It will automatically close adb shell)
$cd /data/local/tmp
$./rageagainstthecage

6. Restart adb
adb kill-server
adb start-server

7. Enter adb shell again
# (Yes, my lord.)

I've found it may not success every time, if it doesn't, please go through steps 4~7 again.
If it still doesn't work, we need to wait a new way to root. Good luck.

Reactions: r2000s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My friend's new nexus one is already FRG33 as it arrived, there is no way to use 1-click root.
    I've tried to use new exploit from C skills and it did show "#". So I think it should do the trick.
    I doesn't flash anything yet, therefore, this is for your reference.

C skills: h ttp://c-skills.blogspot.com/2010/08/please-hold-line.html

1. Get the exploit (executable file)
    exploit: h ttp://stealth.openwall.net/xSports/RageAgainstTheCage.tgz

2. Extract the .tgz file to get the "rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin"
    I put the file in d:\RageAgainstTheCage

3. Put exploit file to your N1
    adb push d:\RageAgainstTheCage\rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage
    adb shell chmod 700 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

4. Enter adb shell
    adb shell

5. Execute exploit (It will automatically close adb shell)
    $cd /data/local/tmp
    $./rageagainstthecage

6. Restart adb
    adb kill-server
    adb start-server

7. Enter adb shell again
    # (Yes, my lord.)

I've found it may not success every time, if it doesn't, please go through steps 4~7 again.
    If it still doesn't work, we need to wait a new way to root. Good luck.