Galaxy S10 Deep Sleep bug

Search This thread

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Unfortunately not... Only restart can do the trick. And this is very annoying! And more annoying is, We will wait for Samsung update for ages...

They will fix this one in no time, I am sure. I'm optimistic.

But may be it is something on the apps side. May be they would have to change something so they work on the S10, because they don't drive the sensor well enough. Which, if so, should also happen pretty quick.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017

But may be it is something on the apps side. May be they would have to change something so they work on the S10, because they don't drive the sensor well enough. Which, if so, should also happen pretty quick.
hope they will fix it. I'm not so goot at english, can someone open a thread on the official samsung forum?

Inviato dal mio SM-G973F utilizzando Tapatalk

celsior360

May 20, 2012
Hong Kong

This is totally unacceptable where this is a $1,000 phone and where I live don't have a refund policy in Hong Kong. We need to do purchase wisely because we don't want to throw away hard earn money.

Samsung do have a quick update but sometimes we have to wait indefinitely.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
This is totally unacceptable where this is a $1,000 phone and where I live don't have a refund policy in Hong Kong. We need to do purchase wisely because we don't want to throw away hard earn money.

we need to report through members app and also open a thread in the samsung official forum

troxter

Nov 22, 2008
London
I'm with you guys.. Spent $1000 and cannot fully enjoy my device. WhatsApp is my most using app. I think we will get update in about month.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
I'm with you guys.. Spent $1000 and cannot fully enjoy my device. WhatsApp is my most using app. I think we will get update in about month.
I hope so. I sent a tweet to samsung mobile and reported through members app, but one tweet won't be enough for samsung to push a fix soon

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

you have snapdragon in hong kong? right?

johnwayne27

Jan 31, 2015
Just my opinion- but social media apps like facebook and others are always going to drain your battery. Its just the price of those apps. Most articles suggest removing facebook if battery drain. Facebook owns whatsapp too lol

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
@johnwayne27
we are talking about another thing, which is a bug that only happens with this phone. Please try to post a more relevant comment next time

Last edited:

Tel864

Nov 22, 2011
Greenville
Just my opinion- but social media apps like facebook and others are always going to drain your battery. Its just the price of those apps. Most articles suggest removing facebook if battery drain. Facebook owns whatsapp too lol

I agree, the first thing I do is get rid of the Facebook app. There are quite a few Facebook apps out there that work just as well with less memory hit. I personally like Swipe For Facebook.

mostling

Oct 5, 2008
No calls at all today, didn't even get to 10 hours off charger...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190323-203629_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20190323-203629_Settings.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 687
  • Screenshot_20190323-203656_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190323-203656_AccuBattery.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 689

tiho5

Jun 21, 2010
Bulgaria
Never used facebook. Created account some years ago and tried it for a few weeks. Then deleted my account as this thing was just funny to me. I was happy wehn I deleted it and still am. I don't need Facebook to be in touch with my friends. Or anybody for that matter.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
Never used facebook. Created account some years ago and tried it for a few weeks. Then deleted my account as this thing was just funny to me. I was happy wehn I deleted it and still am. I don't need Facebook to be in touch with my friends. Or anybody for that matter.
please, it's not about facebook what we are talking about

celsior360

May 20, 2012
Hong Kong
I hope so. I sent a tweet to samsung mobile and reported through members app, but one tweet won't be enough for samsung to push a fix soon

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

you have snapdragon in hong kong? right?

We do have Snapdragon version in Hong Kong, but I don't have a phone since new device also have little bugs.

AhsanU

Sep 27, 2013
NYC
Gave up on my S10+

Currently letting it collect dust while we wait for Samsung to do something about the drain. I was about to buy a Snapdragon version but know that the Exynos will get support.. funny enough, there's a GCam for the SD version and nothing solid for the Exynos! I'm not sure it's worth it at all anymore. So glad I have a 6T.

SwordOS

Mar 2, 2017
We do have Snapdragon version in Hong Kong, but I don't have a phone since new device also have little bugs.
probably snapdragon isn't affected, since no one with snapdragon is giving a **** about this thread.

Users with snapdragon please check if you have this bug

rajackar

Feb 19, 2009
Utrecht
Exynos version here.
I can confirm the issue but it'd NOT just voip calls causing it.
I've encountered the bug twice in the few days I have the s10+ and haven't made any voip calls yet.
I've attached screenshots from before and after a reboot. Pretty clear I'd say. Also note how long the phone was running without deep sleep. Is clear the bug doesn't resolve itself.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some users that have been reporting, using apps such as CPU Spy, that the phone does NOT enter a deep sleep state in standby. Some resourceful users over on the S10+ have found the cause of the issue, which is a bug with the proximity sensor. The bug is triggered AFTER entering a VoiP call such as WhatsApp call or Skype, at which point the phone will continue to fail to deep sleep until the next restart.

Thus, in order to fix the issue, in the meantime I recommend restarting after VoiP calls, and report the issue to Samsung through the Members app in hopes of getting it fixed.
    Confirmed bug fixed.
    Snapdragon... No bug
    Interesting, I am guessing this bug is limited to Exynos models? Haven't tried whatsapp or voip calls on my Exynos S10+ yet.

Apparently.
    So far 1hr 32min in deep sleep after reboot. A few calls, SMSes, YouTube, whatsapp messages and web whatsapp used. On battery power for 1hr 45mins so far and 93% left according to AccuBattery.
    My is BTU... I know how to flash manually via odin. But how to flash without loosing data, apps, pictures etc?

If you use the Home_CSC then your data will remain intact like an OTA update. That Odin package is for the normal S10 btw.