[VR Player] VU Cinema - Enjoy a virtual theater anywhere

Search This thread

jackson1214

Jan 18, 2017
Hello,

I am developer of VU Cinema, a VR video player for cardboard. I would like to introduce our App and provide some promo code to you guys for FREE paid version. Enjoy watching videos in the IMAX theater!

Features:
- Hands-Free (Full Gaze Operation)
- Use ffmpeg backend to support almost all media format (paid version only)
- YouTube Video (paid version only)
Support most popular videos and voice search
- Realistic Cinema Scene
IMAX, Regular theater and living room
- IMAX Seat Selection
- Multi-Language Subtitle
- Audio Track Selection (paid version only)
- Bluetooth gamepad

Download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vustudio.vr.vucinemafree
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vustudio.vr.pro.vucinema (Paid version)

Permission Usage:
NFC, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Used by the Cardboard SDK to set up and save your headset configuration
INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : Required for YouTube video streaming
RECORD_AUDIO : Required for YouTube voice search
READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Required for accessing media on the device

Promo code: (Don't forget to reply the post if you use one of them)
FPKLVGSMK1DU69U3GZHYRPE
8AC24PPPPGMGVYLNT7LFUH7
6KY0YHQ2HA0ZT46LKL07CGZ

If you like it, please leave a rating and comment on the Play Store. Any comment or suggestion to improve the App is welcome.
Thank you.

Last edited:

karmeck

Jan 6, 2013
Could not get any videos to play. Android 7.0 mate 9 pro. Tested both free and paid version.

googleygoggles

Dec 9, 2013
OnePlus 8T
FPKLVGSMK1DU69U3GZHYRPE
8AC24PPPPGMGVYLNT7LFUH7
6KY0YHQ2HA0ZT46LKL07CGZ

If you like it, please leave a rating and comment on the Play Store. Any comment or suggestion to improve the App is welcome.
Thank you.

Wow... No one even decided to say that they've used up all the codes (-_-)...

Anyways, I tried your free version on my Nexus 5 and it works pretty well! It does drain the battery a lot more than I thought it would though.

Enokrad

Jun 24, 2010
Anything with a 3d environment background is a drain on the phone battery (overheats it too)

I personally use vr players with no background or 3d surroundings. All you need is the video screen.

Xifar

May 13, 2015
Did you make this with Unity3d?
If so, could you add this https://github.com/m-tukiok/UnityPluginDisplay4k to it, please? Even if you have to make it into a different version of the app.
I'm willing to pay for the pro version and make a donation if you do!
I'd love to have a native 4k VR player for my XZp that doesn't require messing with adb.

kay962

Nov 15, 2017
VU showing video that is mismatched positionally on right and left eye

hey fam.i am using a tecno camon cx air and i am having an issue in that the video on the right is not exactly the same in positioning/mismatch as the video on the other eye causing some blur and uncomfy viewing experience.what can i do?i am using VU pro latest version:mad:confused::mad:
check out my twitter @Kay_e_veemusic i will show you a screenshot of my screen, i can't post a link here since i am new..will appreciate your help

Last edited:

djparent

Jan 3, 2010
Saskatoon
It's a shame the codes are expired this deserves five stars for sure! I have a couple of feature requests:

Please add the ability to play network videos! It is essential that I can launch videos to VU Cinema from a file manager (total commander in this case) the same as any other video player. It would also be nice to be able to browse network videos from within the app.

Bluetooth controls need to be refined. Please add the ability to either map the controller or add basic seek and volume controls to the D pad. Sometimes it is easier to tap forward a couple times to relocate my place in a movie than try to navigate the very inaccurate seat bar. The only app I have seen tackle VR controls well (and I've tried them all) is VR Theater by coach games. If you were to merge the graphics from VR Cinema with similar gamepad controls to VR theater it would be the perfect app!!!

Please continue development it's really great! ?

[Just purchased, well worth it]

Last edited:
Reactions: Schalker19760

Dharmeshrgp

Mar 18, 2018
On one plus 5, After the update 5.0.4 it has stopped working.video screen is blank while pictures can be seen.kindly help on it.

Hargid

Dec 29, 2018
YouTube internet connection failed issue

Hi
I have recently purchased irusu VR box and tried the vu cinema pro app in my one plus 5t ,all the features are working fine except the YouTube. When I am trying to play a video it is showing internet connection failed.please let me know how to resolve this
Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I am developer of VU Cinema, a VR video player for cardboard. I would like to introduce our App and provide some promo code to you guys for FREE paid version. Enjoy watching videos in the IMAX theater!

Features:
    - Hands-Free (Full Gaze Operation)
    - Use ffmpeg backend to support almost all media format (paid version only)
    - YouTube Video (paid version only)
    Support most popular videos and voice search
    - Realistic Cinema Scene
    IMAX, Regular theater and living room
    - IMAX Seat Selection
    - Multi-Language Subtitle
    - Audio Track Selection (paid version only)
    - Bluetooth gamepad

Download:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vustudio.vr.vucinemafree
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vustudio.vr.pro.vucinema (Paid version)

Permission Usage:
    NFC, WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Used by the Cardboard SDK to set up and save your headset configuration
    INTERNET, ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE : Required for YouTube video streaming
    RECORD_AUDIO : Required for YouTube voice search
    READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : Required for accessing media on the device

FPKLVGSMK1DU69U3GZHYRPE
    8AC24PPPPGMGVYLNT7LFUH7
    6KY0YHQ2HA0ZT46LKL07CGZ

Thank you.
    It's a shame the codes are expired this deserves five stars for sure! I have a couple of feature requests:

Please add the ability to play network videos! It is essential that I can launch videos to VU Cinema from a file manager (total commander in this case) the same as any other video player. It would also be nice to be able to browse network videos from within the app.

Bluetooth controls need to be refined. Please add the ability to either map the controller or add basic seek and volume controls to the D pad. Sometimes it is easier to tap forward a couple times to relocate my place in a movie than try to navigate the very inaccurate seat bar. The only app I have seen tackle VR controls well (and I've tried them all) is VR Theater by coach games. If you were to merge the graphics from VR Cinema with similar gamepad controls to VR theater it would be the perfect app!!!

Please continue development it's really great! ?

[Just purchased, well worth it]