New HTC Update for Windows Phone

Search This thread

irvin792

Mar 1, 2011
okie dokie thank you for your help.

Sadly enough, there are 3 other links to European ones, but none to ATT Cingular. Looks like you have a long weekend wait before you flash the ROM. It says servers are down. I would suggest send 'football' the OP of stock ROM thread, a PM and probably he might be able to upload the ROM to mediashare or something more accessible?

irvin792

Mar 1, 2011
well ive check all my bootloader, firmware, and all that jazz and it checks out that it is all the same as stock, so I dont think the HTC update took hold, would i still need to re-flah my rom? FF is finally back up though so Im downloading it now

ROCOAFZ

Jun 5, 2007
The HTC update gives me an error also about certificate when using cab sender. Any fixes? I have an ATT titan and had just reflashed my phone about 5 days ago.

bennyj71

Feb 23, 2008
New Orleans
:( im having no luck at all, even after hard resetting and now my back up wont load either.....it goes to load the update and it never actually starts (no white line for progress) and then reboots ending in the error above. And on my phone it says that the update was unsuccessful. Im with a wiped phone, unusable backup, and no update ......this sucks
My Titan did the same thing. I can't remember the white line, but my phone said unsuccessful. Like I said nothing showed me that it worked. I started setting it up, and saw how fast it had gotten. It used to lose internet signal and websites would timeout. Happened about three to ten times a day. It has never happened since the update. It didn't dawn on me until I saw wallpapers in my picture gallery.

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

irvin792

Mar 1, 2011
My Titan did the same thing. I can't remember the white line, but my phone said unsuccessful. Like I said nothing showed me that it worked. I started setting it up, and saw how fast it had gotten. It used to lose internet signal and websites would timeout. Happened about three to ten times a day. It has never happened since the update. It didn't dawn on me until I saw wallpapers in my picture gallery.

Sent from my PI39100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

yea I dont see any wallpapers :( and my bootloader and everything is still the same as before

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Does it mean that most of you guys who have failed update/no update are not in the UK? Could it be that only UK unlocked ones have got this update so far?

stevov

Jan 10, 2010
www.boanergesperformance.com
UK unlocked did the update a few days ago.first attempt hung at level 6 so disconnected and retried.second attempt straight through no issues. followed up by a hard reset.phone is just that bit sharper in all areas. hard to put a finger on it.its just better.battery life has picked up again after dropping of on the 8107 update. checked this morning and showed 11 hours since last charge with 2 days 9 hrs remaining at 73%.4 email accounts and weather. location enabled on 2g/E.

Oct 20, 2007
Question for somebody who has installed this on an AT&T-branded phone... can you confirm the radio/firmware versions in Settings > About > More Info?

OS - 7.10.8107.79
Firmware - 1600.2200.20501.401
Bootloader is NEW - 2.5.160015.3(137079)
Radio software - 16.23.06.10_ 16.32.00.23U

I've already updated to 8107, but if this improves call quality and other issues, I'm all for forcing it too, since AT&T sucks a fat one. I just don't want to screw up my phone either.

I have no interest in unlocking it later, so bootloader being newer isn't a problem as long as everything works. :)

Thanks for any info!

G

GuestK00161

I tried pushing the update to my ATT Titan (8107), but I received an unsuccessful update error too. I might go ahead and do a hard reset BC I noticed some sluggishness after trying to push the update.

It makes me question why HTC did not push this update to it's ATT customers? Does the carrier have the ultimate say over manufacturer/OEM updates too? I thought the OEM had higher privileges than the actual carrier.

Anyway, I don't want to try to force the update again. I have a tiny ounce of faith that either HTC/ATT would eventually release this update to its carrier locked Titans.

Plus it's only a bootloader update. I would imagine a firmware/radio update would be the potential fix for the "actual" problems of this phone??? -Not positive on this...

Oct 20, 2007
Plus it's only a bootloader update. I would imagine a firmware/radio update would be the potential fix for the "actual" problems of this phone??? -Not positive on this...

Well, that's the thing, it indicates the radio and firmware are newer than what mine has, so I would assume there are fixes.

I don't have as much faith in AT&T to push the update. They're dropping all of their existing phones in favor of Titan 2 and Lumia 900, so I don't see them pushing any further updates.

I'm considering an upgrade to the Lumia 900 anyway, so maybe I'll just give it a shot and see what happens.

UPDATE: I tried to install but got a specific error about not being able to verify the signature:

Error:
Complete with error code: 80180008, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: Failed to verify digital signature of update package.

This is consistent with what other AT&T users are getting, so unless someone has a definitive solution to the error, I think I'll just leave well enough alone and not pursue installing the update since I'm not having any major issues.

Last edited:

alphaacres

Question for somebody who has installed this on an AT&T-branded phone... can you confirm the radio/firmware versions in Settings > About > More Info?

OS - 7.10.8107.79

I've already updated to 8107, but if this improves call quality and other issues, I'm all for forcing it too, since AT&T sucks a fat one. I just don't want to screw up my phone either.

I have no interest in unlocking it later, so bootloader being newer isn't a problem as long as everything works. :)

Thanks for any info!

Do not change the radio software you have the best for AT&T just the OS update to 8107 is good. AT&T says it's going to give this update with Tango?? you just got it early. at least I hope they do it AT&T does not always do as they say.

Reactions: GoodThings2Life
G

GuestK00161

Well, that's the thing, it indicates the radio and firmware are newer than what mine has, so I would assume there are fixes.

I don't have as much faith in AT&T to push the update. They're dropping all of their existing phones in favor of Titan 2 and Lumia 900, so I don't see them pushing any further updates.

I'm considering an upgrade to the Lumia 900 anyway, so maybe I'll just give it a shot and see what happens.

UPDATE: I tried to install but got a specific error about not being able to verify the signature:

Error:
Complete with error code: 80180008, error message: IU (Image Update) installation failed on phone: Failed to verify digital signature of update package.

This is consistent with what other AT&T users are getting, so unless someone has a definitive solution to the error, I think I'll just leave well enough alone and not pursue installing the update since I'm not having any major issues.

Yea, my radio version/firmware are different too...but both are based off region/location/release date/carrier. Installing a radio that is not specific to your location such as in the (UK) = not good.

As for ATT -they released a semi-public statement to WP7 users a week ago that they will receive Tango, along with the past two updates ... eventually. This was probably due to the fact that the missed 8107 update caused such an uproar with ATT customers. However, if...and this is a BIG "if" ATT does not push out these updates to its customers, I really believe M$ will somehow intervene. -I have read the 33+ page thread over at the ATT forums -over the missed 8107 update, and believe me, it would probably strike a blow for M$ if ATT did something like this to it's customers...again. -I don't think I've ever came across such a "heated" thread like that one on ANY forum before.

But anywho, I am assuming this new bootloader would be pushed out around the same time as the Tango update.

(http://www.slashgear.com/att-confirms-windows-phone-tango-update-soon-28220438/)

I received the same error message too when I tried to push it through the cab sender. I might try again later after I do a hard reset/or reflash back to stock.

-I am not totally sure if somebody with an ATT Titan successfully pushed the update or not? Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited:

v_garg

Apr 6, 2012
Upgraded on Orange UK.

Had the phone reset date/time back to the 1980s.

Bug still remains with 3g data connection on and wifi

rpalmer68

Oct 31, 2008
Hi folks,

I have an SIM unlocked AT&T titan I am usng here in Australia and have forced the 8107 update, but I really need to fix the poor call quality people comment on when I'm talking to them.

So;

1) Does this HTC update resolve the call quality issue?
2) Does the time changing issue go away after you manually set the time back to Auto? Or does it keep reverting on a reset/power off?
3) Given there are a number of you reporting issues can I confirm if this update can in fact be applied to AT&T Titans or not?

Thanks

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Hi folks,

I have an SIM unlocked AT&T titan I am usng here in Australia and have forced the 8107 update, but I really need to fix the poor call quality people comment on when I'm talking to them.

Thanks

Yes and no. If the muffled sound was introduced between 7740-8107 then it will help. If it's handset related, try covering the noise-cancellation mic on top and see if it clears the muffle.

2) Does the time changing issue go away after you manually set the time back to Auto? Or does it keep reverting on a reset/power off?
It becomes normal once you set it after the update. It only resets during update. So power-off/reset won't keep reverting it.

3) Given there are a number of you reporting issues can I confirm if this update can in fact be applied to AT&T Titans or not?
I would say, AT&T is still 70% No, 30% yes. Keep either an AT&T stock ROM handy or your previous Zune back up, in case you fall in the 70%

rpalmer68

Oct 31, 2008
Yes and no. If the muffled sound was introduced between 7740-8107 then it will help. If it's handset related, try covering the noise-cancellation mic on top and see if it clears the muffle.

It becomes normal once you set it after the update. It only resets during update. So power-off/reset won't keep reverting it.

I would say, AT&T is still 70% No, 30% yes. Keep either an AT&T stock ROM handy or your previous Zune back up, in case you fall in the 70%

Thanks for the reply, the sound issue was there before the 7740/8107 updates and the tape over the mic doesn't seem to help.

Don't like my odds on applying the HTC update, but I may get desperate soon as people are having trouble understanding me!

Just so I understand, if the update goes wrong, I can just do a full Zune restore?

swallery

Dec 1, 2009
HI !

anybody know how can i force this update ?
now 24 april but i still don't receive this update

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AFTER UPDATE:

OS - 7.10.8107.79
    Man I hope someone can make a cab that us poor ATT customers can force update. If it helps call quality and signal strength, I really need it.

they did... its available here , but becareful we don't know yet if this effects DFT work in unlocking the Titan for custom roms
    Ok...please correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure my Titan never did this before....

Just had a missed call, and with the screen off, the green LED flashed until I cleared the missed call from the phone tile!?!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

My girlfriends HTC HD7, my Mothers HTC 7 Mozart and my HTC Titan all do this. So I am pretty certain that is not new to this update.

OS - 7.10.8107.79

Thanks for any info!

Do not change the radio software you have the best for AT&T just the OS update to 8107 is good. AT&T says it's going to give this update with Tango?? you just got it early. at least I hope they do it AT&T does not always do as they say.