Features of android 4.4 kitkat

Search This thread

ksguptalive

Jan 21, 2013
since cyanogenmod 11 is released and it has android kitkat so here are the new features incorporated in android 4.4 kitkat
(android 4.4 is optimized for improving the performance on devices with 512 MB RAM or less.The entire UI is going to get smoother.)
1.UI improvement and redesign in apps-the apps like email and downloads are streamlined.the status and navigation bars go translucent.
2.improvement in google now-google now is 25% more accurate and will give u precise results with ur questions.cards for local shopping have been added.
3.SMS app is a part of hangouts-with hangouts u get three options- SMSs, MMSs and GTalk chats.emoji icons are incorporated in stock keyboard.
4.CALLER ID gets smarter-priority will be given to contacts with whom u talk the most.local listing on google maps will be used for recognizing numbers.
5.quickoffice default app for document reading and editing-quickoffice is integrated with android 4.4 just as iWork suite in apple devices.
6.voice control is always on-android kitkat incorporates always-on voice control that allows users to send text messages, locate places on google maps, play songs.
7.SCREEN RECORDER-u get to record anything u do on ur phone and save it in mp4 format.it is very useful for creating tutorials.
8.addition for support of cloud printing-the new version of android adds support for cloud printing.the limitation is that google cloud Print function is limited to the HP ePrint range and printers that have apps in the play store marketplace.
9.step counting-fitness freaks rejoice! Android 4.4 comes with a function called Moves that operates as a pedometer that counts your steps. google says this is a battery friendly way to measure your daily activity level.
SOURCE-TOI

Last edited:
Reactions: DaRkRhiNe

mhmod222

Jul 23, 2013
could you post the link of this rom
because i have kitkat but it hasn't step counter or screen capture

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
no with any new build, there will be new bugs... :laugh:

2e241cbbfa40b515d22f0718ddaab4f25631dfed32a8c3e571ae5a5533e92406.jpg

eduds

Mar 8, 2013
Thx bro, google is the best search engine.
Whether all of user applications support ART?

{sent from my mind}
if I help you, simpe just hit the thanks button. ;)

Unfortunately, no.
And I think that ART doesn't work with Xposed Framework, but I'm not sure...

Sent from my GT-I9070 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kupalogs

Oct 28, 2013
Now you will se how he rules. You will get 10 updates per week - but non of them will fix some major bug. :cowboy:

All of them will be: sources update, some speed tweaks etc, etc... Mark my words. :D
It was the same as releasing a rom once every two months with only one bug fix or sometimes nothing at all.
At least there was an improvement everyday.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
It was the same as releasing a rom once every two months with only one bug fix or sometimes nothing at all.
At least there was an improvement everyday.

What improvement? And we did not get any update, maybe one. I am speaking generaly about that dev. Fix one thing, mess another - attract people to go to web site with adds to download new version, in couple days again fix that what he broke - but broke another thing and in circle...

Last edited:
Reactions: Razvan

kupalogs

Oct 28, 2013
What improvement? And we did not get any update, maybe one. I am speaking generaly about that dev. Fix one thing, mess another - attract people to go to web site with adds to download new version, in couple days again fix that what he broke - but broke another thing and in circle...
Well programming is not easy, maybe for you. Sometimes you will fix a certain things but at the same you accidentally broke something without knowing. Fixing and breaking is normal unless you are a perfect human that can code flawlessly.
And i dont see any wrong idea about attracting users to your site with ads, it is a site it was meant to be visited. And no one force you to download the file every release.

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Well programming is not easy, maybe for you. Sometimes you will fix a certain things but at the same you accidentally broke something without knowing. Fixing and breaking is normal unless you are a perfect human that can code flawlessly.
And i dont see any wrong idea about attracting users to your site with ads, it is a site it was meant to be visited. And no one force you to download the file every release.

It is perfectly normal if you do not do it in purpose. By knowing that you will do that and make a bug. And why lying that ROM has some feature... But why to spend words on this matter anymore. :angel::angel::angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Now you will se how he rules. You will get 10 updates per week - but non of them will fix some major bug. :cowboy:

All of them will be: sources update, some speed tweaks etc, etc... Mark my words. :D
    since cyanogenmod 11 is released and it has android kitkat so here are the new features incorporated in android 4.4 kitkat
    (android 4.4 is optimized for improving the performance on devices with 512 MB RAM or less.The entire UI is going to get smoother.)
    1.UI improvement and redesign in apps-the apps like email and downloads are streamlined.the status and navigation bars go translucent.
    2.improvement in google now-google now is 25% more accurate and will give u precise results with ur questions.cards for local shopping have been added.
    3.SMS app is a part of hangouts-with hangouts u get three options- SMSs, MMSs and GTalk chats.emoji icons are incorporated in stock keyboard.
    4.CALLER ID gets smarter-priority will be given to contacts with whom u talk the most.local listing on google maps will be used for recognizing numbers.
    5.quickoffice default app for document reading and editing-quickoffice is integrated with android 4.4 just as iWork suite in apple devices.
    6.voice control is always on-android kitkat incorporates always-on voice control that allows users to send text messages, locate places on google maps, play songs.
    7.SCREEN RECORDER-u get to record anything u do on ur phone and save it in mp4 format.it is very useful for creating tutorials.
    8.addition for support of cloud printing-the new version of android adds support for cloud printing.the limitation is that google cloud Print function is limited to the HP ePrint range and printers that have apps in the play store marketplace.
    9.step counting-fitness freaks rejoice! Android 4.4 comes with a function called Moves that operates as a pedometer that counts your steps. google says this is a battery friendly way to measure your daily activity level.
    SOURCE-TOI

no with any new build, there will be new bugs... :laugh: