[Q] Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562

Search This thread

xpacguy

Jan 11, 2008
Do any one have performance issue with Samsung Galaxy S duos s7562.
I am very much disappointed with my device as it will get stuck on screen. Huge Lag time. Will take time to go to application after clicking on icon. Cannot play HD videos. While receiving calls the screen will go black, You can hear the ring but cannot see anything on screen. Any help will be appreciated. :(

KlinkOnE

Oct 13, 2013
GDR
pretty sure there will only be one sim working like all custom Duos roms. Of course i use both sim thats why i bought this device.
first: cheap calls & sms
second: free data
would be nice to have both working but propably never will...

Sent from my GT-S7562 using xda app-developers app

mallikarjun170

Dec 26, 2013
Hyderabad
Hi,
Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.

is it CMW5 or CMW6?It's not working for me i.e i can't install recovery zips from ext-sdcard.

Last edited:

XxSTOMPERxX

Nov 28, 2013
Before flashing the cwm zip
Try deleting or preferably renaming install-recovery.sh in root/etc folder.

Press thanks if i helped.

Nikhil...007

Oct 6, 2013
Hyderabad
@all GT-S7562 User.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=37905307

Gesendet von meinem GT-S7562 mit Tapatalk 2

Are you telling that cm11 works but with only one sim ????

No mate, the network problem still exists. The newest build( cm11 kitkat 4.4.2) is very smooth and usable. Graphics aren't very smooth, so games are kinda laggy.

---------- Post added at 06:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 AM ----------

@all GT-S7562 User.

Thanks mate, I have tried it. It makes our device tolerable. I like the AROMA installer.

Reactions: wurstherpes

candy_ass

Jun 9, 2012
hi i followed the instruction on how to root but im having an error when i try to install super user which is "E: failed to verify whole-file signature, and E: signature verification failed" can anyone help me?

ajiththiruvatta

Jan 24, 2014
Kottayam
Can i use face screen lock on my galaxy s duos ? I took the backup from galaxy s3 and installed on my device.. it succesfully installed and when i took security option, there is the option of face lock. When i click that, it shows some messages and force closes. My device is rooted and runs on stock rom ! Can anybody help ?? :confused::rolleyes::(:what:

Sent from my GT-S7562 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
Can i use face screen lock on my galaxy s duos ? I took the backup from galaxy s3 and installed on my device.. it succesfully installed and when i took security option, there is the option of face lock. When i click that, it shows some messages and force closes. My device is rooted and runs on stock rom ! Can anybody help ?? :confused::rolleyes::(:what:

hi, use this

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_NLqfSyZfYANDlIdWpNNzAzcHM/edit?usp=sharing

it's designed for our phone

Reactions: ajiththiruvatta

ajiththiruvatta

Jan 24, 2014
Kottayam

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
@all GT-S7562 User.

gone unnoticed, this turbo boost mod has significantly improved the speed of the system, especially opening apps and eliminated lags.
I recommend it to everyone.
for those unwilling to read the whole topic I summarize

requirements :

root ( of course)
custom kernel
init.d support
cwm recovery

just flash from recovery and follow the instructions , as a precaution make a Nandroid backup first .

What does it do? simply creates a ram swap file in the unused space of internal memory of the phone.
internal memory means the cache, data and and system partitions and does not affect the space used as storage. (you can choose whether to create a swap file in one, two or all three partitions)

there are already mods that do this on the external sdcard but the speed is slow , while the internal memory is much faster.

no other mods so far has given me smooth over this .

to see if it works type from terminal:

cat /proc/swaps

you will see all the swap partitions and their use ( note that there is already a default partition zmem ( zram ) in physical ram )

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

It says that 'face unlock couldn't start'.. and some white dots are blinking. I had downloaded a 25mb file from ur link and when i compressed the zip file, it shows folders like META INF, Optional, etc. I found the apk somwhere and installed...

you must flash the zip file in recovery mode, it's not an apk.
you must have root and clockworkmod recovery installed

Last edited:

ajiththiruvatta

Jan 24, 2014
Kottayam

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

you must flash the zip file in recovery mode, it's not an apk.
you must have root and clockworkmod recovery installed
Can i flash the zip through stock recovery ?? I didnt installed cwm.. if its necessary, how would i install cwm on my device ???

holymoz

Oct 25, 2013
Ragusa
Can i flash the zip through stock recovery ?? I didnt installed cwm.. if its necessary, how would i install cwm on my device ???

no, stock recovery flash only original samsung update, you must use cwm, its very useful, also you can bakup all the phone to experiment mods and stuff and eventually return to the backupped system like nothing was changed.

Requirements for cwm recovery :
1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone with usb cable
2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
3. Odin Flashing Tool and CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
4. Phone rooted

Procedure :
1. Install latest USB Drivers for your Samsung Mobile in your PC.
2. Switch off your mobile.
3. Press and Hold "Vol. Down + Home + Power" buttons until the phone vibrates.
Once phone vibrates, leave all buttons.
4. It will Show you a Warning.
Press Vol. UP button to Continue.
5. Now you will see a screen on phone which is Download Mode.
6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it recognize the phone and installing the drivers.
7. Download and Extract Odin.zip
Open Odin. It will detect your phone on some COM Port.
8. Now click on PDA and select the recovery.tar file.
9. Now make sure the following :
Auto-Reboot is checked.
F. Reset Time is checked.
All others are unchecked.
Click on start.
Odin will start flashing.
wait for atleast 2-3 minutes.
Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.
Keep the phone connected to your PC.
10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin, disconnect cable.
11. to Boot into CWM Recovery Mode:
shut down phone.
press Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
Keep all of these pressed until you see samsung logo and then release.
Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.

to flash a zip

-"install zip from sdcard"
- choose zip from sdcard (if files are in external microsd)
OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)

once flashed go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.

Reactions: ajiththiruvatta

brijeshdayal

Feb 6, 2014
CWM Error in rooting Samsung S Duos

Hi Vikas

I Have followed the steps you have mentioned here and till step 11 everything was working fine.

Now before moving to step 12 there are two options. Either the phone is to be disconnected from PC or let it remained connected. If phone is remained connected it will not boot as when the phone starts it shows battery charging status. So I removed the phone from PC.
After that I followed step 12. The phone boots in Android System Recovery <3e> mode (Rather than in CWM recovery mode). In Android System recovery mode Home button does not work and Power buttons is used for selecting any option. Further there is no option of "Back and Restore" neither option "install zip from sdcard". The options available are:

Reboot the phone
Update from external storage
Wipe Factory Setting
Update from cache

When I choose option "Update from external storage", next screen shows the zip file "CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip" (which I had copied on external memory card) alongwith some other folders stored in memory. I selected "CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip". The updation started but an error message showed "E: Signature verification failed" and the installation was aborted.

I have tried several times the whole process but getting the same error.

Please help about this error

Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
2. Latest USB Drivers for Samsung Mobiles (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956)
3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
You will see screen like this :
1krfn.jpg

Now, it will look like this :
8FbMS.jpg

Auto-Reboot is checked.
Click on start.
Odin will automatically reboot your phone and you will see Pass written on Odin.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
Use Vol. Up and Down to navigate and to select, use Home button. To go back, press Power button.
IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
OR choose zip from internal sdcard (if file are in phone's internal sd card memory)
navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button, ;)

CAUTION : It will VOID your Samsung Warranty and set/increase your custom flash counter.
    You will also see a yellow triangle below Samsung logo during each boot.

Please take a Full NANDROID Backup using CWM once CWM is flashed. This is useful in case you want to return to Samsung Official stock ROM or in case something goes wrong.

You can flash back to stock recovery if you don't need CWM any further OR if you want to remove the yellow triangle.
    Samsung stock recovery is attached below with this post.

Requirements :
    1. Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone
    3. Odin Flashing Tool (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    4. CWM 5 Recovery (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=32500955&postcount=35)
    5. Superuser or SuperSU ZIP (attached with this post) (any one of them)

Procedure :
    5. Now you will see [Odin3] screen on phone which is Download Mode.
    6. Connect your Phone to your PC and wait till it install the drivers.
    You will see screen like this :
    1krfn.jpg

Now, it will look like this :
    8FbMS.jpg

Auto-Reboot is checked.
    Click on start.

10. Let the phone boot properly and then close the odin.
    11. Now, for Rooting, you have two options.
    Superuser or SuperSU. Both works good, you can choose any of them.
    so, Download CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and copy to your MicroSD card.
    If you don't have MicroSD card, you can copy it to phone's internal SD card memory.

12. Boot into CWM Recovery Mode by :
    Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power
    IMPORTANT : GO to "Back and Restore" and create a FULL NADROID BACKUP by using "backup" option. It will be very useful in case something goes wrong.

- "install zip from sdcard"
    navigate to CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip OR CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip and select it.

That's it.
    Go back using power button to CWM Home screen and reboot the phone.
    Hi again :)

Someone know what combination of keys we have to do for enter in recovery mode?:)

Hi,
    Press The following combination for booting into recovery. (Works fine for me)
    Keep all of them pressed until you see the samsung logo and then release them all.

Vol. UP + Vol. Down + Home + Power On

CWM and Odin is attached. Flash this CWM package using odin (make sure you reboot your phone into download mode for using odin)

I'm NOT responsible for any brick or other mis-happening. I tested it all on my galaxy S duos and it works fine.

Edit : CWM 6 replaced with CWM 5and reuploaded. CWM 5 works much smoother for me.
    [Guide] How to Reset Custom bin Counter In Galaxy S duos (S7562)

Here is the full guide. If you like, please press the thanks button

Caution: : I'm not Responsible if You Bricked Your Phone Do it at Your Own Risk.

Requirements :
    1. Rooted Samsung Galaxy S duos S7562 Phone!
    2. TringleAway App Get it from Here or from the Attachment Box of this Post.
    3. A sensible Brain and Patient..

Procedure:
    1. Install The TringleAway 2.86 app
    2. open the TringleAway it will ask you to grant root permission Grant it.
    3. Click on Reset Flash Counter As shown Below!
    VJ3IFHN.png

4. it Will Give pop-Up as shown Below.

nTpMWjt.png

5. Click Continue..
    6. Wait...
    7. Go to Download mode And check Your Binary Status its 'No'

Thanks Chainfire to makes It Possible!
    Link2SD Working!

Hey folks,

Finally got Link2SD working properly on my rooted s7562.

There are many guides out there so I'll just tell you what I did specifically for our phone to get it working.

I used MiniTool Partition Wizard (on my Windows 7 laptop) to create the second partition on my 32GB micro sdcard. The important part is that it needs to be FAT32, and not Ext3 as most guides will recommend you use. Ext3 was what I tried originally without success. I was getting "read only" errors when trying to link to second partition.

I haven't tried the Ext2 or Ext4. FAT32 worked so I'm happy.

The native "Move to SD card" option in Link2SD does not work, (presumably because it's not natively supported on our phone) but the "Create link" option works fine. Which is what we want.

I have moved (linked) a few apps over and tested they are working and all is good.

Hope this helps some of you.

Regards
    Keliuss

P.S. Please feel free to thank me below. :)
    ROM- Stock DDBMJ1 with some of my mods and edits + 200 dpi -Smart Launcher Pro - SD Cards swapped - PMP Engine - build.prop edits - many more tweaks.

-Lockscreen, homescreen, notification panel and call screens-

uploadfromtaptalk1404984238712.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984270191.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984303047.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984335803.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984392680.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1404984432378.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984469189.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404984506903.jpg

Regards
    Mohitash

Sent from my GT-S7562