[Q] Galaxy S2 i9100 won't root

Search This thread

spajo

Mar 4, 2014
Zagreb
Hi,

I am trying to flash my S2 using Odin, and no matter what I try I always get the same result.
It doesn't work.
The phone will go in to the mod where I press the volume down button, home and power, but if I try to press up, home and power notkinh happens.
It all started a few days a go when it started getting stuck in a loop, just showing samsung mobile logo and it won't go further than that.
When I start Odin, it recognises the device, starts normally, and then it says Complete(Write) operation failed.
I've attached a screenshot, please help if you can.
If I try adding the pit file then the situation in the second picture happens, it goes on and on and on..

thank you in advance

Attachments

• s2-root.jpg
    s2-root.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 26
  • s2-root1.jpg
    s2-root1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 20

spajo

Mar 4, 2014
Zagreb
Siyah for s3!!!!!!!! Not s2 .

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ok, thank you, i also have speedmod, do i use the pit file as well? or without it?
the problem is i can't go into recovery mode to install new firmware so first i guess i have to flash it with odin
i have tried using every frickin guide there is if you know of one that has all the steps and all the files for download in one place, and explained like to an idiot I would be very grateful :)

hansonchen

Jun 14, 2012
You tried to flash an s3 kernal. There's an s2 kernel, check everything before flashing. You are lucky the phone didn't bricked.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: MistahBungle

spajo

Mar 4, 2014
Zagreb
You tried to flash an s3 kernal. There's an s2 kernel, check everything before flashing. You are lucky the phone didn't bricked.

when i try with speedmod kernell and a .pit file it writes: NAND write start and goes on for 20 minutes now, how long is this supposed to last?
preview in the attachement

Attachments

• s2-root2.jpg
    s2-root2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 16

hansonchen

Jun 14, 2012
borked?
it would get stuck in a loop showing just the samsung logo before, so i have not moved far from that, since it was unusable before as well :)
can you help? any tips?

Check if you have kies running in the background. Kill any instant of kies. Or some software such as bluestacks.

Then try again. It takes only less than 1 minute or so for kernal flashing

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

One more thing, are you sure yours is i9100 or i9100G?

Reactions: spajo

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
Search for @Hopper8s guide "troubleshooting a failed Odin flash".
It's stickey'd in the S2 general section.......
It has ALL the info (and resources/links/downloads) clearly laid out, that you could ever possibly need to restore your S2 to life........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: andrewwright

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
borked?
it would get stuck in a loop showing just the samsung logo before, so i have not moved far from that, since it was unusable before as well :)
can you help? any tips?

Flash 4.1.2 stock with Odin. See if it boots up. If not factory reset in recovery and see if it boots. For root flash philz kernel either in stock recovery or with Odin. Like its been pointed out by mb...you will be lucky if you haven't damaged it beyond "flashing something to fix it" repair.
Also why are you using a pit file??!??!?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Siyah for s3!!!!!!!! Not s2 .

Not that long. You may well have borked it.
    borked?
    can you help? any tips?

Check if you have kies running in the background. Kill any instant of kies. Or some software such as bluestacks.

Then try again. It takes only less than 1 minute or so for kernal flashing

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

One more thing, are you sure yours is i9100 or i9100G?

Search for @Hopper8s guide "troubleshooting a failed Odin flash".
    It's stickey'd in the S2 general section.......
    It has ALL the info (and resources/links/downloads) clearly laid out, that you could ever possibly need to restore your S2 to life........

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app