[Q] Swapper for root can't work

Search This thread

MyAnand13

Apr 11, 2014
I have installed cyanogenmod 11 on my galaxy mini GT-s5570. When I type free in terminal it already shows a swap of 47mb on device.

in terminal windows show initially

swap: 49148(total) 44244(used) 4904(free)
How can I expand it ? because 47mb swap file is very low amount.I have 8gb class 4 micro sd card.
Swap file created by swapper for root can't work.

Thanks in advance

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have installed cyanogenmod 11 on my galaxy mini GT-s5570. When I type free in terminal it already shows a swap of 47mb on device.

in terminal windows show initially

swap: 49148(total) 44244(used) 4904(free)
How can I expand it ? because 47mb swap file is very low amount.I have 8gb class 4 micro sd card.
Swap file created by swapper for root can't work.

Thanks in advance

Which version of CM11 do you use? Did you manually set swap or do you mean preconfigured? You can change the value with Performance Controls.

BUT keep in mind that your phone has 384MB of physical ram (Usable value will be even slower - i suppose ~ 300MB) --> swap ram is very slow, especially if you got a class 4 sd card.I have no clue about the used kernel, but zRam must be supported by the kernel. If the kernel does you can get a class10+ sd card and manually set a swap partitions. Any values >100MB will probably slow down your device instead of speding it up :(

MyAnand13

Apr 11, 2014
Which version of CM11 do you use? Did you manually set swap or do you mean preconfigured? You can change the value with Performance Controls.

BUT keep in mind that your phone has 384MB of physical ram (Usable value will be even slower - i suppose ~ 300MB) --> swap ram is very slow, especially if you got a class 4 sd card.I have no clue about the used kernel, but zRam must be supported by the kernel. If the kernel does you can get a class10+ sd card and manually set a swap partitions. Any values >100MB will probably slow down your device instead of speding it up :(

I have downloaded and installed ROM from following link
http://d-h.st/XeT

kernel version is 2.6.35.7-androidarmv6+jenkins@piripiri209#1
and the swap ram amount is preconfigured.
Previously I installed cm10.1 RC-5 stable dev ROM. On that I used swappe for root and using this I had created swap file of 820mb on class 4 8 gb sd card and it worked fine.

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I have downloaded and installed ROM from following link
http://d-h.st/XeT

kernel version is 2.6.35.7-androidarmv6+jenkins@piripiri209#1
and the swap ram amount is preconfigured.
Previously I installed cm10.1 RC-5 stable dev ROM. On that I used swappe for root and using this I had created swap file of 820mb on class 4 8 gb sd card and it worked fine.

820MB swap :eek: You made my day ;)

LS.xD

Nov 7, 2013
Luebeck
OnePlus 3
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Yes I have created 820 mb swap file by swapper for root app

I'll install the app just for fun on a low ram device to check the performance. May be I'm kinda dumb and it runs great^^

--> FAILED lol i can't even select internal or external sd card. As the internal free space is too small i can't even try it. Awesome app :eek:

Last edited: