[ROM] [4.4.4] [OFFICIAL] ParanoidAndroid 4.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ineedaname

Nov 7, 2010
Is tethering working for anyone?

I can't get any type of tethering working on my nexus 7 3g. Tried a lot of different apps in the market as well.

Devilman539

Jul 22, 2010
Freehold
Re: PARANOIDANDROID 3.00 (4.2.1) | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode

Hey guys, I really like this ROM but I've been having issues for the last 4 builds with keyboard lag and gtalk force closures when attempting to place a video call to any one of my contacts. Does anyone know of a fix for any of these issues? I really enjoy the features of this ROM and would have to go back to stock rooted over these small issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

wolfdingo

Apr 27, 2011

Tethering Works without troubles.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

sona911

May 28, 2010

Had to go back to cyanogen. Poorly maintained ROM with bugs persisting from one build to the next. Thanks to the developer any ways and hope it shall get better. N4 version is perfect though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: Devilman539

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011

Had to go back to cyanogen. Poorly maintained ROM with bugs persisting from one build to the next. Thanks to the developer any ways and hope it shall get better. N4 version is perfect though.

Bugs...where?? Honestly. I haven't had an issue. If I want to be picky then I would say there should be a mobile data tile

Devilman539

Jul 22, 2010
Freehold

Bugs...where?? Honestly. I haven't had an issue. If I want to be picky then I would say there should be a mobile data tile

I've been having issues myself as well for the last 4 builds and help as well as no solutions in the thread. It's a great rom if you use it Wi-Fi only with a different kernel and don't mind force closures on gtalk video chat etc. Sadly I'm going back to stock rooted myself but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for progress. Loving this rom on my N4 tho.

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth

I don't get it... the Bluetooth bug was known three builds before, why don't you just fix it?

The bug is caused by Google not updating the hardware repos in aosp. I'm not going to spend the time to reverse engineer a fix when the zip works. So when they do it will be fixed until then it's not much to ask to flash an extra zip. The rom is built from source the fix is pulled from a rom dump

Hey guys, I really like this ROM but I've been having issues for the last 4 builds with keyboard lag and gtalk force closures when attempting to place a video call to any one of my contacts. Does anyone know of a fix for any of these issues? I really enjoy the features of this ROM and would have to go back to stock rooted over these small issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Try updating gapps I use gtalk video almost every day with no issues, I don't use stock keyboard but ill look into it. The newest ones are in the paranoid android gapps folder do not use the generic goo ones

I don't think a few builds a week is poorly maintained but ok. I don't know if any bugs other than that graphical glitch which I have spent over five hours searching for and that can be fixed by disabling hardware overlays in developer settings. And the reordering if tiles in tablet ui both things that most roms don't offer

I've been having issues myself as well for the last 4 builds and help as well as no solutions in the thread. It's a great rom if you use it Wi-Fi only with a different kernel and don't mind force closures on gtalk video chat etc. Sadly I'm going back to stock rooted myself but I'm definitely going to keep an eye on this for progress. Loving this rom on my N4 tho.

Is there no 3g tile? Tiles are dynamic so it should check for 3g then show up

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: kuka1992

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth

Browser still locks up and force closes on certain websites and so does gtalk whenever I attempt to do a video call I've also noticed lag on the keyboard occasionally. This is on a clean install. Did a clean install twice to make sure.

Details please can I have the website and preferably a logcat

Hey, jw is there any way to make pie control work on all edges? I cant find a way...

No that feature blocks swipe actions on certain apps, so it won't be coming back

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Devilman539

Jul 22, 2010
Freehold

No that feature blocks swipe actions on certain apps, so it won't be coming back

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
The issues I was having was Gtalk force closing when attempting to video chat and the browser would crash on certain websites as well. I had the latest pa gapps installed as well. Its been happening for the last 4 builds with no mods, stock voltages etc. I flashed clean multiple times and flash with and without Franco kernel and it kept happening. I asked for help but I got no response so I just assumed that the issue was being worked on. Which gapps are you referring to? The ones on the main link are to 11-27. Are there new ones?

wanakamura

Aug 10, 2010
Paranoidandroid 3.0 4.2.2 3g issue

Hi I have one main problem.
3G don't work.
I bought Nexus 7 3G thesame day I change rom to PA. But 2 days ago I got 3g SIM and it's not working. I checked on second one which work with my friend Ipad.
SIM is working its connrected to network (on WiFi I have full signal) but with wifi off it not working. I try to set APN by my self or auto but it not work any way.
So I tried to use updete by goo and finaly I'am at:
Kernel 3.1.10-g22b4fcd (K39
ParanoidAndroid 3.1
Tilapia 4.2.2. JDQ39 20130225.181615 test-keys
So I look many threads. I have I9000 With 4.2.2 2,5 year of changing ROMs so I can find answers if they are. But now I stuck. I don't want to change ROM. I Like it its veeery usefull. and stable. and batteryfriendly.
But 3G not work for me.
Help :)
PK

Last edited:

FReaKRaNT

Oct 28, 2012
Toronto

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE
The issues I was having was Gtalk force closing when attempting to video chat and the browser would crash on certain websites as well. I had the latest pa gapps installed as well. Its been happening for the last 4 builds with no mods, stock voltages etc. I flashed clean multiple times and flash with and without Franco kernel and it kept happening. I asked for help but I got no response so I just assumed that the issue was being worked on. Which gapps are you referring to? The ones on the main link are to 11-27. Are there new ones?

For Gapps, go into goo manager and browse to the PA folder. You will find the latest gapps there.

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Hi I have one main problem.
3G don't work.
I bought Nexus 7 3G thesame day I change rom to PA. But 2 days ago I got 3g SIM so I it not work. I check on second one which work with my friend Ipad.
SIM is working its connrected to network (on WiFi I have full signal) but with wifi off it not working. I try to set APN by my self or auto but it not work any way.
So I tried to use updete by goo and finaly I'am at:
Kernel 3.1.10-g22b4fcd (K39
ParanoidAndroid 3.1
Tilapia 4.2.2. JDQ39 20130225.181615 test-keys
So I look many threads. I have I9000 With 4.2.2 2,5 year of changing ROMs so I can find answers if they are. But now I stuck. I don't want to change ROM. I Like it its veeery usefull. and stable. and batteryfriendly.
But 3G not work for me.
Help :)
PK

You must be putting in incorrect information into your VPN. Talk to your ISP for correct data. This works fine here and most other people.

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

Reactions: aaronpoweruser

wanakamura

Aug 10, 2010
For Gapps, go into goo manager and browse to the PA folder. You will find the latest gapps there.

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

You must be putting in incorrect information into your VPN (Virtual personal Network?). Talk to your ISP for correct data. This works fine here and most other people.

Cheers, FReaKRaNT

Thanks, I I've got it.And try 3different cards from different ISP (T-mobile and Play). I was thinking about reflashing Radio (as I do in I9000 sometimes). But I cannot fid it
Problem sloved. My misstake and all web setups for my apn. Thansk for help everything now is ok

Last edited:

magecca

Aug 2, 2007
SALT LAKE CITY
www.magecca.com
Nightly 2013-02-25

+ SkyDrive works (which means MS Notes works)
+ BT Fix works, WiFi BT music streaming without the stuttering
+ Google Wallet works

The best iteration of this I have experienced so far, wonderful and thank you!

DarkShot666

Dec 16, 2009
On the Feb25th nightly, disabling lockscreen doesn't work.

The lockscreen stays enabled. Can anybody else confirm?

Not a huge issue, just a minor irritant.

Devilman539

Jul 22, 2010
Freehold

Thanks, I I've got it.And try 3different cards from different ISP (T-mobile and Play). I was thinking about reflashing Radio (as I do in I9000 sometimes). But I cannot fid it
Problem sloved. My misstake and all web setups for my apn. Thansk for help everything now is ok

Tried the latest gapps on a clean install. Still experiencing a force closing browser and lag in the keyboard.

wolfdingo

Apr 27, 2011

Guys, who has troubles with bluetooth?
It turns on, see devices, but I cannot send files. To nobody.

At stock and previously at paranoid worked good

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Satano666

Feb 22, 2012
does this work on my HTC sensation? :D or is there a release for the pyramid? i found nothing with the search-function.

aaronpoweruser

Jul 19, 2007
earth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SS%2BCheck.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET (If coming from another rom or stock)
    3. INSTALL ROM
    4. INSTALL GAPPS
    4. REBOOT
    5. CUSTOM KERNELS (You need to flash STOCK one first)

PA 4+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET.

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,

Development:
    Change Logs
    XDA Forum
    Github
    Gerrit

Social:
    Google+
    Twitter
    Facebook

MAKE A DONATION

Ok I finaally found the bug the build on goo is good to go. For those of you that care it was this commit from almost a month ago https://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/android_vendor_pa/commit/f175f9edb7d25f11281c4be87961473fc5b1fcc0 i checkout out the gnex repos to do some testing last week, and it end up overwriting the broacom lib library, and due to the way i have my repos set up(dependent on grouper folder) compared to the muppets some libs got copied over some didnt. Sorry it took so long to find. I didnt realize what was happening as our repos didnt change
    For flashing in recovery

Flashable zip. Enqueue it after rom, of course :)
    just pushed a new build with rotation fixed