[Q] [Question] Root, Unlock, & S-Off

Search This thread

blkhrt13

Jul 25, 2013
Anderson
Hi, guys, I just got the Verizon HTC One today and it came out of box with Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 build no. 3.11.605.1 CL304035 release-keys. I have read through the Android Development forum and Original Android Development forum and I didn't find any tools specific to the 4.4.2 build. Can any of you point me in the right direction? Or is the bootloader and S-Off method still in the works? Please don't tell me that this is going to be like the Samsung devices and locked down forever! Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
As of right now, there is no s-off, bootloader unlock, or root for 4.4.2. But im sure there will be eventually. As i understand it, firewaters exploit was not patched, but the needed temp root method was.

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Hi, guys, I just got the Verizon HTC One today and it came out of box with Android 4.4.2 and Sense 5.5 build no. 3.11.605.1 CL304035 release-keys. I have read through the Android Development forum and Original Android Development forum and I didn't find any tools specific to the 4.4.2 build. Can any of you point me in the right direction? Or is the bootloader and S-Off method still in the works? Please don't tell me that this is going to be like the Samsung devices and locked down forever! Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

If you got the device from a retail store just go back and try to get a replacement. There's a good bet most of them are not on 4.4

blkhrt13

Jul 25, 2013
Anderson
Gotcha(directed to both of you) I'm sure there'll be a method soon, if nothing else moonshine, rumrunner, etc. Will probably just be updated as I figure. I used to have the Droid DNA which is an awesome phone and I used moonshine and loved it. I love those one click programs that does everything for you! I just thought I'd ask because I read through the forums first and didn't see anything and I just wanted to make sure I didn't over look anything. Thank you guys, I appreciate it.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Yeah August is a long way off and sure we will have another update by then which most will take making his exploit useless.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
For the most part, beaups was silent before he cracked 4.3 right?

And they can't patch an exploit if they don't know what it is right?

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

blkhrt13

Jul 25, 2013
Anderson
I wish kingo was compatible. I mean I would like to have soff, custom recovery and an unlocked boot loader for custom ROMs but with how smooth and fast the 4.4.2 software is, I would be perfectly fine with just root.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts