Testing the anker 6200mah and Hyperion 6200mah

Search This thread

odrecords

May 6, 2009
Chandler, AZ
First of all... Sorry to ask this here.
But had anyone tried this generic battery?

Generic 7600mAH Battery

It says its not for Tmo... but I would still buy it just to test...
Or should I steer clear away and just use either an Anker or Hyperion (Mugen is out of my budget for a battery)?

The hyperion is cheaper than this on Amazon, so might as well go that way.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Double0EK

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
The hyperion is cheaper than this on Amazon, so might as well go that way.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I know. The Anker is cheaper than the Hyperion too. Ive used Anker with my last phone..I havent heard of Hypeeion till I got this phone... just wondering how it holds up compared to each other.

Greatbape

Jul 2, 2010
I'm getting between 10 to 12 hours of screentime with qcell 6200. I sit at 100% for around 4 hours. This is with normal usage.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361484827150.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361484827150.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 323
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361484851298.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361484851298.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 325
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361484866820.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361484866820.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 327

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
I am interested to find a single piece of disrespect in my posts. What I did was point out that using your opinion that's not based on a single shred of evidence was complete hot garbage. How many wakelocks or partial wakelocks did you have during your first 10% of battery drain? Did you try draining your battery properly, per Hyperion's instructions, and then spending the 12+ hours to recharge to full? Did you do this five times, per their instructions? I am willing to bet no.
I literally have to use an ac wall adapter to let my spare hyperion charge to full, as it takes WAY to long to recharge from 2-5% charge. That said, I am getting near 14 hours of screen time and 2 days 23 hours between recharges. I am using a monoprice 24awg usb cable coupled with the HP Touchpad ac adapter, and it still takes forever... but this is about the cleanest power to the phone.
Now, regarding the Badass Battery Monitor, or GSam... That's basically a pretty version of the stock app. Again, I gave you the tools, why go free when you own a $700 phone?
Since you have twice said "you're done" and you're deleting your account, I assume that you won't see this. Then again, you will. And here's a hint... while you're up in "Chi"... sprint has horrible coverage there. Your phone is crushing it's modem trying to amp it's signal in order to get data(Data, not voice, data). Next time you are giving your opinions, set your phone to airplane mode and turn off background data...and truly test it. No lte with music streaming, no pulling it off the charger before it's fully charged. I know this is hard for your "Chi" values to grasp, but statistics can really embolden your remarks. Throwing the female and "chi" card... on top of whatever you are trying to do in your avatar, really adds to your credibility.
And I, too, am done... with craptastic opinions that aren't based on a single shred of fact. You've been complaining about poor battery life on XDA since mid Dec. Try listening to users advice instead of just throwing money at your phone. How can I get almost THREE DAYS of use (10-14 hours of screen time) on a hyperion battery... and you can't break two days? I could care less about the first 5 to 10%, it's the length between charges that's important. You had these problems with the stock 3100mAh as well, doesn't that tell you something? Are you still using a non stock rom? There are tons of variables... a lot more than "ohh, piece of candy" every time you see a new battery.

I've been here waaaaay longer than you and I must say I never felt the need to tell someone to get over themselves. If you don't like the thread move on. The post above is childish and immature. Your attack on the Avatar and your inappropriate "Chi values" reference is really making you look like an idiot. If you are an adult, you should know better.

Anyone here knows that if you turn your phone to airplane mode (thus consuming less power due to signal search), you will get more battery life. But me, and I'm sure other members, are concerned with real world usage. How it works when you can't spend 12 hours charging sometimes or how it does with real life signal issues.

Metrics are relative. I can spend hours coming up with baselines that will mean nothing in comparison to real use. Contribute something to the thread or refrain from commenting. I hope you realize this is not an insult or me trying to disrespect, it's trying to get you to reevaluate and remember why you are posting on this thread.

MOVING on, I' m thinking about getting an extended battery. After looking at the posts it seems there is still debate on what provides the best value. Is it safe to say that I would get respectable battery life from the Hyperion model? Even if Anker does give more battery life, I'm looking at price to battery life comparison. Hyperion price is hard to beat.

Last edited:

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
MOVING on, I' m thinking about getting an extended battery. After looking at the posts it seems there is still debate on what provides the best value. Is it safe to say that I would get respectable battery life from the Hyperion model? Even if Anker does give more battery life, I'm looking at price to battery life comparison. Hyperion price is hard to beat.

On amazon the Anker 6200mah battery is $15.99 usd

Reactions: h3ck

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
I keep confusing Anker and Mugen ($104). Been looking at Anker due to the full back plate. Also, been wondering if I should invest in one of the 3M NFC stickers that you can apply to the back plate but that would probably require the hyperion half back plate.

Sent from my Note II

Last edited:

Bstrong9211

Jun 10, 2012
I've had one problem and that's with three door rather than the battery. My plastic teeth have worn down. Does anyone know of a tpu or similar case that would fit over the battery door

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Ghost_1

Oct 8, 2007
I keep confusing Anker and Mugen ($104). Been looking at Anker due to the full back plate. Also, been wondering if I should invest in one of the 3M NFC stickers that you can apply to the back plate but that would probably require the hyperion half back plate.

Sent from my Note II

The Anker comes with NFC on the door. I'm not sure if it's my phone or not but nothing but the OEM NFC stickers work. I just scotch taped my OEM one to the phone and use the Anker battery. Price wise I paid the same amount as my buddy who has the Hyperion battery. I just didn't like the way his looked so I went with the Anker.

IMHO the two batteries are identical minus the markings. I haven't really seen the need to push my phone but with my normal usage I'm getting about 6-7 hours for the first 10% and go roughly 12 hours and have only used 30+% of the battery. I'm sure the readings are off but who cares I don't have to charge my battery at work and I go out afterwards and still come home with over 30% battery life left. I've never been a fan of using extended batteries but after using the HTC Amaze 4G I think otherwise now. lol

Here are some pics to show my setup which works great. MIME SP, ZOMGO gunmetal bumper, Anker battery, Gunmetal Carbon Fiber Look 3M Vinyl, Spiegen home button.
Sorry for the huge pictures... :(
topside_zpsb0c90b1a.jpg

volumesidw_zps384d975e.jpg

Powerside_zps9fe4e03d.jpg

Front_zps0890786c.jpg

frontover_zpsa6c3886f.jpg

Bottomside_zps5cf21f5a.jpg

back_zps14fdc540.jpg

Last edited:

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The problem you run into with aftermarket batteries and testing them is that there is no way to really measure anything useful about them while in a phone. You can say you think it lasts longer, but that's about it. There are way too many variables to know anything for sure. Unless the phone has a real discharge current sensor, and I've never seen one that does.

If you want to really know about it, search a little and you'll find a couple threads from me about it for other phones, and at least one of mine links back to another that I based some of my work on.

Short version is, aftermarket battery manufacturers LIE ABOUT CAPACITY. And they do it because you can't tell unless you test the battery outside the phone. And they get away with it because few people have the desire to test for themselves, or the gear to do it. If you use a test jig, you can verify this. The stock, OEM batteries I have tested have always been ABOVE the rating on the sticker. That's the control for the test. And every aftermarket I've tested has been significantly lower then advertised. Even the expensive models. Perhaps the Note2 batteries are better, but I doubt it.

If you have a battery you don't mind being without for a while, PM me. Ship it to me, I'll run 4 full cycle tests on it, publicly report on it, and pay for the shipping back to you. Or read my threads and set up your own testing. It's easy to do, and costs less than a couple of these batteries from Amazon.

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
I think I may have seen your work in the past. Good stuff. After market batteries definitely are notorious for over rating their batteries. I'm just hoping for a few more hours to get my $16 worth. :)

Sent from my Note II

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I think I may have seen your work in the past. Good stuff. After market batteries definitely are notorious for over rating their batteries. I'm just hoping for a few more hours to get my $16 worth. :)

Sent from my Note II

And as long as you know that, you probably will. Unless you get a real crap battery. The Hyperion I tested wasn't over rated by a ton, and was certainly worth the $15 I paid for it. If I paid $100 and didn't get full rated capacity, at a current level you would likely see in the intended device, I'd be pissed. One reason I don't buy a Mugen etc., I'm quite sure I wouldn't. Maybe I'll use the 50% coupons and make myself another franken-battery though. That was fun on the gnex. And will be easier on the Note2 as it doesn't have the NFC antenna on the battery.

franken-battery: Solder 2 stock OEM cells together for a true 2x battery. :D

h3ck

Oct 7, 2007
Otizzle
And as long as you know that, you probably will. Unless you get a real crap battery. The Hyperion I tested wasn't over rated by a ton, and was certainly worth the $15 I paid for it. If I paid $100 and didn't get full rated capacity, at a current level you would likely see in the intended device, I'd be pissed. One reason I don't buy a Mugen etc., I'm quite sure I wouldn't. Maybe I'll use the 50% coupons and make myself another franken-battery though. That was fun on the gnex. And will be easier on the Note2 as it doesn't have the NFC antenna on the battery.

franken-battery: Solder 2 stock OEM cells together for a true 2x battery. :D

That's sounds amazing! Nothing better than oem, too bad me and soldering don't mix. :eek:

Sent from my Note II

ttabbal

Jul 1, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
http://www.batteryreview.info/revie...axy-siii-4200mah-extended-battery-b008bviv06/

This website has done tests that are very close to be classified as Scientific tests on batteries for S3 and Note 2

Thanks for the link. That's the sort of thing I like to see. Real testing. Looks like he knows what he's doing. Your link was for an S3 battery, but here's a Note2 he recommends. http://www.batteryreview.info/reviews/ezopower-6200mah-extended-battery-for-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-2/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my 3rd charge on my anker
    Now I have a op in general for this battery with tons of pics throughout its use. It's quite detailed. Please look over in general section for more comparisons. I feel the anker is the best I've tested. I've done the 6500 ebay specials have 3 of those. And one of the 7600 ones and there the same as the 6500 ones.
    sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!
    I charged mine in the phone. It came in at 59%. No troubles at all . Once hit full. Reset battery stats. And went to town.

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!
    I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it! :good:
    Oh ya..thats not that great for 6200 mah battery... I got 24hrs on my stock battery with 10hrs screen time.
    I think the battery is stabilizing now. I've been off the charger for almost 5 hours on lte and streaming music and its still at 90%

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app