SM-N9006 Can't connect to TMobile LTE

Search This thread

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
Hello,
I'm having one hell of a time with this new Note 3 I bought on Craigslist a few days ago, activated with TMobile but it's unable to connect to tmobile LTE. I called TMobile to check the IMEI #, the # matches from the back of the phone with the # in the phone settings.
I called Samsung, they stated that my IMEI belongs to a nokia phone, I was puzzled. When I looked it up on IMEI.info it says it belongs to a Nokia.

The phone seems to be working ok, I just need to connect to LTE bc I use internet quite often and not for facebook. Another thing that is sort of funky is my wife's text still go to my Sprint iPhone for some reason, I have no idea how that's possible. I can't make phone calls on that phone but I'm able to browse on Sprint 3G and receive a few other people's text.

I can only connect to E network, there is no LTE option in any of the Mobile network setting options.
Please help me out, thank you in advance!

Model- SM-N9006
Android 4.3

Socal

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Hello,
I'm having one hell of a time with this new Note 3 I bought on Craigslist a few days ago, activated with TMobile but it's unable to connect to tmobile LTE. I called TMobile to check the IMEI #, the # matches from the back of the phone with the # in the phone settings.
I called Samsung, they stated that my IMEI belongs to a nokia phone, I was puzzled. When I looked it up on IMEI.info it says it belongs to a Nokia.

The phone seems to be working ok, I just need to connect to LTE bc I use internet quite often and not for facebook. Another thing that is sort of funky is my wife's text still go to my Sprint iPhone for some reason, I have no idea how that's possible. I can't make phone calls on that phone but I'm able to browse on Sprint 3G and receive a few other people's text.

I can only connect to E network, there is no LTE option in any of the Mobile network setting options.

Model- SM-N9006
Android 4.3

Socal

Can you get into download mode? read what it says in there or post a screen shot of it if you can, If your IMEI is saying it's a Nokia, it's possible you have either a fake Note that has used an old Recycled IMEI or something weird is going on..

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
Can you get into download mode? read what it says in there or post a screen shot of it if you can, If your IMEI is saying it's a Nokia, it's possible you have either a fake Note that has used an old Recycled IMEI or something weird is going on..

I'm unable to get it into download mode, I've tried it about 5 times, holding volume down and home button then power button but it boots up straight to the usual phone functions. Will rooting help my situation in any way?

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I'm unable to get it into download mode, I've tried it about 5 times, holding volume down and home button then power button but it boots up straight to the usual phone functions. Will rooting help my situation in any way?

Hmm, cannot get into download mode at all? -- what about recovery mode? exact same, but volume down. -- Usually if you cannot get up download/odin mode, that's not a good sign I'm afraid, it is possible you have a Note Clone :(

EDIT:: although saying that, you have an N9006, which is slightly different to the N900/N9005 models, I say it's possible your note may be a clone, don't take that as a 100% assessment

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
EDIT:: although saying that, you have an N9006, which is slightly different to the N900/N9005 models, I say it's possible your note may be a clone, don't take that as a 100% assessment[/QUOTE]

I tried holding volume up + home button + power, I managed to get into some mode. It's upside down on my screen, I can not post image yet, i need 10 posts to be able to post a link.

Select Boot Mode:
[VOLUME_UP to select. VOLUME_DOWN is OK.]
[Recovery Mode]
[Fastboot Mode]
Normal Mode]

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I tried holding volume up + home button + power, I managed to get into some mode. It's upside down on my screen, I can not post image yet, i need 10 posts to be able to post a link.

Select Boot Mode:
[VOLUME_UP to select. VOLUME_DOWN is OK.]
[Recovery Mode]
[Fastboot Mode]
Normal Mode]

Post the link without the http //www

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

go into recovery mode, what does it display?

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
Post the link without the http //www

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

go into recovery mode, what does it display?

i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x479/notcreative1111/photo_zps63986ec6.jpg

I tried selecting all options using the volume down for "ok" but it will not go into any mode, volume down, power, home buttons does nothing while in that screen, only volume up moves the arrow. I'm also trying to hold down the buttons, and other button combos.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x479/notcreative1111/photo_zps63986ec6.jpg

I tried selecting all options using the volume down for "ok" but it will not go into any mode, volume down, power, home buttons does nothing while in that screen, only volume up moves the arrow. I'm also trying to hold down the buttons, and other button combos.

Grab CPU-Z from play store and check the hardware to be 100% certain, but from the looks of that screen, it appears you have a note clone :( (unlelss the N9006 has a different menu as it's a Chinese model, however I am not sure it does) - You may wanna contact the seller and try and get your money back

You can also test by plugging the phone into your PC and loading up KIES3 and it'll verify it, and look @ the SPEN detail. how it performs etc

EDIT: IF samsung are saying its an Nokia IMEI, that isn't a good sign at all :\

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

As for the texts going to the old phone, it must be something to do with the account set up on the iPhone, not had one for a couple of years so not sure how iOS has evolved recently on iPhone

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I gotta head to work, I'll be around in about 30-45mins or so if you need any more help etc.

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
Grab CPU-Z from play store and check the hardware to be 100% certain, but from the looks of that screen, it appears you have a note clone :( (unlelss the N9006 has a different menu as it's a Chinese model, however I am not sure it does) - You may wanna contact the seller and try and get your money back

You can also test by plugging the phone into your PC and loading up KIES3 and it'll verify it, and look @ the SPEN detail. how it performs etc

EDIT: IF samsung are saying its an Nokia IMEI, that isn't a good sign at all :\

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

As for the texts going to the old phone, it must be something to do with the account set up on the iPhone, not had one for a couple of years so not sure how iOS has evolved recently on iPhone

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I gotta head to work, I'll be around in about 30-45mins or so if you need any more help etc.

Thanks for your help, I will download that app later and report back.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hello,

Model- SM-N9006
Android 4.3

Socal

You should read this:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2574886

buell47

Nov 6, 2010
Hannover
I think the same, fake China Note 3?
If not, not all have LTE. Only devices with Snapdragon processor!?
But I'm not sure.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

socallove

Jan 4, 2014
I think the same, fake China Note 3?
If not, not all have LTE. Only devices with Snapdragon processor!?
But I'm not sure.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Screenshot_2014-01-04-18-42-22_zpsaqyephaf.png

Screenshot_2014-01-04-18-42-31_zps9n0anon5.png

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Yeah you got a dud there, should be 3 ram and there's only 966MB listed (1GB) - Get onto the seller asap and get your money back

Screen is reporting wrong resolution also, and your CPU has mediatek's code :-/

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

soundping

Apr 30, 2012
Southern Indiana
Mine is still factory unrooted.

Attachments

• 2014-01-06-02-56-36.jpg
    2014-01-06-02-56-36.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 2014-01-06-03-03-06.jpg
    2014-01-06-03-03-06.jpg