[ROM-5.1.1r18] [Official] [CyanideL][UBER] [09/14/2015][STABLE] [SaberMod/Linaro]

Search This thread

chowland1967

Apr 16, 2014
Auburn
I noticed stweaks is not working on my device. I am unable to select a profile or restore a profile I had backed up.
I choose Extreme Battery in the profiles tab, the number 6 pops up but it doesn't set the profile.

I'm also seeing mega battery drain on my end. It looks like Exchange services may be the culprit. I was down to 88% after
45 minutes on a charged battery. I changed the sync frequency in my email from automatic push to 1 hour so I'll see if that helps.

Other than those two things I'm seeing, I'm loving Lollipop so far. I've been through all the settings tinkering.
I was missing the screen shot option, but I found it in the power+volume down and hold for 2 seconds.
I saw in earlier posts the SD card is still causing some headaches, so no need to mention it again.
I can't speak to the phone call issues. I get maybe one phone call a month. This device is my portable
computer and messaging machine. sure it may be able to make calls, but who wants to talk to others when I can just text them. lol

I may have found a lollipop bug. I generally don't use a lock screen, I set it to none in the security settings.
I changed it from "none" to "pin" and decided to go back to "none", but it's not an option anymore. oh well,
guess I'll use "swipe" :silly:

excellent work on getting all the errors solved on this. with all the tinkering I did, I did not see one system ui error or any
other type of error. I did a clean install and also a clean install of all the apps I use. no TB ;)

Last edited:

razen_kain

Jan 28, 2013
Carthage
I noticed stweaks is not working on my device. I am unable to select a profile or restore a profile I had backed up.
I choose Extreme Battery in the profiles tab, the number 6 pops up but it doesn't set the profile.

I'm also seeing mega battery drain on my end. It looks like Exchange services may be the culprit. I was down to 88% after
45 minutes on a charged battery. I changed the sync frequency in my email from automatic push to 1 hour so I'll see if that helps.

Other than those two things I'm seeing, I'm loving Lollipop so far. I've been through all the settings tinkering.
I was missing the screen shot option, but I found it in the power+volume down and hold for 2 seconds.
I saw in earlier posts the SD card is still causing some headaches, so no need to mention it again.
I can't speak to the phone call issues. I get maybe one phone call a month. This device is my portable
computer and messaging machine. sure it may be able to make calls, but who wants to talk to others when I can just text them. lol

I may have found a lollipop bug. I generally don't use a lock screen, I set it to none in the security settings.
I changed it from "none" to "pin" and decided to go back to "none", but it's not an option anymore. oh well,
guess I'll use "swipe" :silly:

excellent work on getting all the errors solved on this. with all the tinkering I did, I did not see one system ui error or any
other type of error. I did a clean install and also a clean install of all the apps I use. no TB ;)

Stweaks is not supported in the lollipop kernel yet, and may never be. That's going to depend on Rogersb11.

The battery drain has got to expected initially. Google services is completely different on 5.0 and it's going to talking to Google quite a bit at first. Plus it's a complete platform change. That's going to take some settling in time. Be patient with it and give it a few days to calm down ( if it is dd material 4u) and it will get better.

chowland1967

Apr 16, 2014
Auburn
thats what I figured on the battery drain. I will have to restore back to lollipop after xmas and let it settle in. I restored back to my normal DD as I need my phone to last longer than 3 hours during xmas.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Stweaks is not supported in the lollipop kernel yet, and may never be. That's going to depend on Rogersb11.

The battery drain has got to expected initially. Google services is completely different on 5.0 and it's going to talking to Google quite a bit at first. Plus it's a complete platform change. That's going to take some settling in time. Be patient with it and give it a few days to calm down ( if it is dd material 4u) and it will get better.

Actually it's same shift kernel. Stweaks worked when I tested it. Maybe when I upload stand alone kernel it will solve the issue

Tank Weston

Jan 2, 2013
If this is built from Nimrod's L from the S3 then I say it's running pretty smooth considering I have it on both devices right now and can't notice too much difference between the two. Other then the fact that my s3 is a bit more snappier. I can agree though and say battery drain is much more drastic on the s2 over the s3, by about 5-7% more an hour in standby.

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
If this is built from Nimrod's L from the S3 then I say it's running pretty smooth considering I have it on both devices right now and can't notice too much difference between the two. Other then the fact that my s3 is a bit more snappier. I can agree though and say battery drain is much more drastic on the s2 over the s3, by about 5-7% more an hour in standby.

Nimrod is theming and joined up when I asked him and he is also the s3 device maintainer but CyanideL is my source and so is the source that allows this to be built on s2. Not being rude, just pointing that i make 99% of all changes, commits and source merging and i started CyanideL, not @TheGeekyNimrod but he is indeed a part of my team, well the only other member actually lol

Reactions: david72262

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Nimrod is theming and joined up when I asked him and he is also the s3 device maintainer but CyanideL is my source and so is the source that allows this to be built on s2. Not being rude, just pointing that i make 99% of all changes, commits and source merging and i started CyanideL, not @TheGeekyNimrod but he is indeed a part of my team, well the only other member actually lol

Yes, this is @rogersb11 brainchild. Definitely not mine. I don't have that kind of brains. :cyclops:

rogersb11

Nov 18, 2013
Indianapolis
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Yes, this is @rogersb11 brainchild. Definitely not mine. I don't have that kind of brains. :cyclops:

I mean no disrespect, you will be crucial and are integral part of team now and boot animation is fantastic and when things get bigger i will have you maintain some repos as well so my main attention can stay on frameworks and settings. Just sayin. I'm thrilled you joined up, I was just clarifying after my 20+ hours of committing in the last 48 LOL

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
I mean no disrespect, you will be crucial and are integral part of team now and boot animation is fantastic and when things get bigger i will have you maintain some repos as well so my main attention can stay on frameworks and settings. Just sayin. I'm thrilled you joined up, I was just clarifying after my 20+ hours of committing in the last 48 LOL

You're good man. No worries. As I told one other person, I'm kinda along for the awesome ride and stoked to be on the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
Is there a way to make space in /system so that we can install apps? It's very full, I'm assuming because Lollipop is running on ART.

I don't know if the PIT Odin file resizes the system partition or not. Or if you meant the data partition. Since you have root, you can always remove unneeded system files. I remove quite a bit from every ROM I've ever installed. Stuff I know I won't use. Live wallpapers, Email and Exchange since I use Inbox and Gmail, Documents, sound recorder, that kind of stuff.

mojangsta

May 24, 2013
Is there something I'm doing wrong?

With both the new CyanideL and the previous vanilla CM12 builds from this thread, my device always sits at the boot animation, even when left unattended for hours. I start from PhilZ recovery, from the CyanideMod (CM11) ROM I used previously, or I flash the Shift-CM12 kernel from Roger's filehost, both yield the same PhilZ recovery; I do 'Clean to install new ROM', then flash the respective zip (CyanideL), then reboot. I've tried with a stock PIT and a 4GB /data PIT (with /preload); the ROM always sits at the boot animation indefinitely. With the same steps, I can do a clean install of any other sgs2att ROM including CyanideMod (CM11) which always boot to the first-time setup wizard successfully.

omar71693

Mar 6, 2012
Washington, DC
Thegeekynimrods suggestion gets the job done, but why not allow the apps to be installed to /data?

I thought that's where they were being installed, but when installing apps, I was getting that notification of not enough storage space...the one where it shows a disc in your notifications. Thanks for the help though guys. One more question, do you have an idea as to why my clock is messed up? When I set to auto detect the time, it gets it completely wrong.

Last edited:

TheGeekyNimrod

Jun 18, 2013
Virginia
thisisjohnnyt.com
I thought that's where they were being installed, but when installing apps, I was getting that notification of not enough storage space...the one where it shows a disc in your notifications. Thanks for the help though guys. One more question, do you have an idea as to why my clock is messed up? When I set to auto detect the time, it gets it completely wrong.

I think that's a CM issue right now. I've seen that all over the place. Does the same on my S3. Did it with Cyanide, CM12, and Liquid Lollipop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747

pg1980

Oct 4, 2014
New Delhi
Nice work man. Keeping the old i777 alive. Thanks.

Possible problem, maybe just me, can someone confirm:

Outgoing calls connect but there is no sound on either end until I toggle speakerphone then it works normal, have to do it every outgoing call. Incoming calls work fine. Text works fine as well.

Thanks @rogersb11 for providing this really awesome rom.

I'm also getting no sound issue on outgoing calls. I have also lost all my contacts twice after importing them from vcf file. I'm trying to replicate the exact sequence of action.

Hello, this is the best lollipop rom and everything is working except one thing. I am having trouble with my internal storage. In recovery mode i can see all my folders and files of sdcard0/ but when booted up i have access to another sdcard0/. The folders and files are totally different. Thus i cant see my music/images that were on my sdcard0. I kept the rom and gapps file on sdcard0/downloads but i cant see them in sdcard0/downloads folder when booted up. Any way to solve that??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vngvsy.jpg

WELCOME TO CYANIDE L

ROM INFORMATION

Based on CyanogenMod, and packed full of features from the wonderful custom ROM teams we have all come to know and love. This ROM is just getting started and I will update frequently as things progress along into the beast we know this will be.

CyanideL

ROM INSTALLATION

IF COMING FROM ANY OTHER ROM

1) WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
    2) WIPE SYSTEM
    3) Wipe Cache/Dalvik Cache
    4) Flash the ROM and Gapps.
    5) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!
    6) Enjoy

IF UPDATING FROM OLDER VERSION OF CYANIDE

1) Wipe Dalvik, Cache, and System
    2) Flash ROM and Gapps
    3) Reboot and PROFIT!!!!

Screenshots will be located in the 2nd post when I have some time to add them. Enjoy Lollipop guys, it has some real potential!!!

Known bugs: Same as CM

Thank you and enjoy!!

If you like our work, then maybe you would like giving a small donation or buy us a beer. You know you want to lol :victory:

Donate to @rogersb11

Donate to @TheGeekyNimrod

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanideL, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II SGH-I777

Contributors
    rogersb11, TheGeekyNimrod
    Source Code: http://www.github.com/CyanideL

ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2015-04-20

Created 2014-12-02
    Last Updated 2015-05-04
    Closer guys. Internal fully working now PROPERLY but MUST be vfat now. Selinux doesn't support internal ext4 for some reason, only external so it just flat out won't Mount that way. Naturally now I can't get WiFi to turn on tho but once I fix that you should be good to go with EVERYTHING FULLY WORKING. Ton of ROM updates as well with new dark theme that @TheGeekyNimrod has been adding some sweet touches to. Trying to fix WiFi now not if I can't I'll upload later anyway because I gotta get an N2 version out. Want it fixed NOW so I don't have to keep rebuilding for numerous devices just to try and fix stuff. Just wanted to let you guys know SOOO CLOSE
    Well submitted tree to CM so hopefully soon you guys will get official cm-12.1. We'll see what happens. @Lysergic Acid did basically all the work for s2 common so adding the i777 was pretty simple
    Ok guys, no more CM12. Time for you to enjoy an Android Lollipop Daily Driver. Welcome to CyanideL. You see all the new stuff in the ROM. Everything is working now as should be. No more reboots and you can now flash the gapps that I have linked in the OP. Do NOT flash another kernel with this as the kernel is built specific to L and this ROM. It has that fix everyone is always whining about that bug or whatever even tho in the OVER TWO YEARS i had this device I didn't encounter the issue even once, not once lol. Anyway, clean install will be needed but this can now be ran as a daily and not just a test and restore. Sdcard mounts funny but it is currently fully working and all major bugs have been eliminated. Enjoy guys, not even i9100 has anything L with this much in it, bank on it lol. Anywho flash already, what are you just sitting there staring at this for???!!!

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95864024717068816
    welp all merged, hopefully won't be long and you'll be getting nightlies

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andr...mmit/e3b1b3c987f37735a02c5a16c89cc24b8264b963