[APP][SHARE]GLTools:-Chainfire 3D Alternative for 4.1+

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 6870501

It got removed. I tried to find it. It's gone. :(
Android is becoming more like iOS. The reasons for me to continue giving Google more data are shrinking!
My next phone might as well be an iPhone. :eek:
Have you considered just removing Google from your phone and using an alternative app store like F-Droid? That way you're not giving Google any data. iPhones are stuck on proprietary software, leaving potential for backdoors that can never be fixed without apple. Not my cup of tea.

KitsuneFoxy

Dec 14, 2014
Leicester
Google Nexus 4
HTC Desire C
I have the last version (4.01) with magisk support if anyone needs it. I'm running MM 6.0.1 on a OnePlus One and using it as a magisk module to fake as an Nvidia tablet and play half life 2 with my controller. Works really well, too bad to see it come off the play store without any provided alternative...

I'd like a link to it please! Old nexus 4 could use it.

Have you considered just removing Google from your phone and using an alternative app store like F-Droid? That way you're not giving Google any data. iPhones are stuck on proprietary software, leaving potential for backdoors that can never be fixed without apple. Not my cup of tea.

That would be sacrificing a lot. I'm was kind of just blowing smoke, as it's really frustrating that they would remove good apps. Realistically too many apps rely on Google Services. I can't just abandon Google yet, although it might be nice for privacy.

kalamabdul

Dec 7, 2016
Isn't working on android 10 any updates to fix

*********ROOT NEEDED********

GLTools is an application similar to ChainFire 3D which have many extra features than ChainFire 3D.Let's take a look at those features.

FEATURES:
1. 16-bit rendering.
2. Lower rendering resolution.
3. Optimize Shaders.
4. Texture resizing.
5. FPS counter.
6. Fake GPU name.

CREDITS:- @n0n3m4 (app developer)

**THIS IS THE XDA VERSION OF THE APP BY THE DEVELOPER FOR THE XDA COMMUNITY**​

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/?1s751n1quey33or

SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED

TUTORIAL

1. Download & Install the apk from the link mentioned.
2. Tick all the three options(at bottom of screen) and click Install.
3. Grant SU permissions.
4. Phone will reboot automatically(if it doesn't reboot manually).
5. After reboot open GLTools and choose the desired app from the app list.
6. Tick "Enable custom settings for this app" , "Force 16 bit rendering" , "Optimize GLSL shader" and "Use fake GPU info".
7. Click "Use a template" and select GPU of your choice.
8. Launch the app for which you changed the settings and feel the difference.
. M

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *********ROOT NEEDED********

GLTools is an application similar to ChainFire 3D which have many extra features than ChainFire 3D.Let's take a look at those features.

FEATURES:
    1. 16-bit rendering.
    2. Lower rendering resolution.
    3. Optimize Shaders.
    4. Texture resizing.
    5. FPS counter.
    6. Fake GPU name.

CREDITS:- @n0n3m4 (app developer)

**THIS IS THE XDA VERSION OF THE APP BY THE DEVELOPER FOR THE XDA COMMUNITY**​

DOWNLOAD
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1s751n1quey33or

SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED

TUTORIAL

1. Download & Install the apk from the link mentioned.
    2. Tick all the three options(at bottom of screen) and click Install.
    3. Grant SU permissions.
    4. Phone will reboot automatically(if it doesn't reboot manually).
    5. After reboot open GLTools and choose the desired app from the app list.
    6. Tick "Enable custom settings for this app" , "Force 16 bit rendering" , "Optimize GLSL shader" and "Use fake GPU info".
    7. Click "Use a template" and select GPU of your choice.
    8. Launch the app for which you changed the settings and feel the difference.
    Now XDA has an official free version here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2615514
    It's better to unite all the threads of GLTools, but since I visit XDA very rarely, I leave this to the community.
    Where the hell is GLTools in play store? I paid for it,not the first time i pay for a app and then its gone without notice!!
    I have one question...Do you have any problem with me sharing your app??

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't usually care about beta version sharing/piracy, but this beta version doesn't work with plugins (because plugin API was changed, as I've said) and it can brick some Samsung devices. That's not a problem for me, but this version is dangerous and useless. Even a release pirated one is better I think (but piracy shouldn't be posted on xda anyway).
    can i use this for cooper?

btw, why there's no one gives any feedback?