[Q] What happened to samsung-updates.com ?

Search This thread

Simonetti2011

Sep 3, 2010
Belo Horizonte
First of all, to relate the question to the S III, let me just say that samsung-updates.com is where I get info on ROM releases to all samsung android devices, specially the GT-I9300 and GT-I9100.

Anyhow, does anybody know what's going on with them? Their site is returning a HTTP code 500 (internal server error) and they've been offline for several days now.

Yesterday (Sep. 12th) they were online for a few hours, and mentioned that they've been targets of hacking attacks. They wrote they were working with their hosting provider to find out what was going on, only to be back offline a few hours later.

So, does anybody have any "insider's info" on the matter?

If it is indeed hackers who are bringing their site down, my conspiracy theory point in 3 directions:

a) CrApple and their fanboys, green with envy that they can't update their firmware as freely as we can, so they hire people who actually know a bit about computers to bring down samsung-updates.com

b) Samsung itself, because they are getting way too many warranty returns due to dumb noobs who flash a ROM on their phones and end up bricking it.

c) LG, Motorola and HTC fanboys, for the same reasons in (a), but they do it themselves. Their envy is because they don't get firmware updates in the same pace we do.

V

void.pointer

I'd like to know this too. I need to download a stock ROM for my i747 but I can't with this site down, I don't know where else to get it :(

Simonetti2011

Sep 3, 2010
Belo Horizonte

Because samsung-updates.com is a lot better, simpler, more straightforward than samfirmware.com

Besides, samsung-updates.com's table format is a lot easier to use than samfirmware.com.

Anyhow, the site samsung-updates.com to be ok now. It's been online for 4 days in a row and that's nice. I hope they have solved all their problems, because they do a very useful job for us.

What isn't nice is that there has been absolutely nothing new for the GS3 for several days now. Samsung spoiled us, by releasing update after update several times a week, and now I am hooked on updating my Gaalxy S III (and my S II, for that matter). Too bad the JB launch date is still a few weeks away, because I could really use a fix right now (pun intended!)

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Down again for the past few weeks in December 2019... hmmm...
Ha-ha-ha looks like I'm the only one concerned about this site.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts