[APP][v3.0_Alpha-9] Nandroid Manager

Search This thread

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
This app is no longer in active development!

So what is Nandroid Manager? Well it's an app that allows you to view, explore, and edit your nandroid backups!

Current features:
* Support for TWRP, Clockworkmod, and OrangeFox backups.
* Support for compressed backup files.
* Delete and rename backups.
* Verify MD5 of backups.
* Extract files from backup files.
* Restore SMS data from nandroid backup.
* Restore Wifi data from nandroid backup.
* Restore Bluetooth data from nandroid backup.
* Restore call logs.
* Restore apps+data from nandroid backup. (WIP)
* Restore user word dictionary.
* Explore contents of backup files with support for the following backup file types:
- yaffs2.img (Don't have device that can make this kind of backup if someone with this backup type wants to help)​
- tar​
- ext4.win​
- ext3.win​
- ext2.win​
- .yaffs2.win​
- .dup​
** If you don't see your format here please let me know!​
* Browse saved WiFi access points in nandroid backup.
* Browse call logs save in nandroid backup.
* Browse sms messages saved in nandroid backup
* Reboot options.
* Tools:
- ADB Over WiFi​
** More to come! Let me know what tools you would like to see included!
* Explore backups made using adb backup. (Still a work in progress)

This version is currently in alpha so expect many bugs and many features to not work. At this time this app partially works on android 11 and 12! Full Support for android 11 and 12 will be added in a future build.

Important info about restoring sms data:
There is a settings in the default Messaging app that deletes older messages from conversations which have more than 200 messages. When restoring1000s of messages this setting can cause a lot of problems because it keeps trying to delete messages when you try to open the conversation. If you are restoring lots of messages, then disable this setting by opening the Preferences of the Messaging app.

On some devices it can take a long time to index the new message data. If you get a blank screen or if the phone asks you to “Force Close” or “Wait” when opening the messaging app just press “Wait” and leave the Messaging app running for a while. It will eventually finish and the app will become usable again.

Change Log
Code:
v3.0_Alpha-9
* Fixed bug where file cache would not be deleted when no longer viewing a MMS thread.
* Fixed FC when trying to open an unknown nandroid backup file type.
* Improved progress dialog for restore.
* Fixed various UI bugs.
* Apps+Data can now be restored from a nandroid backup. (System apps+data cannot be restored yet)

v3.0_Alpha-8
* Amount of free space is now shown in the navigation drawer.
* Clicking free space opens default file browser. (May be improved by having my own file browser in future build)
* Files in MMS messages can now be opened or saved!

v3.0_Alpha-7
* Fixed bug when selecting a contact to send SMS message would result in FC.
* You can now select which call logs to restore.
* Added settings for keeping screen on.
* Reduced memory usage when browsing a nandroid backup
* Various improvements to browsing SMS and MMS messages.

v3.0_Alpha-6
* Contact can now be selected when re-sending SMS message.
* Your own SMS messages can now be re-sent.
* dedupe formatted backups are not properly deleted.
* Change log is now shown after updating the app.
* Added setting for showing change log preference
* QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission add to find default SMS provider on android 11.
* Added needed permissions and need code to be able to restore SMS on android 10+.
* Added option under tools to suggest a new tool to add.
* All SMS messages can now be restored.

v3.0_Alpha-5
* Fixed various visual problems with the UI.
* WiFi password can now be copied when viewing wifi access points in nandroid backup.
* Added more options to toolbar when viewing a SMS thread.
* Message body from SMS messages in nandroid backup can now be copied. (Long click message for the option)
* SMS message in nandroid backup can now be resent (With help from your default SMS messenger). (Long click message for the option)
* Fixed deleting nandroid backup not working.
* Added popup options menu when clicking on person icon in a MMS thread.
* Added popup options menu when long clicking on a message in a MMS thread.
* Added indicator for images in MMS message when browsing MMS thread. (View / extract coming soon)

v3.0_Alpha-4
* When searching a SMS thread, the search term is now highlighted.
* MMS messages in nandroid backup can now be browsed. (Still a work in progress)
* Fixed bug where some android 10 users would not be able to find nandroid backups.
* Added more options when clicking on a call log entry:
    • Copy Phone #
    • Restore Call Log Entry
    • Extra Info
* Call logs can now be restored.

v3.0_Alpha-3
* Call Logs in nandroid backup can now be browsed.
* Fixed bug where extracting data for browse would incorrectly name file causing a FC.
* SMS message in nandroid backup can now be browsed.

v3.0_Alpha-2
* Added about section.
* Added progress bar when opening some nandroid backup files to browse contents.
* Fixed Nandroid Backups not being found on android 11.
* Fixed Nandroid backup name not showing when exploring backup.
* Added File Properties dialog for files in Nandroid backup.
* Opening Nandroid backup for browsing can now be canceled.
* Added progress for opening an ADB Backup.
* Opening an ADB Backup can now be canceled.

Version 3.0_Alpha-1
* Initial alpha release of complete code rewrite of app.

Screenshots:

device-2021-10-05-133756.png
device-2021-10-05-134151.png

device-2021-10-05-134354.png
device-2021-10-05-134504.png

device-2021-10-05-134604.png

I take no responsibility for loss of data or damage that may occur when using this app. Please read the instructions and information in the app very carefully before performing any operation!

Play Store Download:

Nandroid Manager * ROOT
Nandroid Manager Pro

Please note that any previous version of Nandroid Manager lower then v3.0_alpha-1 must be uninstalled before installing this new version!

Attachments

• nandroid_manager_v3.0_alpha-9.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 2,462
Last edited:

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
I have updated the app! Download link in first post.

Whats new:
Alpha 3
* UI changes
* Added ability to restore apps + data from nandroid backup. Right now only apps in Data can be restored. Support for system apps will come soon.

Since this software is still in alpha the restore process for some app data is not perfect. If the app will not open after you restore it try clearing the app cache and if that does not work clear the app data. These issues will be fixed in next version.

ToDo:
* Improve restore.
* Allow user to select either App, App+data, or just data to restore.
* Add caching so user wont have to reparse data in backups

Screenshots:
B41u8.png
SRzOi.png

H3R3T1C

Mar 8, 2012
The app has been updated! Link in first post!

Alpha 4
* Added options to select app+data, just app, or just data when using "Retore App+Data".
* When app is run for the first time the recovery folders are automatically found. If none is found then the user is prompted to input the folder location.
* App now tries to detect installed recovery.
* Added option to reboot into recovery from app.

Planned new Features:
* Flash new recovery such as CWM or TWRP.
* Go direclty to recovery and restore backups for users who have TWRP 2.1 or higher installed.
* Select what user wants to backup and go directly to recovery and preform backup for users who have TWRP 2.1 or higher installed.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app is no longer in active development!

So what is Nandroid Manager? Well it's an app that allows you to view, explore, and edit your nandroid backups!

Current features:
    * Support for TWRP, Clockworkmod, and OrangeFox backups.
    * Support for compressed backup files.
    * Delete and rename backups.
    * Verify MD5 of backups.
    * Extract files from backup files.
    * Restore SMS data from nandroid backup.
    * Restore Wifi data from nandroid backup.
    * Restore Bluetooth data from nandroid backup.
    * Restore call logs.
    * Restore apps+data from nandroid backup. (WIP)
    * Restore user word dictionary.
    * Explore contents of backup files with support for the following backup file types:
    - yaffs2.img (Don't have device that can make this kind of backup if someone with this backup type wants to help)​
    - tar​
    - ext4.win​
    - ext3.win​
    - ext2.win​
    - .yaffs2.win​
    - .dup​
    ** If you don't see your format here please let me know!​
    * Browse saved WiFi access points in nandroid backup.
    * Browse call logs save in nandroid backup.
    * Browse sms messages saved in nandroid backup
    * Reboot options.
    * Tools:
    - ADB Over WiFi​
    ** More to come! Let me know what tools you would like to see included!
    * Explore backups made using adb backup. (Still a work in progress)

This version is currently in alpha so expect many bugs and many features to not work. At this time this app partially works on android 11 and 12! Full Support for android 11 and 12 will be added in a future build.

Important info about restoring sms data:
    There is a settings in the default Messaging app that deletes older messages from conversations which have more than 200 messages. When restoring1000s of messages this setting can cause a lot of problems because it keeps trying to delete messages when you try to open the conversation. If you are restoring lots of messages, then disable this setting by opening the Preferences of the Messaging app.

On some devices it can take a long time to index the new message data. If you get a blank screen or if the phone asks you to “Force Close” or “Wait” when opening the messaging app just press “Wait” and leave the Messaging app running for a while. It will eventually finish and the app will become usable again.

Change Log
    Code:
    v3.0_Alpha-9
    * Fixed bug where file cache would not be deleted when no longer viewing a MMS thread.
    * Fixed FC when trying to open an unknown nandroid backup file type.
    * Improved progress dialog for restore.
    * Fixed various UI bugs.
    * Apps+Data can now be restored from a nandroid backup. (System apps+data cannot be restored yet)

v3.0_Alpha-8
    * Amount of free space is now shown in the navigation drawer.
    * Clicking free space opens default file browser. (May be improved by having my own file browser in future build)
    * Files in MMS messages can now be opened or saved!

v3.0_Alpha-7
    * Fixed bug when selecting a contact to send SMS message would result in FC.
    * You can now select which call logs to restore.
    * Added settings for keeping screen on.
    * Reduced memory usage when browsing a nandroid backup
    * Various improvements to browsing SMS and MMS messages.

v3.0_Alpha-6
    * Contact can now be selected when re-sending SMS message.
    * Your own SMS messages can now be re-sent.
    * dedupe formatted backups are not properly deleted.
    * Change log is now shown after updating the app.
    * Added setting for showing change log preference
    * QUERY_ALL_PACKAGES permission add to find default SMS provider on android 11.
    * Added needed permissions and need code to be able to restore SMS on android 10+.
    * Added option under tools to suggest a new tool to add.
    * All SMS messages can now be restored.

v3.0_Alpha-5
    * Fixed various visual problems with the UI.
    * WiFi password can now be copied when viewing wifi access points in nandroid backup.
    * Added more options to toolbar when viewing a SMS thread.
    * Message body from SMS messages in nandroid backup can now be copied. (Long click message for the option)
    * SMS message in nandroid backup can now be resent (With help from your default SMS messenger). (Long click message for the option)
    * Fixed deleting nandroid backup not working.
    * Added popup options menu when clicking on person icon in a MMS thread.
    * Added popup options menu when long clicking on a message in a MMS thread.
    * Added indicator for images in MMS message when browsing MMS thread. (View / extract coming soon)

v3.0_Alpha-4
    * When searching a SMS thread, the search term is now highlighted.
    * MMS messages in nandroid backup can now be browsed. (Still a work in progress)
    * Fixed bug where some android 10 users would not be able to find nandroid backups.
    * Added more options when clicking on a call log entry:
        • Copy Phone #
        • Restore Call Log Entry
        • Extra Info
    * Call logs can now be restored.

v3.0_Alpha-3
    * Call Logs in nandroid backup can now be browsed.
    * Fixed bug where extracting data for browse would incorrectly name file causing a FC.
    * SMS message in nandroid backup can now be browsed.

v3.0_Alpha-2
    * Added about section.
    * Added progress bar when opening some nandroid backup files to browse contents.
    * Fixed Nandroid Backups not being found on android 11.
    * Fixed Nandroid backup name not showing when exploring backup.
    * Added File Properties dialog for files in Nandroid backup.
    * Opening Nandroid backup for browsing can now be canceled.
    * Added progress for opening an ADB Backup.
    * Opening an ADB Backup can now be canceled.

Version 3.0_Alpha-1
    * Initial alpha release of complete code rewrite of app.

Screenshots:

device-2021-10-05-133756.png
    device-2021-10-05-134151.png

device-2021-10-05-134354.png
    device-2021-10-05-134504.png

device-2021-10-05-134604.png

I take no responsibility for loss of data or damage that may occur when using this app. Please read the instructions and information in the app very carefully before performing any operation!

Play Store Download:

Nandroid Manager * ROOT
    Nandroid Manager Pro

Please note that any previous version of Nandroid Manager lower then v3.0_alpha-1 must be uninstalled before installing this new version!
    I have updated the app! Download link in first post.

Whats new:
    Alpha 3
    * UI changes
    * Added ability to restore apps + data from nandroid backup. Right now only apps in Data can be restored. Support for system apps will come soon.

Since this software is still in alpha the restore process for some app data is not perfect. If the app will not open after you restore it try clearing the app cache and if that does not work clear the app data. These issues will be fixed in next version.

ToDo:
    * Improve restore.
    * Allow user to select either App, App+data, or just data to restore.
    * Add caching so user wont have to reparse data in backups

Screenshots:
    B41u8.png
    SRzOi.png
    So I thought I would share my thoughts and plans for the future of Nandroid Manager with you guys.

When I started out coding Nandroid Manager my original goal was to create a app that would make it very easy to manage nandroid backups created with my other app Online Nandroid Backup (ONB) and backups created in recovery but with every major update to the app the functionality has extended past just managing nandroid backups. At the time of this post the app is not only able to manage nandroid backups but its able to restore data from nandroid backups, flash new recoveries, explore the contents of a nandroid backup, and many other things. I would like to continue this pattern of adding new features that extend the functionality of the app past its original intended purpose. My ultimate goal is to make Nandroid Manager the ultimate backup and restore app out there! I plan on doing this by adding the following features and fixing the following issues.

Current Issues:

The first major issues with the app that needs to be fixed is the flash zips via recovery and Restore nandroid backup features. Both of these features suffer from the same bug. I think I know how to fix the problem but I'm not sure if the fix will work on all devices so be on the lookout for the beta version of the app that has the possible fix for this problem in the G+ Nandroid Manager Community.

The second major issue with the app is it still has some problems auto detecting users CWM and TWRP folders if they are in the normal path that they are expected to be in. I plan on spending a lot of time improving the detection of CWM and TWRP folders.

Planned Nandroid Manager Features:

* Restore of Home Screen From Nandroid Backup: I have been working on this feature on and off for quite some time and I'm about 80% done with it. I'm still playing around with some ways on how to restore widgets and live wallpaper but I think I've found a way to make it work on most devices. I expect this feature to be ready for a beta test very soon.

* Export Data From Nandroid Backup: With this feature I would like to make it easy to transfer important data from one device to another without having to transfer the entire nandroid backup. Some of the things I would like to be able to export are apps+data, bluetooth data, sms messages, WIFI access points, and call logs.

* ASEC to APK: A tool that I would like to include in Nandroid Manager is a tool that lets you convert your ASEC files to APKs. I'll have more info about this included tool once I get closer to releasing a beta version of the app with it.

* Backup and restore functionality like Titanium backup: To reach my goal of making nandroid manager the ultimate backup and restore app I plan on adding the ability to backup/restore apps+data, wifi access points, home screen, etc. without making a nandroid backup just like Titanium backup does. I also plan to support restoring of data backed up by Titanium backup so when users decide to switch from Titanium to Nandroid Manager for all their backup and restore needs they can still use their titanium backup data.

* Possible cloud support: I would possibly like to add cloud support for uses to be able to upload their backup data to popular cloud services like Dropbox and Google Drive. This is not a forsure feature but I'm strongly considering adding this feature.

* Support for encrypted TWRP backups: The release of TWRP 2.6 added a new feature that allows you to encrypt your nandroid backups. Since I want to be able to support TWRP format backups as best as possible I will be adding support for encrypted backups in the future.

If any of you have any comments or questions about what I have planned for nandroid manager or a feature request that I did not mention I would love to hear them.
    Hey guys been very busy working on the new beta release of the app so I wanted to share with you all what have done so for and what to expect in upcoming beta!

Here's what's done for so far:

Version 2.0_beta_1:
    * Lots of UI improvements.
    * Added caching to Explore Backup.
    * Improved flash recovery. App will not let user know if recovery image is flashable by the app.
    * Multi-volume TWRP (.win00x files) are now displayed and handled as a single file.
    * Fixed bug that caused some files not to be extracted from nandroid backup.
    * Cache for Restore Apps+Data is now persistent between roms and new app installs.

Currently working on:
    * Fixing problems with Restore Apps+Data.

Once I am done with fixing Restore Apps+Data I will release the new beta. After that beta is released I will start work on fixing restore sms on KitKat roms.
    A lot of people have been asking for Nandroid Manager to be updated so over the past few months I have been working on an update for the app. A lot of the old code was not very good so I am rebuilding the app from the ground up!
    More info to follow soon but for now here are a few screenshots from the alpha build of version 3.0!

device-2021-03-23-160424.png
    device-2021-03-23-160518.png
    device-2021-03-23-160609.png
    device-2021-03-23-161245.png