[Q] Downgrade T999V Baseband

Search This thread

Nightstalker1993

Jan 28, 2011
You can't downgrade once you've installed 4.3 because of new bootloader and knox that was installed with it, I have been to heaven and hell to downgrade mine because i was having big problems with T999VVLUEMK5 but after hardbricking mine trying to do so, i de-hardbricked it with a debrick image 4.3 created by a xda member here, i successfully installed the new T999VVLUEML2 and now phone works perfectly. So people who say it is easy to downgrade from the locked 4.3 bootloader must be very good cause i sent mine to repair shop and they said it was impossible at the time(mid december 2013).
My two cents

Seems like I have no choice but to pay for the unlock. So with 4.3 and the new bootloader which includes the KNOX protection, downgrading is pretty much a ***** eh. So in the end how did you managed to downgrade it? If you did in the end that is...

I believe he's trying to downgrade the Baseband AKA Modem. I don't think he wants to downgrade the Bootloader. Unfortunately both are identically named so easy to confuse.

I'm guessing the 4.3 official OTA update updates the bootloader and firmware as well and the new bootloader doesn't support basebands from earlier builds? Not too sure, making a random guess here.

marty136

Dec 30, 2013
That is what i think exactly. By the way i did not succeed in downgrading it, i was simply lucky that samsung released a small update for the s3 during the long time that i worked on this problem and now it runs perfect with new version. Someone on another forum suggested to just go with a custom rom and it would be fine, beleive me i tried, failing at every attempt i don't thing some people understand the reel ramifications of this new bootloader that won't let you do what you want anymore. This is the new more ''secure'' android that samsung concocted for us small people.:silly:

Nightstalker1993

Jan 28, 2011
Yes that seems to be the case. I thought it was unlikely but your experience says otherwise.

That is what i think exactly. By the way i did not succeed in downgrading it, i was simply lucky that samsung released a small update for the s3 during the long time that i worked on this problem and now it runs perfect with new version. Someone on another forum suggested to just go with a custom rom and it would be fine, beleive me i tried, failing at every attempt i don't thing some people understand the reel ramifications of this new bootloader that won't let you do what you want anymore. This is the new more ''secure'' android that samsung concocted for us small people.:silly:

So looks like I can't downgrade just the baseband itself from 4.3 and also downgrading the whole firmware to something other than a 4.3 is hopeless as well eh due to the new bootloader even if it's a custom rom? If custom roms will work then I don't mind flashing a custom rom as well, but reading Marty's experience kinda makes me scared in downgrading.... :crying:

Perseus

Retired Senior Moderator / Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2011
Atlantis
Oh Custom AOSP Roms will work just fine. Custom Kernels as well.

Take care and read if using Modified Touchwiz Roms.