Install extracted android apk into another android device

Search This thread

ramsharan

Oct 7, 2013
Hi guys,
I have extracted a apk android file from not rooted android device.
When I try to install that apk in another similiar android device,install fails,
Any idea how I can install this apk in android.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
It depends on the .apk and the device and how you are going about installing it. Can you please give more details about the two devices, the app, method of installation and error

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ramsharan

Oct 7, 2013
The 2 device are android tv box amlogic mx 8726 dual core,
Installing just using file browser and apk installer.
I get failed to install,someone mentioned that the apk could be encrypted hence can't install.
Is there any other way of installing the apk in my android tv box .

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
What is the app? Does it depend on framework from the other device to run, can an android box natively even run all apps or aren't they limited?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

pocthird

Jun 4, 2013
bejaia
you should give us more info , like the name of the app ...

are you sure the app was stored entirely in the internal phone storage ? , maybe it has some data in the sd card , check the available memory in the phone in which you are trying to install the app , does the two phones have the same android version ? (same phones doesn't mean same version) , and how did you EXTRACT the apk , using a software ? or you did it your self ,

Last edited:

ramsharan

Oct 7, 2013
are you sure the app was stored entirely in the internal phone storage ? , maybe it has some data in the sd card , check the available memory in the phone in which you are trying to install the app , does the two phones have the same android version ? (same phones doesn't mean same version) , and how did you EXTRACT the apk , using a software ? or you did it your self ,

The 2 android box has same android version .storage is not a problem.
The app is a private apk ,not available in playstore or any website.
I extracted apk using apk extractor app in the device with the app.
Can the developer if the app put restriction in the apk so that it can't be extracted and install on another same device.

pocthird

Jun 4, 2013
bejaia
The 2 android box has same android version .storage is not a problem.
The app is a private apk ,not available in playstore or any website.
I extracted apk using apk extractor app in the device with the app.
Can the developer if the app put restriction in the apk so that it can't be extracted and install on another same device.

i think if the dev wanted the app not to be installable on other devices he would let the app install and make it refuse to start , try looking for the data folder of the app in the external storage (sd card or a partition that it considers as sd card) and copy it to the second device, also try using apps from play store to extract the apk like app backup restore or others .

ramsharan

Oct 7, 2013
What's the best way of backing up the whole android fw with all apps,data etc from the device and restoring to another same android device like clone it .
Any app u suggest,the device is not rooted so can't use titanium backup.