[Q] Can't Boot to Manual Recovery

Search This thread

SugeLover

May 12, 2014
Hi guys. Since flashing Beans version of KitKat for my Note 3 my phone will no longer boot to manual recovery (volume up, home, power). The phone goes into a boot loop. The phone does reboot normally after the battery is pulled.

Any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix it? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Bobby_z

Sep 4, 2011
Indianapolis
Hi guys. Since flashing Beans version of KitKat for my Note 3 my phone will no longer boot to manual recovery (volume up, home, power). The phone goes into a boot loop. The phone does reboot normally after the battery is pulled.

Any ideas on what's causing this and how to fix it? Any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Are you just trying to access safestrap ?

SugeLover

May 12, 2014
Are you just trying to access safestrap ?

No safestrap works fine. I'm referring to the manual recovery mode of the phone. Volume up - Home - Power when the phone is powered off.

If I attempt to reboot to the stock recovery menu (either via the above mentioned method or even after installing the option with Wanam) I get a boot loop.

Last edited:

Bobby_z

Sep 4, 2011
Indianapolis
Never had that issue I did notice when running it I couldn't use the emulator script to enter recovery but was able to power off and manually enter it. Might try to re flash and wipe I don't know if that will fix your issue or not.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Free mobile app

SugeLover

May 12, 2014
Never had that issue I did notice when running it I couldn't use the emulator script to enter recovery but was able to power off and manually enter it. Might try to re flash and wipe I don't know if that will fix your issue or not.

I've tried reflashing and wiping already. No luck.

Bobby_z

Sep 4, 2011
Indianapolis
Not sure then best advise I could give you is stay on 4.3 for a while I didn't really think 4.4 was that great plus not a lot of rom option's just yet.