[ROM][Port][4.2.2][A2EPT][Unofficial]{SlimBean build 8}{[Nonkexec]

Search This thread

Aceofzeroz

Will the real SlimBeany please stand up, please rise up, PLEASE EDISON UP!! :D Though @alteredlikeness is already the Slim builder, we never got the 4.2.2 version. So here it is to complete the version release list with the final build 8! I ported this from the Galaxy Nexus too so there are slight differences anyway. :p

SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
  2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
  3. Full hardware key rebinding!
  4. Keyboard rotation
  5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
  • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
  • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
  • Google+ [link]
  • Twitter [link]
  • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
For Most Users
Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog

FAQ
Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
You can find the full list of credits here

Source
Please visit here for the rom source code.
Kernel source can be found here

All credits to the OP of this port along with the entire SlimRoms team!

Nonkexec roms need the ICS kernel or it will not boot!

~UPDATE~: This and other roms the A2EPT have ported may not have working in-call volume, so if it's something you really want to work then download the in-call volume adjustment fix by nma83 here: In-call Adjuster App

Last edited:

shardul.phatak

Jan 19, 2012
bangalore
if i'm not mistaken ..... where is d download link ??

Edit: sorry ... i found out .... u hav integrated it into frame ..... i was searching out of the frame :p

1 lil ques. : will UI tearing get solved in near future ?

Last edited:

minhajlk

Apr 14, 2011
Colombo
Motorola Atrix 2
Google Nexus 5
WOW! I see couple of 4.2.2 non-kexec ROMs, its so good to see you guys working on non-kexec as well, keep up the good work and take it easy guys. I am downloading now, will keep you posted. By the way I am testing BeanStalk non-kexec, you have done a great job with it Ace. Thank you and the A2EPT team.:highfive:

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

Aceofzeroz

I would like to know if anybody else is getting this bug, if not I can re-flash and see. In the meantime I will try another KB like you suggestion. Thank you. :)
I didn't experience such FCs when I tried it out, but I don't use the stock KB any at all anyway because I'm addicted to the TouchPal KB!:D

Its basically the same as stock keyboard :good::)
Haha, thanks for covering for me man, much appreciated as usual!:highfive:

Aceofzeroz

Well, in that case I will re-flash the ROM again and if I get the same issue then I'll use a different KB, maybe TouchPal :).

Yup, give it a go and I assure you won't be disappointed. ;):cool:

I just love the rom size..just 123 mb

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

It could be 'Slimmed' down even more by removing the unnecessary Galaxy files in it too but that's for another time.:p

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk

minhajlk

Apr 14, 2011
Colombo
Motorola Atrix 2
Google Nexus 5
Yup, give it a go and I assure you won't be disappointed. ;):cool:

It could be 'Slimmed' down even more by removing the unnecessary Galaxy files in it too but that's for another time.:p

Sent from the Ace's MB865 using Tapatalk

Re-flashed again, KB FCing again so I disabled the KB and installed TouchPal, its pretty good. Yes I use Slimsizer to remove unwanted files, its a coolest in-built tools in Slim ROMs. Having said that, I like the features and tools in BeanStalk its a great ROM and I am going to make it my daily.:good:

devilhunter47

Jun 22, 2012
Kottayam
Just boot into bootmenu recovery..select '' connect as usb mass storage option''..thats it and you will be fine to go..if you have Motorola drivers installed you can connect as media device

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

minhajlk

Apr 14, 2011
Colombo
Motorola Atrix 2
Google Nexus 5
I see, but if that mode isn't working then stick with MTP for storage access. I had to use a special method for all the galaxy Slimrom ports so not everything will be functional.

There is no MTP option. Ok Ace, I don't expect all the functions to work in custom ROMs, if this cannot be fixed, yeah we'll find an alternative method. Right now I am using BMM's USB option. This is not a complaint, just sharing my experience and if there is a way to fix it, then its well and good and if not, we'll find alternatives like we always do.

I really like this ROM, so a BIG Thank you and to your A2EPT team. :good:

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

Aceofzeroz

There is no MTP option. Ok Ace, I don't expect all the functions to work in custom ROMs, if this cannot be fixed, yeah we'll find an alternative method. Right now I am using BMM's USB option. This is not a complaint, just sharing my experience and if there is a way to fix it, then its well and good and if not, we'll find alternatives like we always do.

Don't worry min, I didn't take it as a complaint in any way. I honestly thought that the Media device connection was functional in this port, let alone the Mass storage, but I guess I got it confused with the other ports I was testing.

I'll definitely look into that soon since I want at least the MTP to be working for everyone.:good: Btw, I was also telling you I used a special method because I intend to share what it is with everyone later in my porting guide.:cool:

Aceofzeroz

Ok min and everyone, I re-ported the SlimBean rom again using Illusion as a base and now all stoarge options are working as they should!:D A big thanks to @minhajlk for pointing this out so that I could fix it and trim down the zip size a bit.

I removed the AOSP keyboard since it still FCs so you'll have to add your own keyboard, so skip all items in setup and fill them in later when you do. ;)

Reactions: minhajlk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will the real SlimBeany please stand up, please rise up, PLEASE EDISON UP!! :D Though @alteredlikeness is already the Slim builder, we never got the 4.2.2 version. So here it is to complete the version release list with the final build 8! I ported this from the Galaxy Nexus too so there are slight differences anyway. :p

SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

To get root working go to Settings/Developer options/
    Then change the option "root access" to "apps and adb".

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here

All credits to the OP of this port along with the entire SlimRoms team!

Nonkexec roms need the ICS kernel or it will not boot!

~UPDATE~: This and other roms the A2EPT have ported may not have working in-call volume, so if it's something you really want to work then download the in-call volume adjustment fix by nma83 here: In-call Adjuster App

Don't worry min, I didn't take it as a complaint in any way. I honestly thought that the Media device connection was functional in this port, let alone the Mass storage, but I guess I got it confused with the other ports I was testing.

I'll definitely look into that soon since I want at least the MTP to be working for everyone.:good: Btw, I was also telling you I used a special method because I intend to share what it is with everyone later in my porting guide.:cool:
    Reserved for the Ace, thank you and goodnight!:cool:
    WOW! I see couple of 4.2.2 non-kexec ROMs, its so good to see you guys working on non-kexec as well, keep up the good work and take it easy guys. I am downloading now, will keep you posted. By the way I am testing BeanStalk non-kexec, you have done a great job with it Ace. Thank you and the A2EPT team.:highfive:
    I see, but if that mode isn't working then stick with MTP for storage access. I had to use a special method for all the galaxy Slimrom ports so not everything will be functional.