Another victim of the dying Atrix HDs. Help!

Search This thread

TheCrazyDirectioner

Dec 15, 2012
Calgary
I looked around and seems that I'm not the only one with the problem, but none of the things that worked for other people worked for me. I seem to be another victim of the dying Motorola's.

I had just sent a text on my Motorola after unplugging it from the charger in the morning, left it for half an hour, and when I came back, it wouldn't turn on. Did the hard reset button combo, nothing. Physically disconnected the battery, nothing. Plugged it into the usual charger I charge it with (from a Galaxy Nexus) and nothing but a solid green light. Plugged it into a higher current charger (from a Blackberry Playbook), green light flashes and it turns on, but only to the Motorola logo.

It only seems to either go into the Motorola logo, the boot selection screen, or AP Fastboot. Nothing else. Unplugging the charger once on will kill it, so looks like it isn't getting anything from the battery. And also, once on, it hard resets itself after about 20 seconds. It just shuts off, then green light flashes, turns on, runs for about 20 seconds, then repeats.

I hear a new battery fixes it, but I had already put a new screen on this thing, a new LCD, a new back, and unlocked it, I'm really not inclined to replace another part in it. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on or what I could do?

It only seems to either go into the Motorola logo, the boot selection screen, or AP Fastboot. Nothing else. Unplugging the charger once on will kill it, so looks like it isn't getting anything from the battery. And also, once on, it hard resets itself after about 20 seconds. It just shuts off, then green light flashes, turns on, runs for about 20 seconds, then repeats.

I hear a new battery fixes it, but I had already put a new screen on this thing, a new LCD, a new back, and unlocked it, I'm really not inclined to replace another part in it. Does anybody have an idea of what's going on or what I could do?

If you can get into Fastboot, then you are not hardbricked. I don't think there's TWRP for your phone, otherwise you can charge while in that recovery; I think you are going to need to buy or make a factory cable in order to keep the phone on to get it running again http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html

Reactions: TheCrazyDirectioner

TheCrazyDirectioner

Dec 15, 2012
Calgary
If you can get into Fastboot, then you are not hardbricked. I don't think there's TWRP for your phone, otherwise you can charge while in that recovery; I think you are going to need to buy or make a factory cable in order to keep the phone on to get it running again http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/146492-how-why-make-your-own-motorola-factory-cable.html

Darn. I managed to get an OEM charger for a Motorola (from a RAZR HD) and it does the same thing as the Playbook charger. Turns on, but only to M logo or fastboot, and auto resets after about 20secs.

TheCrazyDirectioner

Dec 15, 2012
Calgary
Managed to finally get it working! I plugged it into the Playbook charger and as soon as I plugged it in held volume up+volume down+power to get into boot selection menu, select Recovery, and just let it sit at the red M logo from morning until evening. I went to unplug it, and it stayed on! Held volume down+power to reset, tried turning it back on and success! It works again! :laugh:

Managed to finally get it working! I plugged it into the Playbook charger and as soon as I plugged it in held volume up+volume down+power to get into boot selection menu, select Recovery, and just let it sit at the red M logo from morning until evening. I went to unplug it, and it stayed on! Held volume down+power to reset, tried turning it back on and success! It works again! :laugh:

Awesome! So glad to hear it! I had an Acer tab spontaneously brick on me (bad EMMC) and it's the worst not being able to do anything.

(Enjoying the cold rain here? :p)

Last edited:

WindWaker73

Jul 27, 2014
Help, please!

I'm having the same problem, I was wondering if you'd be able to help me get my phone working again. It does all the things you described in problem, but I'm not as technologically savvy as I'd like to be and haven't the slightest of how to fix this. Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.