S9+ 120fps Camera Mod? (request)

Search This thread

MattL600

May 4, 2020
The A50 has just recieved a 120fps camera mod.

There are numerous sources that confirm that the S9 is capable of this.
[Unfortunately as i am a lurker and do not have an account i cannot post links yet so you will have to search yourselves but the sources are numerous]

It is quite obvious that Samsung limited this feature, perhaps in order to segment their branding or because they felt that it was too unstable.

Does anyone know if there is an existing mod for this?
I have a 144hz monitor and would love to start capturing footage I can watch at a higher framerate.

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
The A50 has just recieved a 120fps camera mod.

There are numerous sources that confirm that the S9 is capable of this.
[Unfortunately as i am a lurker and do not have an account i cannot post links yet so you will have to search yourselves but the sources are numerous]

It is quite obvious that Samsung limited this feature, perhaps in order to segment their branding or because they felt that it was too unstable.

Does anyone know if there is an existing mod for this?
I have a 144hz monitor and would love to start capturing footage I can watch at a higher framerate.

Trying to figure this out. super slow mo runs at like 940 fps and slow mode like 240. My numbers might be a bit off. but it already its higher than 120

TheMadScientist

Recognized Contributor
Oh i thought you were a developer. The S9 can record at 240fps but the actual video is only exported in 60fps and plays at 60fps. I can tell by comparing actual 120fps video with slow mo video i recorded myself without exporting it.
I see now. Lol. That's kinda weird. I'm sure it will come along soon enough mate.

Eslam Bitzza

Nov 23, 2016
guys.. just open the camera and go to the settings and chose 720p as a resloution.. it will record and export in 240fps and you can do whatever it is that you want with it!

Top Liked Posts