hemorrdroids full review of Desire S

Search This thread

kartikk

Mar 12, 2011
Chennai
nice review :)
but i have a doubt
why is the desire hd having a higher quadrant score than the desire S?

xdaman85

Apr 14, 2007
London
nice review :)
but i have a doubt
why is the desire hd having a higher quadrant score than the desire S?

Yeh i'm not sure about it either, I ran the quadrant test so many times, and it never went higher than 1225. I find it odd, considering the Desire HD and Desire S share the same processor and gpu :confused:

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Yeh i'm not sure about it either, I ran the quadrant test so many times, and it never went higher than 1225. I find it odd, considering the Desire HD and Desire S share the same processor and gpu :confused:
very nice review! thank you! but may i know why you decided to keep the dhd over the desire s? i am considering between the 2!

can you also pls kindly do a comparison between the dhd vs Desire S in web browsing speed?

thanks for the great review! :D

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA

Well the desire s is running gingerbread right? We know 2.3 shows a big decrease in performance and quadrant scores on the nexus one and other phones. Example, n1 on froyo hits 1650 easily, but on 2.3 gingerbread it only gets 1100 or so, sometimes 1200.

So the desire s runs 2.3 so this doesn't surprise me. Though with its better CPU I would expect it to be a bit higher.

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
Well the desire s is running gingerbread right? We know 2.3 shows a big decrease in performance and quadrant scores on the nexus one and other phones. Example, n1 on froyo hits 1650 easily, but on 2.3 gingerbread it only gets 1100 or so, sometimes 1200.

So the desire s runs 2.3 so this doesn't surprise me. Though with its better CPU I would expect it to be a bit higher.
ah... i thought all android updates are meant to give it a speed increase and enhancements/optimizations :/ also the new sense ui is slightly heavier and will slow the phone down a bit.

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
hmm...that can be true
but linpac did give a higher score..
could it be that quadrant is not optimized for gingerbread ?

that's always possible, but quadrant and gingerbread have been around for a long time now. it seems to be across the board, i.e. cyan 7 or stock 2.3.3, always lower than froyo. i experience slower choppy scrolling and "chunky" lag on gingerbread, where froyo is just smooth as butter. so i just think something got borked in the newer code base. i just dont know...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys I've just put the full review of the Desire S up on hemorrdroids.

You can find it here:
    http://hemorrdroids.net/htc-desire-s-review/

I've done some benchmarks, and I've also tested it against the original Desire.

Hope you lot like it and hope it helps anyone looking to buy the Desire S.

Let me know what you lot think, thanks guys :D