[App] Network Tools

Search This thread

westward

Sep 9, 2010
Chernovtsy
Hi!

I have created a new application, Network Tools.

Basic idea of this app is periodic monitoring of websites, servers, routers, surveillance systems, etc. After a specified period of time the resource is checked, in case of failure user will get a warning. Such control will allow you to respond quickly to encountered problems.

You can add new resource to monitoring list, select the type and time interval between checks. At any time you can change the settings or manually check for a specific host. The corresponding commands are available on the context menu.

App contains additional tools: whois, ping and traceroute, for diagnosing network problems. For these commands there are implemented lists of previously entered addresses, so user does not need to retype them again.

Free, no ads.

Android Market link

You are welcome for feedback and comments.

WBR

Screenshots:
screen1.jpg
screen2.jpg
screen3.jpg

Last edited:

westward

Sep 9, 2010
Chernovtsy
Network Tools 1.1.4 in Android Market

Network Tools 1.1.4 in Android Market.

What's new:

Version 1.1.4
* HISTORY;
* History auto delete;
* History auto update;
* Option: number of attempts to check;
* Option: timeout value;
* Host check algorithm improvements.

Version 1.1.3
* WHOIS;
* Separate ringtone option if host is working again;
* Copy to/Send to commands for traceroute;
* New status bar icons;
* Minor changes in the host verification algorithm.

Last edited:

randolph2000

Dec 10, 2008
Manila
this is a great tool! im looking for this one in Android for long time. Ive been using this app in windows mobile DNetworkTools.

i hope you could put some stuff like in DNetworkTools.

Thanks for the great app!

Ill support this one.

Dissenter

Oct 21, 2009
Great Work!!!

Please don't take this as anything against the app, but if any admin actually relies on an app like this as the only monitoring solution for critical 24/7 servers, they should be dragged behind the woodshed and paddled. It has NOTHING to do with the app, rather the fact that mobile networks are simply not 100% viable.

That said, when there are issues (power, network etc..) with other monitoring systems, this is a FANTASTIC option. This will be part of my Android install kit forever.

I have a couple of requests:

1. A scrollable widget that shows the last result for each server/test would be cool. I will give you a full screen on my phone! ;-)

2. I need to test specific services: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH. Additional service options and maybe an option to manually define ports/services would be really nice. Customers of mine that have security camera systems using a DVR often forward random ports for external access to the DVR and it would add "peace of mind" for them to be able to see that their security system is up and running.

westward

Sep 9, 2010
Chernovtsy
if any admin actually relies on an app like this as the only monitoring solution for critical 24/7 servers

2. I need to test specific services: HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SSH. Additional service options and maybe an option to manually define ports/services would be really nice.

Sure, nobody says about critical servers monitoring. :)

In actual app version you can use Generic TCP option with URL like http://site.com:3128, or HTTP Get option with fully qualified URL to make some tests. I understand, this is not complete test of concrete service, and have plans to add more to my app.

Now I'm busy with another private application, but, I hope, this is not forever.

By the way, you say about test services like HTTP, FTP or SSH. What exactly do you think should make the application? Any ideas are welcome.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

I have created a new application, Network Tools.

Basic idea of this app is periodic monitoring of websites, servers, routers, surveillance systems, etc. After a specified period of time the resource is checked, in case of failure user will get a warning. Such control will allow you to respond quickly to encountered problems.

You can add new resource to monitoring list, select the type and time interval between checks. At any time you can change the settings or manually check for a specific host. The corresponding commands are available on the context menu.

App contains additional tools: whois, ping and traceroute, for diagnosing network problems. For these commands there are implemented lists of previously entered addresses, so user does not need to retype them again.

Free, no ads.

Android Market link

You are welcome for feedback and comments.

WBR

Screenshots:
    screen1.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    Network Tools 1.1.4 in Android Market

Network Tools 1.1.4 in Android Market.

What's new:

Version 1.1.4
    * HISTORY;
    * History auto delete;
    * History auto update;
    * Option: number of attempts to check;
    * Option: timeout value;
    * Host check algorithm improvements.

Version 1.1.3
    * WHOIS;
    * Separate ringtone option if host is working again;
    * Copy to/Send to commands for traceroute;
    * New status bar icons;
    * Minor changes in the host verification algorithm.
    Reserved for future use