• Screenshot_2012-09-16-08-27-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-16-08-27-31.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 1,599
Last edited:
Reactions: SteveG12543

adamgaltress

Nov 13, 2011
Nottingham
I can confirm I have an update too, however it downloaded way too fast to be a jelly bean update

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

I'm stuck on 99% for some reason.. it took a few seconds to get there and I'm on a 7mb/s line. It could just be an incorrect number for all I know

eckka

Aug 24, 2008
Adelaide
I can confirm I have an update too, however it downloaded way too fast to be a jelly bean update

Updated ROM to version .30 with firmware update for the camera. The bootanimation is simpler, doesn't have the second animated and discoloured phase of the Asus logo.

IIRC when the update arrived to my XOOM for Jellybean there was small update, the bootloader I think, before the big one dropped. Here's hoping JB drops soon!

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Maybe someone can get the update file and upload it somewhere. I can't do it because i'm unlocked so no OTAs for me.

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
How does one go about doing this? I'm always beaten to it so don't know how to do it

dlpkgfile right? I'll upload it in a sec

[EDIT] YMMV With this thing, I can't get it to install, fails with a red triangle. I'm only rooted, not unlocked so I'm not sure what's up
[EDIT2] After the ota failed, I now can't get it again, so it never installed. Still being locked, is there any way to install it manually?

Last edited:

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
How does one go about doing this? I'm always beaten to it so don't know how to do it

You should search for the update in "cache" folder in sdcard root,but you will not find it if you already applied the update so you have to download the OTA but not apply it.Usually the file is called "dlpkg" or "dlpkgfile"...so look for /cache/dlpkg.

t3ej4y

Nov 23, 2010
Seems like gps version is updated too..And my dock version changed from tf201-dock-0207 to dock-ec20n-0207. Hmmm...

EDIT: HA,I knew it, face unlock is here, with the new camera version :D

EDIT 2: working like a boss with the 2mp front cam, but strangely, no password option for secondary lock? Only pin and pattern.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Splaktar

sparksd

Sep 26, 2010
Seattle, WA
Seems like gps version is updated too..And my dock version changed from tf201-dock-0207 to dock-ec20n-0207. Hmmm...

EDIT 2: working like a boss with the 2mp front cam, but strangely, no password option for secondary lock? Only pin and pattern.

Might be my imagination, but it seems like I am getting faster satellite/location lock with GPS Test.

Dave

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
Lol. I made a backup of the file as well. When I went to install and it failed. What's the MD5 for yours? Mine is 073A07D975A6691619FB53AFA52EA160

The uploaded file have the same MD5 like yours.If you are rooted make sure at least the build.prop file is not modifyed or update might fail.

BossMafia2

Jun 15, 2010
The uploaded file have the same MD5 like yours.If you are rooted make sure at least the build.prop file is not modifyed or update might fail.

Yeah, mine worked eventually. What I ended up having to do was pull the original build.prop out of the last updates blob, since just removing what I added wasn't enough. If you didn't make a backup of it, you'll likely have to do the same, or I could upload the stock file

BxMxK

Aug 15, 2012
Fort Belvoir
Yeah, mine worked eventually. What I ended up having to do was pull the original build.prop out of the last updates blob, since just removing what I added wasn't enough. If you didn't make a backup of it, you'll likely have to do the same, or I could upload the stock file

Did you have to force the update manually or just make sure the file was sitting in cache? I reset everything and put the copy into cache and nothing happens.

clenz

Dec 9, 2011
Chicago
Anyone else lose root after this update?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just curious why I would need SuperSU as well as superuser apps? I have superuser installed as it was installed when I rooted but not SuperSU.

No, In fact SuperSU is a replacement for SuperUser. From the SuperSU app description:

This is meant to replace Superuser (if installed), you use either one or the other. You cannot combine them. Statements that this breaks Superuser are therefore completely nonsensical.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob36o1s0ym8bbo7/build.prop <- That's the build prop I used, and it worked just fine for me.

Also, if you're still unable to install the update, getting the red exclamation point, when you boot back up, check the install log...I think it's called last_log or something, in the /cache folder. It will tell you there exactly what's erroring out. I found that Root Explorer wont display the text though, so you may need to copy it to your computer before you can read it.
    How do you install if you dld the version from the website? It's a zip file and not sure what to do with it...thanks

What I did when I manually updated from .22 to .26 was:

1. download the correct SKU, something like XX_epad_user_9_4_5_30_20120907_UpdateLauncher.zip for this update
    2. unzip it, it's another zip, but no need to extract that (XX_epad-user-9.4.5.30.zip)
    3. place it in the root of /sdcard (aka /mnt/sdcard; internal memory)
    4. reboot, the update should now start

Alright, this should work: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lejmcae4rocin9e/dlpkgfile
    It wouldn't install for me though, so maybe somebody else can upload theirs and we can compare