[ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [discontinued]

Search This thread

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130218] *UPDATED*

I wonder if this was baked from AOSP rom. Because flash player on the browser is working flawlessly on that. On this Rom I am having issues of web browser crash. Even after full reinstall of rom and gapps. Is someone having this same problems?

Try this flash version http://db.tt/xGzo47Xk

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire2 using xda app-developers app

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130218] *UPDATED*

That fixed it. It is weird I been usng the same flash apk for all my roms and this is the first time it didn't work. It is even the same bild as the one you gave me. Is this apk modified?

No. Not sure what version it is but it works fine for me

granadier

THIS ROM IS BASED ON SGT7

IMPORTANT: WHEN COMING FROM STOCK AMAZON OS
-Make sure you wipe everything while in TWRP before you flash anything!
-In TWRP go to WIPE and select both System AND Factory Reset
(Make sure you wipe both when coming from Stock or you will end up in a bootloop with the CM10.1 boot animation)

ToDo:
Add my custom theme chooser that was popular on the KF1

Links:

GApps

20130218 Version 7 (Current build)

Old builds:
20130211 Version 6
20130131 Version 5
20130130 Version 4
20130120 Version 3
20130118 Version 2
20130116 Version 1

Installation:

YOU MUST HAVE TWRP AND BOOTLOADER INSTALLED AND WORKING

**To install TWRP and Bootloader**
One Click Method
by: FMKilo

Manual Method (and HashROM)
by Hashcode

1. Download the ROM and GApps.
  2. Boot into recovery
    >Coming from Amazon Stock OS? Wipe everything (read above)
    >Coming from another CM 10.1 install? No need to wipe, but you can to be safe.
  3. Select install and flash ROM and GApps
  4. (in TWRP after selecting the ROM, you can select "add zip" and then choose the GApps. It will flash them both for you at the same time)
  5. Reboot and Enjoy!

Bugs:

• -The initial portion of the bootanimation is stretched and 1/2 missing. This corrects itself fairly quickly.
  • -HD codecs for the Kindle Fire 2 are *NOT* working. I need to fix the kernel.
  • -Sleep battery life needs improvement. And I'll work on this more as I get time. Some Improvements 01/07
  • -The headphone MIC input is not functioning correctly yet. Work in progress.
  • -Virtual keyboard input on Jellybean is terrible. Needs a protocol update or something. Fixing. For now use an alternate keyboard like Swype

Sources:

Thanks to Hashcode for all his awesome work and Twa_priv for helping me with github & repo stuff

which is better... 4.2.1 that u upload on january 29 or this?? cuz i have the first one and its pretty stable... i have a Kindle Fire 2 NoN-HD

powerpoint45

Jan 31, 2012
Dallas
Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.2]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130218]

which is better... 4.2.1 that u upload on january 29 or this?? cuz i have the first one and its pretty stable... i have a Kindle Fire 2 NoN-HD

I would say this ones better because of all the security updates and 4.2.2 changes but I will have another build up in a few days if you want to wait

melvsmeister

Oct 10, 2010
I'm doing update using your latest build and I accidentally deleted data instead of system and it wipe my sdcard so I don't have the ROM copy but I can boot in TWRP.

I'm thinking of using adb sideload but I can't install any driver, I tried the ff but all failed:
-install driver via KFU (I successfully installed this before when my Kindle is stock and device read as Kindle in my PC)
-update Android SDK extras and download Kindle drivers
My driver update settings was set on not to auto update but all installation fails any chance for you guys managed to install this adb drivers using W7 or it's not possible to install adb since I already wipe my device?

I tried terminal emulator and boot via fastboot but is it ok if my device was read as otter device and not fastboot? When I issue command fastboot devices, no device found but fastboot -i0x1949 devices is showing my device.

Here's what I'm planning to do:
- can I use flash command to copy files to any partition and copy it to SD card via TWRP file manager or it's not possible?
- can I unzip the ROM zip file and flash using this command fastboot -i0x1949 flash boot boot.img? I'm afraid it will delete TWRP, please advise since I'm not familiar in fastboot commands.

Thanks!

wakko222

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22
Possible Fix

I've done this several times. Using Windows Vista - I let the Kindle boot past TWRP and just sit on the boot screen, disconnected the USB cable, heard the disconnect sound, plugged the cable back in, and heard the reconnect sound. The Kindle Fire 2 DID NOT show up in the devices of the control panel, and WAS NOT shown up with adb devices. However, I was still able to use 'adb push cm10.1***.zip and gapps***.zip to to Kindle Fire 2 to the "/data/media" directory. I then held the power button down for about 20 seconds to turn off the Kindle Fire 2. I then rebooted into TWRP and the two zip files were under /sdcard/. I installed them and everything was good.

On Linux I was able to just go into TWRP and use adb to push the files to /sdcard/. Reboot and the files were there to reinstall.

Reactions: melvsmeister

granadier

I did The same once... Look what I did... When I enter to the recovery the kindle appears like if u don't have any drivers installed.. When connected it to the PC.. On or PC go to device administrator and select the kindle fire that appears like if u don't have drivers.. And update the drovers manually then from the list choose the one that is named Adb Device or something like that and then u can use adb command on cmd..

granadier

This is for PowerPoint... ;). :D. I update mine.. Jeje and I like its more faster than the previous version of this.. But still have some incosistence on some apps... I hope I like those screen shoots

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362193550719.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362193550719.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 366
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362193564932.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362193564932.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 356
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362193575476.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362193575476.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: powerpoint45

wakko222

Jan 18, 2013
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy S22
I would try wiping everything again. Wipe all you caches's, system, data. Then try to push the files again. If you are using Windows then I don't believe there will be an /sdcard directory, only the /data/media/ directory. When I did the push to /data/media/ it showed up under the first directory of the sdcard under TWRP.

Last edited:

melvsmeister

Oct 10, 2010
I would try wiping everything again. Wipe all you caches's, system, data. Then try to push the files again. If you are using Windows then I don't believe there will be an /sdcard directory, only the /data/media/ directory. When I did the push to /data/media/ it showed up under the first directory of the sdcard under TWRP.

Thanks for your reply, I tried to wipe everything again in TWRP but still get the same results. I was able to push gapps showing file was transferred but can't find it in TWRP. If I push the 150mb ROM in '/data/media' I always get "No space left on device". Any other possible solution guys? Thanks in advance!

I wonder if I can use fastboot and flash boot.img of ROM but will it affect/erase TWRP? I also noticed that when I try to unzip the ROM I get few of this replace existing file so I guess I might not be able to unzip all necessary files.

nFiniti

Jun 14, 2007
Albuquerque
You know when I'm happy, and thats when I don't post lol. Still to this date, not one problem have I encountered with the KF2 and the last release. Or any of the past few releases. Battery life is long, with Apex Launcher it looks amazing and everything runs on it.

Good job guys. Just wish this thing had NFC

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [discontinued]

THIS ROM IS BASED ON SGT7

IMPORTANT: WHEN COMING FROM STOCK AMAZON OS
    -Make sure you wipe everything except your sdcard (media partition) while in TWRP before you flash anything!
    -In TWRP go to WIPE and select both System AND Factory Reset
    (Make sure you wipe both when coming from Stock or you will end up in a bootloop with the CM10.1 boot animation)

Links:

GApps

20130627 Version 11 (Current build)

Old builds:
    20130512 Version 10
    20130408 Version 9
    20130404 Version 8
    20130218 Version 7
    20130211 Version 6
    20130131 Version 5
    20130130 Version 4
    20130120 Version 3
    20130118 Version 2
    20130116 Version 1

Installation:

YOU MUST HAVE TWRP AND BOOTLOADER INSTALLED AND WORKING

**To install TWRP and Bootloader**
    One Click Method
    by: FMKilo

Manual Method (and HashROM)
    by Hashcode

1. Download the ROM and GApps.
    2. Boot into recovery
      >Coming from Amazon Stock OS? Wipe everything (read above)
      >Coming from another CM 10.1 install? No need to wipe, but you can to be safe.
    3. Select install and flash ROM and GApps
    4. (in TWRP after selecting the ROM, you can select "add zip" and then choose the GApps. It will flash them both for you at the same time)
    5. Reboot and Enjoy!

Bugs:

• -The initial portion of the bootanimation is stretched and 1/2 missing. This corrects itself fairly quickly.
    • -The headphone MIC input is not functioning correctly yet. Work in progress.
    • -Virtual keyboard input on Jellybean is terrible. Needs a protocol update or something. Fixing. For now use an alternate keyboard like Swype

Sources:

Thanks to Hashcode for all his awesome work and Twa_priv for helping me with github & repo stuff
    Changelog

20130627 Version 11

• HALO notifications
    • Widget panel support in tablet mode
    • CM changes & whatever other framework changes

20130512 Version 10

• Whatever SGT7 updates and Cyanogenmod changes

20130408 Version 9

• Various SGT7 updates and Cyanogenmod changes (as always)
    • Pie control works again

20130404 Version 8

• Various SGT7 updates
    • Latest CM and SGT7 changes
    • Pie control fully implemented

20130218 Version 7

20130211 Version 6

• latest CM changes
    • Settings: Fixed Settings -> System FC [sbrady]

20130131 Version 5

• latest CM changes
    • Fixed MTP for Windowzzz users

20130130 Version 4

• HD works:
    • latest CM changes
    • removed my custom framework modifications for now

20130120 Version 3

• Modified framework:
    • bold time in statusbar
    • larger time notification size
    • large text for date
    • navigationbar image (grayish/minimal)

20120118 Version 2

• sgt7 based
    • volume slider in notifications
    • select tablet/phone mode
    • edge swype navigation
    • advanced trebuchet settings
    • power menu option to expand desktop
    • any widget on lockscreen
    • and much much more

20130116 Version 1

• Initial release
    • based off cm10.1 and modded for tablet mode
    Re: [ROM] [JB 4.2.1]cm10.1/sgt7 [20130118]

I am working on a fix for HD codecs. But troubleshooting a blind fix is never "easy". Its just taking some time.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Re: Rom: Coming soon

Screenshots:
    0fbs9r1.png

HZCGumS.png

UarRenf.png

4lQuwNh.png
    UPD8

20130512 Version 10

• Whatever SGT7 updates and Cyanogenmod changes