Swapping Internal to External SD

Search This thread

Snikeer

Jan 11, 2012
I have done it before, a while ago, but recently formatted my Razr I, and I can't seem to do it anymore. Every single flasheable mod/script is either unavailable or not working, all throughout Google's grasp.

I remember that before, my internal SD was not acessible as an storage device, and would just be used as /data. That setting was perfect for me, and my external SD would show as the only storage device on the phone.
*Edit* I know it would not exactly swap, but it would allow install data to be on internal, and all additional files (such as big game content) to be on external

I have tried messing around with vold.fstab, but it was no good. The only uncommented line is the following:
Code:
dev_mount sdcard /storage/sdcard0 auto /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:04.0/mmc_host/mmc1 /devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.3/gadget/lun0
And it apparently belongs to my external SD, since messing with it only made my external SD as blank. Still, internal storage would show as normal.

Does anyone have any working solution for that? And also, why did everything regarding this subject got removed?

*Edit* Managed to succesfully swap using Root External 2 Internal SD app, but not really the solution I was looking for. However, if no one can help me with it, it'll have to do =/

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts