[5.1.1][Unofficial] Lollipop | CyanogenMod 12.1 | m7spr [2015-09-18]

Search This thread

CRACING

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
@superfes

Thanks for releasing unofficially CM12.1. I'm using it since yesterday and its working fine so far. However, I get settings fc sometimes and mostly on bootup.

Another issue is with camera focus on micro shots which makes the device force reboot. It was present in cm12 long ago but it was solved or vanished later. Now seems to be back on CM12.1

Of course without a log, we cannot figure out these issues so I will post it asap here.

Btw; thanks for including d2s feature in the kernel. I have been missing it for long on official CM ROMs.

No, I tried looking for a how to or something on it, I might try some time, I don't know exactly what it entails.

Tested IR and its working fine, including recording. I'm using latest version of Smart IR Remote - AnyMote.

Best Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: lerxst_x

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011
For some reason I wasn't able to receive calls. They said it rang once then went to voicemail. IR also wasn't working through peel but I never really use it. Other than that OMG the ROM! This is the only CM rom that doesn't have issues with my FFC on official CM it has a weird tint to it with every app

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

evrdrandosity

Jun 23, 2010
Everything works great other than the camera. Same issue as most here, using the camera most of the time results in a reboot of the phone.

evrdrandosity

Jun 23, 2010
Flashing the 2015-6-22 build right now! I'll update after it's been tested.

update: the camera seems to work fine, and doesn't cause reboots now. But I get random reboots just out of the blue. And that was happening before the update. But issues with the camera seem to be fixed. So that's awesome!

Last edited:

thamind

Oct 17, 2007
I'm gonna transition from official cm12 nightlies to this build. I am also gonna try the 20150602 cm 12.1 gapps build (located on http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps) since this is a newer version..hope it works. will try to post any issues. If you don't hear from me, assume it is working great! Thanks for this build superfes.

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea
I too confirm that force reboot in camera focus is now fixed. Thanks a lot.

However, wake features are no longer available. Looks like you have changed the kernel.

Can we use the kernel from the previous build of yours?

Last edited:

superfes

Jul 24, 2010
OnePlus 11
I too confirm that force reboot in camera focus is now fixed. Thanks a lot.

However, wake features are no longer available. Looks like you have changed the kernel.

Can we use the kernel from the previous build of yours?

I was trying to fork this one: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-htc-one/development/kernel-elite-kernels-t2961835

But I messed up a merge, I'm trying to get it back to working, as soon as the merge is stable I'll build it back in.

Until then you can just use the AOSP kernel there.

Reactions: CRACING

CRACING

Jun 10, 2008
125 Miles From Sea

Gil1957

Apr 21, 2012
Hi
I like this rom so far, but I was hoping to reinstall the Beats sound back. I downloaded the apk, but it says an error when I try to install. The music through the speakers sound rather tinny without it. Has anyone installed Beats or anything similar to improve the sound quality?

Thank you.

thamind

Oct 17, 2007
So I have been using this rom since the 25th as a daily driver, I actually have had only 1 random reboot (unlike on the cm12 rom I had previously where it would reboot almost every day) Camera seems to work flawless where some have reported that it reboots but is def fixed.

I am having one major issue where I get no service 90% of my day, and I only get an exclamation point next to my service bars. The only way to *sometimes* get it back is by going into my mobile network settings and toggling the preferred network type back and forth from global/CDMA + LTE/EvDo/EvDo only/CDMA w/o EvDo/GSM only (where GSM only was to force it out of the proper net type and back in so I could toggle it back to CDMA base right after) And sometimes that didnt even work. I would also toggle airplane mode on and off with similar results. It is quite frustrating. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I never updated my stock radio/kernel? Does anybody know a fix to this? GPS also isn't working (and hasn't been for over a year)

Other than that everything else is working great, best CM12+ rom out so far! Please, if anyone knows of a solution to my connection issues please share! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 12.1

Hey guys, I no longer have this phone (or Sprint), but here's an update.

Download: Android File Host and Dev-Host

MD5: 73124015ae2883d8024b8df197e7288f

GApps

Kernel: GitHub
    Flashing the 2015-6-22 build right now! I'll update after it's been tested.

update: the camera seems to work fine, and doesn't cause reboots now. But I get random reboots just out of the blue. And that was happening before the update. But issues with the camera seem to be fixed. So that's awesome!
    Hope we do get marshmallow for this. Thanks it works good for me. Only thing is the lock screen always has a message in status bar NoSimcard-Sprint - but it seems to work fine.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

I have a S6 Edge - but I still like this M7 and I don't think "its days are over" I believe there will be Marshmallow for Sprint M7 - they already have it for other carriers. I'm gonna run my M7 until it dies - but its running strong still and I bought it pre-release so its one of the first M7s. My battery is fine and it works good for a extra hot spot with this rom. I also installed Linux Deploy running Ubuntu on an external sdcard reader. This phone is not dead.

This is an easy fix! As long as you're perfectly fine with installing Xposed. The sdk v74 of Xposed does not work with the latest commits of CM and AOSP, so use this one! Then, once it's installed, get the module called "Hide Carrier Label". Problem solved! :good::good:
    Seems like development support is done because it's too old of a phone. I still use mine as my daily driver. Going on 2.5 years strong.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

With CM 13 and Marshmallow right around the corner, most, if not, all devices' developments are being halted. It's not about the constant new ROMs being released and updated, but the fact that those ROMs are being outfitted with a new version of Android as well. Sure, the Sprint M7 is a little forgotten compared to the unlocked model, but there are still great, current ROMs such as this one and Dirty Unicorns. Both of which are being developed with 6.0 as we speak for the Sprint M7s. Even CM13, which is confirmed to be officially available for the multiple variants of the M7, is in development.

There's a lot going on behind the scenes, and truthfully, it's an exciting time as a result. :D
    @superfes

Thanks for releasing unofficially CM12.1. I'm using it since yesterday and its working fine so far. However, I get settings fc sometimes and mostly on bootup.

Another issue is with camera focus on micro shots which makes the device force reboot. It was present in cm12 long ago but it was solved or vanished later. Now seems to be back on CM12.1

Of course without a log, we cannot figure out these issues so I will post it asap here.

Btw; thanks for including d2s feature in the kernel. I have been missing it for long on official CM ROMs.

No, I tried looking for a how to or something on it, I might try some time, I don't know exactly what it entails.

Tested IR and its working fine, including recording. I'm using latest version of Smart IR Remote - AnyMote.

Best Regards