[PETITION] Unlock Bootloader SM - N950U !

Search This thread

SICKMADE

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 11, 2013
LAS VEGAS "SIN CITY"
All of us Snapdragon Note 8 users know it's a long shot, but it's worth the try... Let your voice be heard and Samsung to surrender! Please take a minute to vote, all is appreciated!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-un...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

It's not honestly even worth the try...I wish it was believe me! But in reality us people who actually root our devices is such a small percentage to the total amount of people who don't that there's absolutely no way that they will care enough.. and I very well could be mistaken but I believe your not gonna want to send votes to Samsung but to the actual US carriers and others who use the Snapdragon devices because if I'm not mistaken they are the reason behind the locked bootloaders. Started off with Sprint and Verizon then finally Att and Tmobile being the last carrier to do so. From my understanding Samsung doesn't care and really why should they? But these carriers get these big corporations to pay them to put their bloat on the device and with a unlocked bootloader users can just erase it and also apply hacks like wifi tether and such. So your gonna want to send your votes to the carriers. Goodluck

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
samsung wants the corporate accounts, and couldnt care less about the average consumers cell phone purchases; companies who buy 1000 phone at a time do not want any security cracks, so, Samsung will NEVER unlock the bootloaders on phones they sell in the USA..
dont waste your bandwidth signing some silly petition; if you want to unlock your bootloader, get an Exxnos version, NOT a Snapdragon version, period..

Reactions: wilsonb@pobox

douger1957

Jul 31, 2010
Fort Wayne
**UPDATE**

We're now over 100 signatures in! Thanks to all who have signed already! If you haven't already, a minute of your time would greatly be appreciated to sign the petition. Thanks to all Note 8 users!

Over 100? I'll bet they stop and pay attention now.

Hint: there were over 650K units bought pre sale. There were several million sold. Perhaps that puts into perspective just how miniscule the modding community is.

If you want an unlocked bootloader buy a phone that has an unlocked bootloader.

Reactions: wase4711

#Rooty#

Jan 21, 2020
Ok so I rooted my note 8 EDL method with 7.1, I managed to get the OEM UNLOCK to pop up after submitting shell command in my ADB Terminal.....I simply typed

$ su

# resetprop ro.boot.oem.lock 0
# resetprop ro.boot.other.locked 0
# resetprop ro.boot.flash.locked 0

Went back into development options and there is was saying my bootloader is already unlocked but my issue is the secure boot when I try to flash magisk or twrp via safestrap I get the annoying unauthorized firmware has been flashed! Ugh ...... any way to script that secure boot out?

Reactions: will360

will360

Jan 11, 2018

wilsonb@pobox

Jan 5, 2014
samsung wants the corporate accounts, and couldnt care less about the average consumers cell phone purchases; companies who buy 1000 phone at a time do not want any security cracks, so, Samsung will NEVER unlock the bootloaders on phones they sell in the USA..
dont waste your bandwidth signing some silly petition; if you want to unlock your bootloader, get an Exxnos version, NOT a Snapdragon version, period..

Agree.. Leaving Samsung family once my Battery is at no return.. Because Samsung has always given US consumers the middle finger.

But when when you state get Exxnos VS. Snapdragon cnipset, were talking Exxnos(Samsung CPU make) vs. Snapdragon (Qualcomm CPU make). If Samsung could have locked down Exxnos, they would have.
so not sure the connection there. Is it that Exxnos was never sold directly in US?

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Over 100? I'll bet they stop and pay attention now.

Hint: there were over 650K units bought pre sale. There were several million sold. Perhaps that puts into perspective just how miniscule the modding community is.

If you want an unlocked bootloader buy a phone that has an unlocked bootloader.

Would love to find a reliable / updated source that shows this on one site. For next time around ..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All of us Snapdragon Note 8 users know it's a long shot, but it's worth the try... Let your voice be heard and Samsung to surrender! Please take a minute to vote, all is appreciated!

https://www.change.org/p/samsung-un...m_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

It's not honestly even worth the try...I wish it was believe me! But in reality us people who actually root our devices is such a small percentage to the total amount of people who don't that there's absolutely no way that they will care enough.. and I very well could be mistaken but I believe your not gonna want to send votes to Samsung but to the actual US carriers and others who use the Snapdragon devices because if I'm not mistaken they are the reason behind the locked bootloaders. Started off with Sprint and Verizon then finally Att and Tmobile being the last carrier to do so. From my understanding Samsung doesn't care and really why should they? But these carriers get these big corporations to pay them to put their bloat on the device and with a unlocked bootloader users can just erase it and also apply hacks like wifi tether and such. So your gonna want to send your votes to the carriers. Goodluck
    **UPDATE**

We're now over 100 signatures in! Thanks to all who have signed already! If you haven't already, a minute of your time would greatly be appreciated to sign the petition. Thanks to all Note 8 users!
    Now what?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    It's worth a shot, Got nothing to lose!
    It will never happen.