[Q] Slow 4G speeds on Note 3

Search This thread

moejoe88

Aug 11, 2013
I recently gave the wife my S4 and got the Note 3. My suspicion that 4G LTE speed with the Note was confirmed when I ran a speedtest. I admit I'm not in a great coverage area, but I get about 14mbs download on the S4 with a Wilson booster. I know that's not much, but hey, at least I can watch a video without buffering. :victory: But with the Note I'm getting about 5mbs and sometimes the signal just drops out altogether and I have to toggle airplane mode to get it back. I'm running Hyperdrive RLS7 4.3 with MJE baseband. I've seen other threads talking about flashing different modems and wonder if that would help. Has anyone come across this issue? I'd hate to get rid of this phone, but 4G is all the internet I've got and these speeds are just to slow. Any help would be appreciated.

Bsmith0731

Jan 15, 2013
I recently gave the wife my S4 and got the Note 3. My suspicion that 4G LTE speed with the Note was confirmed when I ran a speedtest. I admit I'm not in a great coverage area, but I get about 14mbs download on the S4 with a Wilson booster. I know that's not much, but hey, at least I can watch a video without buffering. :victory: But with the Note I'm getting about 5mbs and sometimes the signal just drops out altogether and I have to toggle airplane mode to get it back. I'm running Hyperdrive RLS7 4.3 with MJE baseband. I've seen other threads talking about flashing different modems and wonder if that would help. Has anyone come across this issue? I'd hate to get rid of this phone, but 4G is all the internet I've got and these speeds are just to slow. Any help would be appreciated.

The connectivity on this phone is horrible. I've had mine since launch and I travel alot. Everywhere I go its spotty. I believe I'm done with the Verizon and Samsung Combo. They are horrible together.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: moejoe88

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
The connectivity on this phone is horrible. I've had mine since launch and I travel alot. Everywhere I go its spotty. I believe I'm done with the Verizon and Samsung Combo. They are horrible together.

Same here, told my wife this was my last upgrade for awhile. ..I lied. Moving away from Samsung ASAP. First and last Samsung product I buy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

moejoe88

Aug 11, 2013
Same here, told my wife this was my last upgrade for awhile. ..I lied. Moving away from Samsung ASAP. First and last Samsung product I buy.

Thanks for your input guys. Sad to say, I think you're right. Seems like the service with my razr maxx was a lot more reliable and faster. Shame, because this is a great device.

moejoe88

Aug 11, 2013
Are you rooted? If so, you may consider flashing a different modem/radio in Odin. I am currently running the MJ7 modem/radio on the KK NC2 and am very satisfied. If you are interested, check out the link below.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ngrade-your-verizon-note-3-s-modem-radio.html

Thanks, I'm willing to give anything a try. Really want to keep this phone. Had to take the S4 back from my wife in the meantime ... She was not happy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Flash different modem/radio if rooted for improved reception.

Are you rooted? If so, you may consider flashing a different modem/radio in Odin. I am currently running the MJ7 modem/radio on the KK NC2 and am very satisfied. If you are interested, check out the link below.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...ngrade-your-verizon-note-3-s-modem-radio.html