[DEV][ICS+SENSE][Mar.20.2012]HTC One V development[Source+RUU]

Search This thread

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
so any devs working on a build based on this?

Well.. pretty much every good sense dev has left the og dinc.
Tribulattifather I'm assuming is going to try and get this running with a fair amount of help and kernel support. If it does run sometime soon, it would be amazing but don't hold your breath.

We only have a few good devs supporting the dinc still, either way this is a godsend and I'm hoping it runs smooth considering the specs in One V. It's actually kinda amazing, ics+sense combo and its running off 512ram. I think we will just have a problem with things working.

Either way huge thanks to Tribulatti for bringing this, here's hoping for the best!

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I'm helping him with the project and I think Tiny is going to take a look at the kernel (?)

I''ll have to try to look at this this afternoon.

While not an expert on roms, I think we may be best off starting with a GB ramdisk and hacking at it to get it work. Still keep the AOSP ICS zImage (kernel) thouh. I would think a Ramdisk from a Sense 3.5 ROM may be a good starting point and the zImage should be from a stock AOSP ICS kernel such as the one included in cm9 or abduction 2.0. If we get stuck maybe we could nicely ask nilsp or newtoroot or joelz for help.

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣

While not an expert on roms, I think we may be best off starting with a GB ramdisk and hacking at it to get it work. Still keep the AOSP ICS zImage (kernel) thouh. I would think a Ramdisk from a Sense 3.5 ROM may be a good starting point and the zImage should be from a stock AOSP ICS kernel such as the one included in cm9 or abduction 2.0. If we get stuck maybe we could nicely ask nilsp or newtoroot or joelz for help.

Not a bad idea at all, mate. I will start doing this immediately. And hopefully some of the og chefs/devs will take a look at this too.

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA

the method used on the msm7x30 devices (wont work as easily for older ones) is this:

any zimage from an ics aosp rom is fine (actually any zimage from gb cuz theyre all .35 anyway is fine but the ics ones have edits in them for some changes)

in the one v ramdisk you need to rename any of the files with "primo" or whatever to "inc" ie init.promo.rc

from there the rom boots for us on msm7x30 (inc s, inc2, dhd, ds, et all)...obviously a lot more changes are made to the ramdisk afterwards but step 1 is to get it booting first :p

i had originally planned to work on it, but my android time has been cut significantly lately, and the inc2 is my priority

hope you guys get it worked out

Reactions: Tribulattifather

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
That is exactly what I did. But I did notice a flaw in my design, so i'll be uploading a new port with fixed files soon. I hope it doesn't take hours like last night being as no one should be online atm compared to last night (DSL _-_ ).

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
That is exactly what I did. But I did notice a flaw in my design, so i'll be uploading a new port with fixed files soon. I hope it doesn't take hours like last night being as no one should be online atm compared to last night (DSL _-_ ).

whats the log saying when it doesnt boot? does it at least make it to boot ani?

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
HERE is the newer port.

I have used a different AOSP ICS CM9 zImage,
Changed a few things in the updater-script,
and deodexed a few more apps that I quite couldn't get to work before.

I don't exactly get to a bootanimation, but it does change the screen right after initially booting.

However,

Code:
adb logcat -v long > C:\users\mine\desktop\logcat.txt

doesn't let me see any info.

What is the best way to get a log?

Reactions: Alton (Halo 2)

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
HERE is the newer port.

I have used a different AOSP ICS CM9 zImage,
Changed a few things in the updater-script,
and deodexed a few more apps that I quite couldn't get to work before.

I don't exactly get to a bootanimation, but it does change the screen right after initially booting.

However,

Code:
adb logcat -v long > C:\users\mine\desktop\logcat.txt

doesn't let me see any info.

What is the best way to get a log?

check in the terminal first to see if logcat is even running ie

adb logcat

if its spitting stuff out then stop it and output

adb logcat > whateveryouwanttocallit.txt

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I won't have time on this project tonight as I decided to try and get beats audio working on my newer sense kernels for roms that support it. No success so far.

Reactions: CUBENSIS

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
I thought of that too. But since the DInc is a 'QSD' (1000Mhz Qualcomm Snapdragon) and the Desire HD and the Desire S are 'MSM' (Mobile Station) We can't use their ports to help us :/

Being that the DInc is a qsd8k (8650 to be exact) we'll need to keep an eye out for ports with the same processor.. Oh man I wish the old Desire could get a port of this, lol. We'd have no problem at all..

Most of my ports were from the desire hd...use libs from evervolv and cayniarbs hw acceleration kernel...and u also need the bootclasspath to match the one v's

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

renzo.olivares

Jan 6, 2011
Most of my ports were from the desire hd...use libs from evervolv and cayniarbs hw acceleration kernel...and u also need the bootclasspath to match the one v's

I'd be willing to help but no longer own an inc but can still help contact me joelz9614@gmail.com

Tribulattifather

Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I have to be honest here. I mainly make apps and older rom ports for devices like the HD2, DInc and the Herald/Wing. I've never really worked with kernels, so when you say:

use libs from evervolv and cayniarbs hw acceleration kernel...and u also need the bootclasspath to match the one v's

I understand how to do two out of the three you mentioned above (-I don't know how to match the One_V's bootclasspatch).

If you'd be willing to help us, I know we'd all be greatful. Do you need any files? I have a lot on the first post.

Last edited:

tiny4579

Jan 15, 2011
I have to be honest here. I mainly make apps and older rom ports like the HD2 and the Herald/Wing. I've never really worked with kernels, so when you say:

I understand how to do two out of the three you mentioned above (-I don't know how to match the One_V's bootclasspatch).

If you'd be willing to help us, I know we'd all be greatful. Do you need any files? I have most on the first post.

I think I know what Joel is talking about. As far as which libs are needed from the ics evervolv I wouldn't be too sure. I've messed with bootclasspath in the ramdisk before. Can check this evening. Is the port on one of the previous pages your latest attempt?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I tell you what guys ill boot this thing for you but you guys will have to support it... I have way to much going on right now to support it, but I will boot it if you want?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Original APP folder from most current leak::

App Folder

Original Framework folder from most current leak::

Framework Folder

Tiny's One_V Port so far:
    (Boots to the Bootanimation.)

Here is my logcat, maybe someone can figure it out. I'm taking a break for now:

logcat.txt

My current ROM is below.

sense-ics-inc.zip

Rom Update Utility:

RUU_PRIMO_U_ICS_40A_HTCCN_CHS_1.68.1400.2_Radio_20 .67.30.0831U_3831.15.00.28_M_release_254948_signed .exe

Run the RUU
    Wait a bit until the Rom Update Utility lets you press 'Next.'
    Don't press 'Next' though,
    Go to your Start Menu > Run > type in %temp%
    Now sort the folder by 'Date.'
    The first folder will be the folder that has a 'rom.zip' inside of it inside of the 2nd folder.

HTC_One_V_Ramdisk:

V_Ramdisk Download
    Whats up guys!! It's been a long time.
    I apologize for the delay in posting the port link. You'll have to forgive my internet. But, I assure you that the download is as fast as I can get it with my own server that I use.

EDIT: Port is on the next page --->

Just to make sure that everyone is on the same page - This port is NOT a working port.

It will flash to the DInc and it will install properly but it does not boot. And it is obvious why, lol, because we are still missing the piece to the puzzle to make a working kernel.

I hope that this will give you what you need to get this project I started the thrust in the right direction.

As for my method thus far, I am using the zImage from and AOSP ICS port with Ramdisk parts from the One_V.

Post Script - Today is my third year anniversary being apart of XDA. And I can only hope many more years to come.

CHEERS ALL!
    If I get time this week ill take a look at this... But I'm almost 90% sure it'll never boot on the older hw.... If it does boot what it will take to boot it will make it so unstable that it won't be usable at all, but ill check it out for you guys

Sent from my OnE XxX using Tapatalk