[How To] Flash Engineering HBOOT After S-OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nosympathy

Dec 19, 2010
Cincinnati
Yessir

Nope. Because if it did then their development/testing devices would get S-ON every time lol. This is pretty permanent.

alright appreciate the quick responses! I came from the thunderbolt where s-off was lost the moment and RUU was run.

So then my question would be I guess, how do we un s-off to say do a warranty claim? Fastboot OEM Lock?

werdna87

Apr 9, 2011
Mass
just kind of wondering, whats special about the ENG h-boot that people would use it over the release one?

Dstu03

Aug 21, 2010
South Florida
does anyone have the GB ruu or know where I can find it I will pull the radios and post them so people can play around a little bit.

Reactions: Quada

dejahboi

May 11, 2007
Porterville
Would you advise me to update to the most up to date GB update? I have the first firmware it came out with and just wondering if it'll work just fine. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind end up updating first before flashing. Thanks ANYWAYS!

Last edited:

Fergusonfox7

Jan 14, 2011
Champlin
Soooo, probably asking this in a wrong place but since i see a link up there can i download the RUU and flash it though hboot and my firmwire will be downgraded? (s-off)

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
Con. Finally tried to s off. Got it on the first try, no issues. But a couple of questions. I said yes and took the hboot from the tool. So It's the same as what you have posted here? How do I go to the leaked ics firmware now? I held off, waiting for s off

Edit. I mean can it now be done without the ruu? I'm on an ics Rom now with the old firmware patch

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
you can upgrade to the leaked firmware now. It will install the official hboot though. Don't install the engineering one over it or your storage won't work.

Reactions: silverxbv2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Locked. A replacement hboot has been developed by the Juopunutbear team. It is a patched 2.11 hboot that is similar to the engineering hboot, but won't cause as many issues. It also allows for fastboot commands without HTCDev.com unlock, but not the full engineering set so it is safer for the average user.
    This is for old firmware folks only! IF ARE RUNNING THE ICS LEAK FIRMWARE, DON'T FLASH THIS! Thanks again to jcase for posting this a couple months ago!

Warning: If you try to S-ON the device with this HBOOT on it, it will BRICK. Restore the original hboot first via RUU.
    Steps:
    -1.S-OFF the device
    0. Make sure you aren't on ICS firmware
    1. CHECK MD5!!!!
    2. Put PH98IMG.zip on SD card
    3. Reboot to HBOOT
    4. Flash bootloader when prompted with volume up.

MD5: E58BFA220BDBD58EB41C54FE36C240EE

HBOOT is probably the most critical part of the phone. If it bricks, it is not anyone's fault except yours!

attachment.php
    alright, so...since I always had the radios and such laid out before me on previous phones, how do I do this :D

1. Download RUU
    2. If it is an EXE, run it and follow directions.
    3. If it is a zip, rename to PH98IMG.zip, stick on SD card and flash in hboot.
    So just guessing here, this would be the hboot I would want if I were to rollback to GB. Run the January GB RUU, then run this?

Yessir

Won't that remove s-off? Then won't I have to re s-off?

Nope. Because if it did then their development/testing devices would get S-ON every time lol. This is pretty permanent.
    I am downloading that RUU as well. 107MB and counting. I flashed the RUU for the Pre-OTA and then the ENG Hboot. Had the issue, flashed both OTA GB and ICS Leak radios. ICS Leak wouldn't even let 4G stay connected, 3g was great. GB OTA Radios do the same as Pre-OTA radios.

I am hoping to get this RUU tonight and mess with the radios. Like you said though, it is slow as all get out.

Done: Firmware only uploaded. REDACTED. It sucks and can't hold a signal.

MD5: E92A4A0F6FA39456FE1FF625BB758616
    I thought Andy Bones went from the leak to this hboot?

So what would go wrong flashing this over the new firmware?

he downgraded first. This won't recognize the internal SD card since the mount points changed.