Going to Mexico. Need ROM advice

Search This thread

xmoox

Mar 24, 2011
Im currently running Liquid smooth 2.37 everything has been pretty rock solid except for the camcorder. I was previously running sundreams sense 4.1 4.5 5.0 rom and it was running great and seemed like a daily driver but just like the last time my contacts loading time became very long and then eventually the rom stopped working and I was getting force closes in alot of apps. Im thinking about going back to sense 3.6 and perform the latest update from Verizon to get a reliable rom back with a decent camera. Any advice on which ROM I should go for or just go ahead and return to stock thanks. Ill probably load a bunch of roms on my SD card to let me flash if something goes wrong while I am out of the country. Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

kcipopnevets

Oct 6, 2013
Brooklyn
For solid performance, I would use Neo's INFECTION ROM. 2.9.1 is excellent and by far one of the most stable ROMs I ever ran on my phone. Another ROM I'd recommend is Talon AOKP by brenuga, also very speedy and reliable.

By the way, have a great time in Mexico! :)

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Try everolv :) its a great rock solid ROM, either that or snuzzo's "plain Andy" ROM. Are you having to go to GSM or stay on CDMA? S-on or s-off? :p

Sent from my Rezound using xda-developers app. CyanogenMod 11. S-off

pball52998

Jan 1, 2014
Doesn't everolv have a gsm.zip that can be flashed? Or do all ROMs have that?

acejavelin

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Doesn't everolv have a gsm.zip that can be flashed? Or do all ROMs have that?

Not all ROMs do, some handle it different ways... Evervolv is a CDMA only ROM out of the box, but it uses a GSM.zip file that is flashed after the ROM, it replaces the build.prop file to enable GSM and the extra stuff you need (APNs and such).

xmoox

Mar 24, 2011
thanks for the advice guys. I would use everolv but the camcorder isn't reliable so I decided I'm going to run stock for a little bit. Back to sense 3.6. I almost ran sundreams 4.5 Rom but I wasn't sure about the global capabilities. Also I hate how long the contacts takes to load.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk