Warranty Issue

Search This thread

PeterZhao478

Aug 21, 2013
Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Telus Mobility which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.

Last edited:

cr1960

May 15, 2007
Melbourne
Hello. I am quite worried right now because I sent my phone in for repair and apparently my phone is out of warranty. Was it because I was s-off? I thought s-off had nothing to do with warranty. I feel so stupid now. I didn't know you could go from s off back to s on. The issues I am having with my HTC one is a dead pixel and the build quality. It has nothing to do with the software. The phone was given to Tells which then was sent to HTC repair. Now I get a notification that says my phone is out of warranty. Please help. My phone was also returned to stock settings and no tampered sign and locked bootloader.

I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.

PeterZhao478

Aug 21, 2013
I think you need to discuss with Tellus mate, no-one here can help much with this type of issue.
If the problems are minor, just get them to send it back as-is. Should be little/no charge.
Do some phones get shipped with s off by accident? I've searched online and I saw I tweet from HTC saying that s off docent void warranty.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut

PeterZhao478

Aug 21, 2013
here it is: https://twitter.com/htc/status/377422743626842112

some phones do ship s-off ("by mistake")... don't think there's a real way of proving that you s-off'ed the device... unless you left some nandroids or similar on the phone

good luck

I hope not. I remember needing to run a RUU two times because the first time I ruued I forgot to lock up my boot loader so I rerouted and locked. After locking I ran the RUU again to clear the last and that's it. My phone still has some data but nothing to do with rooting. It also had a PW on it.

PeterZhao478

Aug 21, 2013
Well... It seems like HTC says that my phone has physical damage? They also said that the button was physical damage... Search Google for HTC One button flush... I bet thousands of post talk about the button and my dead pixel was caused by pressure? How do they know if pressure was put on it... HTC trolling.