Root gets rid of all radio stuff?

Search This thread

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
I had an issue with Alliance rom. It went from wifi to 4g and I lost the prl and other stuff (said unknown). I only had wifi.

I was able to Odin back to stock. It took like three times as it would not move past the activation screen.

Now, on stock, I flashed TWRP recovering using ODIN, then used the CF root from Odin also. Phone restarted and while I have the 4g logo, I have no phone and the information is missing again (PRL). I do get wifi.

I just used Odin to reflash stock and it is still doing it. I also used the imei tool to restore what I had backed up (EFS). Can anyone help? What is going wrong?

Edit: Phone restarted with root BUT now I cannot make calls (it says roaming) and I am missing the prl and other things again. HOWEVER, I can use wifi, and 4g and no texting also.

If anyone has a clue I'd like to know, thanks.

Last edited:

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
I had an issue with Alliance rom. It went from wifi to 4g and I lost the prl and other stuff (said unknown). I only had wifi.

I was able to Odin back to stock. It took like three times as it would not move past the activation screen.

Now, on stock, I flashed TWRP recovering using ODIN, then used the CF root from Odin also. Phone restarted and while I have the 4g logo, I have no phone and the information is missing again (PRL). I do get wifi.

I just used Odin to reflash stock and it is still doing it. I also used the imei tool to restore what I had backed up (EFS). Can anyone help? What is going wrong?

Edit: Phone restarted with root BUT now I cannot make calls (it says roaming) and I am missing the prl and other things again. HOWEVER, I can use wifi, and 4g and no texting also.

If anyone has a clue I'd like to know, thanks.

Please somebody has to know something. Give me a clue, help me out please.

stalli0nUK

Jun 24, 2013
Oxford
Have you tried flashing the stock rom modem?

give some info on what s5 you have, G900F? what stock rom have you flashed?

rlewis312010

Feb 16, 2011
Have you tried flashing the stock rom modem?

give some info on what s5 you have, G900F? what stock rom have you flashed?
I actually could not find the stock modem. I DID solve it.
1.) Odin back to stock. It will freeze on the activation screen.
2.) Remove sim card after shutting down.
3.) It will get past that and connect with wifi.
4.) THEN clock on roaming to turn it on with sim in.
5.) Phone will then contact US Cellular to "activate and program." It will finish after a few minutes.
6.) Restart and enjoy

In case this happens to anyone else. Thanks for the help (lol). I've had a Droid Eris, HTC DNA, and a Droid Bionic.