[CLOSED][APP][5.0+] FairEmail - Fully featured, open source, privacy oriented email app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vladsol

Aug 29, 2015
Where is this spinner exactly located?
Wasn't it shown before rotating too?

Right in the center of the "message space" - have a look to attached screenshot
No, before rotating I see the message itself

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190516-120805.png
    Screenshot_20190516-120805.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 119

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Right in the center of the "message space" - have a look to attached screenshot
No, before rotating I see the message itself
I cannot reproduce this, can you?
Are you using the latest version of FairEmail?

Edit: if you are using the latest version of FairEmail and can reproduce this, please contact me for a test version (just use 'Report issue' in the main navigation menu).

Last edited:

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Yes, I have just upgraded to 1.492 and problem is reproducable in 100% cases
I have just sent the debug message to you.

Hello,

you open a message and then rotate?
This problem is being caused by a small bug in the new list caching and occurs only when you have enabled the advanced option 'Automatically go to next conversation on close conversation'. It will be fixed in the next release.

Edit: fixed in the just released beta version 1.493

Changelog/download:
https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases

Last edited:

juzek666

Oct 30, 2012
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Hi, anyone know how to disable notifications vibration? I have disabled vibrations on notifications channels on android but it's not working with FairEmail. My sound profile is "Vibration". It was working good with Aquamail -only sound on Sound profil and only notification when phone was on Vibration profile.
Note 9, stock android Pie.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hi, anyone know how to disable notifications vibration? I have disabled vibrations on notifications channels on android but it's not working with FairEmail. My sound profile is "Vibration". It was working good with Aquamail -only sound on Sound profil and only notification when phone was on Vibration profile.
Note 9, stock android Pie.
Go to the setup screen via the main navigation menu. In the setup screen navigation menu there is an entry 'Manage notifications' to go to the FairEmail notification channels. You'll need to disable vibration for the 'Notification' channel, or if you created channels for folders (new in latest release) or sender's email addresses, you'll need to disable vibrations for these channels.

Reactions: m0d

ths180

Jan 6, 2010
Hello Marcel,

where can I setup the Periodically sync interval for folders?

Thank you very much,

Thomas

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Hello Marcel,

where can I setup the Periodically sync interval for folders?
Folders will be synchronized continuous, unless set to poll (which will be done for Gmail user folders by default) or when the provider doesn't support push messages. The poll interval can be configured in the account settings (not per folder).

You can also synchronize all accounts periodically, which can be configured in the advanced options.

ths180

Jan 6, 2010
Folders will be synchronized continuous, unless set to poll (which will be done for Gmail user folders by default) or when the provider doesn't support push messages. The poll interval can be configured in the account settings (not per folder).

You can also synchronize all accounts periodically, which can be configured in the advanced options.
So the keep alive poll setting is the folder sync if not push, right?

juzek666

Oct 30, 2012
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
Go to the setup screen via the main navigation menu. In the setup screen navigation menu there is an entry 'Manage notifications' to go to the FairEmail notification channels. You'll need to disable vibration for the 'Notification' channel, or if you created channels for folders (new in latest release) or sender's email addresses, you'll need to disable vibrations for these channels.
Thank you for your answer Marcel. But unfortunately i already have disabled vibration on channel Notifications (and on 2 others - Warnings, Errors).

Attachments

• 20190516_141651.jpg
    20190516_141651.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 84

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Thank you for your answer Marcel. But unfortunately i already have disabled vibration on channel Notifications (and on 2 others - Warnings, Errors).
On Android versions with notifications channels (Android 8 Oreo and later) apps have no control over how notifications are displayed/behave after the initial creation of the notification channel. The whole intention of the notification channels is to put the user, you, in control of notifications, not apps. So, you'll have to dig deeper into the Android notification settings to get this resolved.

You could try to uninstall and install FairEmail again as this will delete all notification channels and recreate them with the default attributes. FairEmail doesn't touch the vibration attribute, as you can see here, so the default will be the system default.

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
@ths180 The hint text will be "Frequency of refreshing the connection for push messages or frequency of checking for new messages" and is ready for translation.

The reason that there is no setting per folder is that waking up the device once to check for new messages in all folders set to poll will result in less battery usage.

Reactions: m0d and ths180

ths180

Jan 6, 2010

Does it make sense to give a separate setting for this? Some folders with push, some periodically.
For battery drain reasons?

So 19 is much less for periodically. A higher value is bad for push!?

M66B

Recognized Developer
Aug 1, 2010
Does it make sense to give a separate setting for this? Some folders with push, some periodically.
For battery drain reasons?

So 19 is much less for periodically. A higher value is bad for push!?
Does it make sense that there are still providers in 2019 that don't support push messages or limit the number of simultaneous folder connections (Gmail) ?

Note that a folder connection uses the same shared account connection.

Which provider are you using that requires polling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ic_launcher.png

FairEmail
    Open source, privacy friendly email app for Android

banner7_long.png

See here for a description:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/

See here for screenshots:
    https://email.faircode.eu/#screenshots

Downloads:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email#user-content-downloads

Frequently asked questions:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/blob/master/FAQ.md

Please read this before requesting a new feature:
    https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-get-support

This XDA thread is about using the latest version of FairEmail.

For support on authorizing an account, you should consult the documentation of your provider, see also here.

Off-topic comments are allowed as long they are related to FairEmail and are in the general interest of the followers of this thread.

Discussion of purchases is not allowed here, please contact me via here instead.
    How was the call with Google today, Marcel?

Google was pretty friendly and cooperative and told me the favicons are indeed the problem, and it can/should be fixed by updating in the privacy policy to "disclose how your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares user data":

Privacy Policy​

All apps must post a privacy policy in both the designated field in Play Console and within the app itself. The privacy policy must, together with any in-app disclosures, comprehensively disclose how your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares user data, not limited by the data disclosed in the Data Safety section. This must include:
    • developer information and a privacy point of contact or a mechanism to submit inquiries
    • disclosing the types of personal and sensitive user data your app accesses, collects, uses, and shares; and any parties with which any personal or sensitive user data is shared
    • secure data handling procedures for personal and sensitive user data
    • the developer’s data retention and deletion policy
    • clear labeling as a privacy policy (e.g., listed as “privacy policy” in title)
    The entity (e.g., developer, company) named in the app’s Google Play listing must appear in the privacy policy or the app must be named in the privacy policy. Apps that do not access any personal and sensitive user data must still submit a privacy policy.

Please make sure your privacy policy is available on an active URL (no PDFs) and is non-editable.

So, I have updated the privacy policy and added this new table:

https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/blob/master/PRIVACY.md#summary-of-shared-data

I am not sure if it covers everything, so feedback is more than welcome. @mkasimd maybe you can take a look?

Note that I have also enabled BIMI, Gravatars, Libravatars and favicons for the Play store version again.

The short term goal is to release a Play store test version (and associated GitHub version) and to get the update approved. I will think about the next steps after this has been accomplished. Given the huge number of supportive messages I received (much appreciated!) the project will be continued in some form in any case.
    Version 1.1900 is available on GitHub now and in the Play store test program after Google's approval (which is the main goal of this release).

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/FairEmail/releases

My girlfriend is slowly recovering too :)
    It is time for a new, modern, open source, privacy friendly email client for Android.

I have just released a first alpha version for feedback on the design and features.

Not for production use yet!

Most of the stuff basically works, but be prepared for crashes and error notifications.

Safe email is a working name, but it is for several reasons not a convenient name, so suggestions for a name are welcome.
    I have just released alpha version 0.15

Changelog/download:
    https://github.com/M66B/open-source-email/releases

With a bit of luck the next version can be a beta version.

I am putting a lot of effort into this project, so thanks are appreciated.