Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

Is Xposed preventing you from upgrading to Nougat?

• Total voters
Search This thread

gothicVI

Jun 7, 2014
Munich
google should assign rovo the head of Android development ASAP , so he could have a good working team for all normal Android + a Xposed Android , aaaahhh just woke up from that nice dream

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA Labs
Ideally together with chainfire, osm0sis et all, such that we could enable all these nice features in the developer options...

Gesendet von meinem Moto G 2014 LTE mit Tapatalk

bratusm

Nov 19, 2012
Ljubljana
I have Huawei P9 and more than 50% of users (on XDA thread) tried official update to N and went back to MM (or are still trying)...
I just followed that and I'm happy with my MM with Xposed... :)

Reactions: Pupet_Master

Rom

Jul 1, 2013
Lyon
google should assign rovo the head of Android development ASAP , so he could have a good working team for all normal Android + a Xposed Android , aaaahhh just woke up from that nice dream

Ideally together with chainfire, osm0sis et all, such that we could enable all these nice features in the developer options...

The perfect world don't exist on the Earth :angel:
Come back to reality ;)

Reactions: Pupet_Master

CZ Eddie

Sep 27, 2011
Austin, TX
I upgraded from a Moto X Pure Marshmallow with a heavily dialed in Broken OS AOSP ROM and like twelve Xposed modules, to a Google Pixel XL with Nougat. At release date.

To this day I seriously miss my Marshmallow setup with Xposed.
The only thing preventing me from selling the Pixel to go back to Moto X Pure is my contract. Ugh.

Reactions: RusherDude

Aray21

Oct 27, 2015
YES, ABSOLUTELY. I love exposed and latest version of Android. So when xposed for nougat will be release?

riahc3

Oct 28, 2009
Once summer arrives, I think Xposed development will pick up again.

Magisk is Xposed's biggest threat but it still hasnt gotten enough traction yet...

heinhuiz

Nov 26, 2011
Xiaomi Mi A1
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I would happily upgraded my phone to N, if not for XPrivacy.
Yep, me too.
I would get rid of a lot of apps (especially WhatsApp, but also a lot of those handy little tools that nicely report your network status or wifi strength, while collecting all your movements and contacts to sell them to ad companies).

I'd prefer to have an Xposed-independent version of XPrivacy, though. I wonder if LineageOS would support that.

InnerSanctum

Jul 31, 2012
Not at all.
Of course I miss Xposed, but the gaining from nougat is pretty great! I just can't use MM anymore.
Now waiting patiently for Xposed Nougat version. :)

Murmel2k

Sep 3, 2009
I clicked yes. Even though I've updated to 7.1 already I am still missing the No Lock Home xposed module. Googles built in alternative unfortunately far not as good and reliable

Reactions: 724A

organophosphate

Jul 26, 2011
I would happily upgraded my phone to N, if not for XPrivacy.
Yes. I am planning to buy a OnePlus 5, but I won't buy it without XPrivacy (or functional equivalent). I like all the other command over the system that I can get via Xposed, but I simply refuse to run Android without XPrivacy. It's so fundamental that if my N5 dies before XPrivacy is available on the OnePlus 5 then I will simply buy a used Nexus device and run MM indefinitely.

Last edited:

gene.pavlovsky

Nov 29, 2012
I clicked yes. Even though I've updated to 7.1 already I am still missing the No Lock Home xposed module. Googles built in alternative unfortunately far not as good and reliable

I'm using AutoMagic automation software with SmartUnlock flows (search Automagic forum), super customizable, and if I need something extra, I can always improve it myself.

Yes, I'm not upgrading to Nougat, now that I've found out that Xposed is still not available for it. I really enjoy YouTube Background Playback, BubbleUPnP (Audio Cast), Greenify, Marshmallow SD Fix. I suppose there might be alternatives to all or some of those for N...

Reactions: trek7000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Even if xposed comes out for nougat it will one day be dead. Might as well update and get used to not having xposed
    No xposed, no android.

One of the main reasons I have not upgraded to Nougat, is the lack of Xposed support.

You?