[ROM][Oct 03][DOUBLESHOT] Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Beta

Search This thread

chrisch1974

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
virtuousunity-800.png

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.

Last edited:

chrisch1974

Feb 3, 2011
Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
Changelog:
Genius buttom mapped to Search
Trackpad wake
Camera portrait mode should be fixed
Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
Increased battery saving in sleep mode
Improved scrolling responsiveness
Fixed black screen after call ends
Fixed call delay

Last edited:

einrae214

Jan 17, 2011
Columbus, O.H.
Nice...thank you very much for the hard work you guys have put into this. This is a real treat to this development community.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium

fcreeves

Apr 22, 2007
Back in NY
So So Happy. Trackpad is the only real issue for me. I don't need to budget for that other device. Sticking with the MT4GS!!

Been running constant since last night and didn't even do a reboot until this morning.

FAST AND STABLE...Now our interface is as good as the paper specs.

Guys this ROMs port is already primed, refined and seasoned from its own evolution from Virtuous team.

No FCs as of yet and the trackpad/wake, as stated before, is the only real issue there is so far.

Hopefully 1% battery percentage and nice themes will soon follow.

Our resident MT4GS groundbreaking dev could probably make this happen faster than anyone else;)

Thank you all donate-ers and testers for helping the DEV team make this happen!!!

Happy Daily Driving your Virtuously Pimped MT4GS!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue6IX

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Thanks to everyone who made this happen. Definitely heard some good things about this and am looking forward to giving it a run.

I'm also curious about the trackpad issue - I like puzzles and it seems like a fun one to look at.

I'm pretty impressed that you did it all remotely, without a device.

Undeadk9

Aug 24, 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
So So Happy. Trackpad is the only real issue for me. I don't need to budget for that other device. Sticking with the MT4GS!!

Been running constant since last night and didn't even do a reboot until this morning.

FAST AND STABLE...Now our interface is as good as the paper specs.

Guys this ROMs port is already primed, refined and seasoned from its own evolution from Virtuous team.

No FCs as of yet and the trackpad/wake, as stated before, is the only real issue there is so far.

Hopefully 1% battery percentage and nice themes will soon follow.

Our resident MT4GS groundbreaking dev could probably make this happen faster than anyone else;)

Thank you all donate-ers and testers for helping the DEV team make this happen!!!

Happy Daily Driving your Virtuously Pimped MT4GS!!!!!

Yes I can make that happen. Once I finish updates for both my ROMs, I will begin work on some themes. And I will look into other things as well. Sunday night will be the night for updates and releases. ;)

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

Crkr

Sep 3, 2010
hmm I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I am not seeing the shortcuts on the lockscreen after setting them. Are those not working yet?

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
thanks to everyone who made this happen! is anyone getting 'installation aborted (bad)'? gonna try redownloading....

edit: looks like you guys got it flashed, hehe.

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I got it flashed after redownloading, and it looks awesome. was wondering if there are any plans to make the launcher work in landscape mode? I wasn't sure if other virtuos ROMs do that or not. thx a bunch for the hard work!

chrisch1974

Feb 3, 2011
I'm just wondering...How different is this Doubleshot port from the Virtuous Unity's mytouch 4g rom?

It should be optical look like the same as on the myTouch 4G.

thanks to everyone who made this happen! is anyone getting 'installation aborted (bad)'? gonna try redownloading....

edit: looks like you guys got it flashed, hehe.

Here is the md5sum for the release: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

You can compare it to see if it's the same.

Reactions: yogi2010

chrisch1974

Feb 3, 2011
I got it flashed after redownloading, and it looks awesome. was wondering if there are any plans to make the launcher work in landscape mode? I wasn't sure if other virtuos ROMs do that or not. thx a bunch for the hard work!

I should really refresh before answering :D Saw now that you were able to flash.

At the moment we are not able to make a landscape lancher. There are no "real" Sense 3 rom which has this functionality :(

unclespoon

Feb 8, 2011
Seattle, WA
hmm I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I am not seeing the shortcuts on the lockscreen after setting them. Are those not working yet?

The shortcuts are definitely working. They don't show up on initial boot because the lockscreen hasn't been configured yet. Go into personalize > lockscreen > and find the one you want (I chose the weather lockscreen and it's awesome) and then hit settings to set the individual shortcuts. Everything is working just fine!

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

Also wanted to add that as of the now genius button doesn't do anything since genius isn't loaded, so I remapped it to SEARCH. Here are the steps to remap the genius button to search (thanks to nyolsson for the info):

Steps to take:

1. Using Root Explorer, go to /system/usr/keylayout
2. Make sure Root Explorer is mounted as R/W.
(top right button should display Mount R/O, bc you are currently in R/W mode)
3. Long press 'doubleshot-keypad.kl'
4. Select 'Open in Text Editor'
5. Line 5 shows 'key 188' with FUNC_4 next to it. Replace FUNC_4 with 'SEARCH' - all caps.
This re-maps the Genius button on the front of the phone.
6. Scroll down a little and you will see # column 3. 'Key 184' needs to be changed from FUNC_4 to "SEARCH" as well.
This re-maps the Genius button on the qwerty keyboard. (now you can actually use quick launch)
7. Hit the hard menu key and select Save Changes or Save and Exit.
8. Root Explorer will automatically create a backup of the original file you edited with the original file name ending with the extension .bak
(doubleshot-keypad.kl.bak)
9. Need to restart before it takes effect.

Reactions: chrisch1974

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    virtuousunity-800.png

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
    md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.
    Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
    Changelog:
    Genius buttom mapped to Search
    Trackpad wake
    Camera portrait mode should be fixed
    Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
    System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
    Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
    Increased battery saving in sleep mode
    Improved scrolling responsiveness
    Fixed black screen after call ends
    Fixed call delay

Sorry guys that I wasn't here in the last days. But I am/was really busy. Real work, house work, daughter and dog is keeping me from doing some stuff. And the little bit time I had was invested in the 3.5 rom.

But the good thing...my wife comes back on weekend...and the doubleshot device too :D

So I can start to port the rom for you too...and for the question about Unity. We will support the rom in the future too. There are a lot of people which still wants to use it. And I hope we can fix the few bugs on the doubleshot as soon as possible.

And I will make some test with mdj together on the kernel to make it more stable for you.
    Well maybe get a hold of the team....seems they are claiming the Slide is going to be supported but seems to be lacking any work or anything....

Chrish has been working on it, but has been having quite a lot of issues.
    Doubleshot support is going to be one of the top priorities

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
    Hi guys. Welcome to the unity family. :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk