[APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

Search This thread

sepiroth887

Oct 5, 2013
[APP] Enhanced notifications aka ATN Manager <[v1.2.3.1_pre] NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT>

LATEST VERSION: v1.2.3.1_pre

Installation:

I stopped developing and distributing this app due to the latest Gear firmware release which brings full notifications to all apps. This is far superior to the ATN app and I will defer to Samsung on this one ^^

Thanks for the support and feedback, you guys made this a really fun experience! Cheerio

Last edited:

achtung515

Sep 12, 2013
Installed. Would love a dummy rundown on what boxes to check for what notifications.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

btothec

May 11, 2011
Seems to be working for me. I set gmail and google voice and both seem to work.Google voice shows the message, gmail only shows the senders name and the subject, so you cannot see the body unfortunately.

achtung515

Sep 12, 2013
Did u check both the email and Gmail boxes on the app and in gear manager? I only checked Gmail and I am still getting regular notifications.

sepiroth887

Oct 5, 2013
Did u check both the email and Gmail boxes on the app and in gear manager? I only checked Gmail and I am still getting regular notifications.

On the gear manager email needs to be checked, thats the base requirement. Gmail et al are optional.

In the ATN Manager you can check pretty much any app, some work well some don't and some won't work at all. I use and tested a very limited set and can only recommend experimenting with apps you want to receive notifications for and hope they work. Maybe we can start a list somewhere (please not here though) on which apps show notifications and which don't

dlux52

Oct 22, 2012
Thank you, and awesome work! If possible, the couple of features that would be great would be setting different alerts for different apps, and location/date based alerting. I posted the first request on Github with the explanation of getting hundreds of emails a day, and wanting those alerts to still go to my Gear, but not vibrate, while having text messages and appointment reminders still vibrate. For the second request, I was thinking it would be awesome to have my corporate email alerts stop while at my office, and start back up when I leave. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to schedule alert sounds and vibrations based on time of day so that I don't have them going off while sleeping.

jesax

Dec 16, 2003
Be carefull..this thing screwed up my gear...i did the install, an decided to uninstaal because i got alot of emails with only numbers in it..now i keep getting the same mail as notification, and i cannot get rid of it...i have deleted it numerous times on the gear, it is deleted on my note and from my server...i even reset the gear...still i get the same notification...any help would be appreciated...

sepiroth887

Oct 5, 2013
Be carefull..this thing screwed up my gear...i did the install, an decided to uninstaal because i got alot of emails with only numbers in it..now i keep getting the same mail as notification, and i cannot get rid of it...i have deleted it numerous times on the gear, it is deleted on my note and from my server...i even reset the gear...still i get the same notification...any help would be appreciated...

Uninstall the GearManager and reinstall it again. That should work. My app seems to send something that the NSync process doesn't like. It basically keeps the notification in the database and resends it everytime :(

Sorry

Reactions: madmos

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Thanx...i'll give it a try later...

this is awesome, now i dont have to have duplicate services running. I may sugest that in order to get the notifications that everyone is looking for for the gmail app is make sure you select Communication notifications, gmail of course lol, google services framework selected and you will get proper notifications for gmail

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :highfive::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Reactions: sepiroth887

mhoepfin

Jan 9, 2006
Uninstall the GearManager and reinstall it again. That should work. My app seems to send something that the NSync process doesn't like. It basically keeps the notification in the database and resends it everytime :(

Sorry

Yeah, seeing the same thing here. I just cleared the data for the NSync provider, hopefully that does the trick.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

this is awesome, now i dont have to have duplicate services running. I may sugest that in order to get the notifications that everyone is looking for for the gmail app is make sure you select Communication notifications, gmail of course lol, google services framework selected and you will get proper notifications for gmail

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :highfive::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Can you be a little more clear on exactly what you selected?

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
Yeah, seeing the same thing here. I just cleared the data for the NSync provider, hopefully that does the trick.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Can you be a little more clear on exactly what you selected?

From my previous comment:

I may sugest that in order to get the notifications that everyone is looking for for the gmail app is make sure you select "Communication notifications:, "gmail" of course lol, "google services framework" selected and you will get proper notifications for gmail

:cool:

You do not need to have "Communication notifications: checked. I just changed that and it worked perfectly

Last edited:
Reactions: wm2001wm2001

misticjeff

Nov 26, 2009
Porto, Portugal
misticriver.net
Not working at all for me:T-Mobile N900T
Baseband - N900TUVUBMI7
Gear Model: SM-V700
Software Ver.: V700XXUAMII

Installed ATN Manager, enabled in security settings, check apps, rebooted phone and watch twice. Nothing.

raiu

Oct 10, 2008
You do not need to have "Communication notifications: checked. I just changed that and it worked perfectly

Reactions: sepiroth887

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Works ok so far.
Just to be sure...

The icon is supposed to be the @email icon ?
Gmail and Google voice messages come in and both say "@BOB EXAMPLE or TEXT FROM BOB EXAMPLE" like EMAIL would.

I assume we turn off Gmail notifications on the default gear manager correct ?

Anyone have Instagram working ?

Lastly whats battery usage on the phone and gear like ? I assume its a drain in alpha stage just want to be prepared.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LATEST VERSION: v1.2.3.1_pre

Installation:

I stopped developing and distributing this app due to the latest Gear firmware release which brings full notifications to all apps. This is far superior to the ATN app and I will defer to Samsung on this one ^^

Thanks for the support and feedback, you guys made this a really fun experience! Cheerio
    The latest gear manager displays the entire text.

It does indeed, im quite impressed by the new functionality even though it looks and feels almost like a copy of my work :p (jk) it was bound to look that way really ^^

With this update I will call it quits because there is no way i will be able to provide a better experience without a major overhaul for which I just don't have the time yet. Also the SDK is still missing so I don't like expanding on something that is working quite well just now.

I had a blast developing it and learned a ton about Android and the gear and the XDA Community is fantastic and really supportive! Thanks again for all your support and feedback and I hope you have a great experience with the Gear going forward.

Cheerio!
    Ok guys, im really getting nowhere with content parsing for individual apps. I will change approach.

Stick with whatever version works best for now and I start working on v2.

V2 ill try and pass every bit of text I find in the first notification of an app and then leave it to the user to select what content to show for title and body. Any subsequent app notifications will then follow this format.

Drawback is upon uninstall people will have to redo that.... but I will also add an export settings option to backup those settings.

This is a major piece of work though, so it might take me a while to get it done. Hang tight ;)

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Id saty away from 1.2.3.1 for now. I should be able to release a 2.0 soon, hopefully before start of next week. :beer:

Sent from my SM-N900T
    Yes, as quickly as possible, id like to avoid breaking other apps in the process of getting hangouts et al to work.

I shouldnt have churned out the forst versions so quickly, now people might expect that to be the norm. Sorry to tell you I still have a busy job and the wife needs attention too. Im doing my best to fit the app development in though :) patience :p

No rant at any one person! Just letting folks know to adjust expectations

Sent from my SM-N900T