[ROOT] Whatsapp Trick: How to enable some hidden features

Search This thread

Jacopo Mii

Mar 15, 2015
linktr.ee
Hello everyone,
I am writing to share a few tricks that I have found to enable the following functions in Whatsapp:
- Video calls
- Group's invite links
- Multiple contacts selection when sharing something
- Mentions in groups
- Two steps authentication in Whatsapp Web.
First of all you need the latest version of WhatsApp Beta (for example, I use the 2.16.224) and a root explorer.
You have to open the root explorer and edit the file com.whatsapp_preferences.xml inside /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/.
You need to add the followings lines in the end of file, just above the </map> tag:
Code:
<boolean name="group_invites" value="true" />
<boolean name="multicast" value="true" />
<boolean name="video_calling" value="true" />
<boolean name="two_factor_auth" value="true" />
<boolean name="user" value="true" />
Then save and force close Whatsapp from the list of applications on your phone and you are done: you unlocked the hidden features!
I hope this guide has been helpful, and I apologize for my bad English (I'm Italian).
PS: Currently you can only unlock the graphics of video calls, because the servers to which they connect are still down.

Last edited:

ttwbx

Aug 2, 2016
Great!
Multiple contact selection works, group invite thing also. But how does the video call look like? I can't find anything.

Jacopo Mii

Mar 15, 2015
linktr.ee
Call icon on the top bar. It doesn't work yet if your friend didn't activate that too :/

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk
It isn't exact. You can videocall all people, and they don't need to activate anything.
But as wrote in the #1 post, server which videocall use to connect is still down. We need to wait ;)

obrobrio2000

Jun 13, 2013
Please give us the string to activate push names mentions (see iOS WA beta) also if you can! Grazie tante ;)

leosmutter

Feb 24, 2006
Hi,

So i got Whatsapp 2.16.224 installed, made the changes in the xml file with root explorer, but no changes at all. Does anybody have a hint what's going wrong here?

Thanks

Ratan P H

May 16, 2013
I just found out,after every reboot WhatsApp getting reset
All edited features getting default.
Only me facing this issue?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,
    I am writing to share a few tricks that I have found to enable the following functions in Whatsapp:
    - Video calls
    - Group's invite links
    - Multiple contacts selection when sharing something
    - Mentions in groups
    - Two steps authentication in Whatsapp Web.
    First of all you need the latest version of WhatsApp Beta (for example, I use the 2.16.224) and a root explorer.
    You have to open the root explorer and edit the file com.whatsapp_preferences.xml inside /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/.
    You need to add the followings lines in the end of file, just above the </map> tag:
    Code:
    <boolean name="group_invites" value="true" />
    <boolean name="multicast" value="true" />
    <boolean name="video_calling" value="true" />
    <boolean name="two_factor_auth" value="true" />
    <boolean name="user" value="true" />
    Then save and force close Whatsapp from the list of applications on your phone and you are done: you unlocked the hidden features!
    I hope this guide has been helpful, and I apologize for my bad English (I'm Italian).
    PS: Currently you can only unlock the graphics of video calls, because the servers to which they connect are still down.
    Please give us the string to activate push names mentions (see iOS WA beta) also if you can! Grazie tante ;)

We need to wait next updates because WhatsApp for Android doesn't allow us to enable this function editing shared_prefs yet.
    Well, hope they add that soon.
    With latest beta (2.16.224) it's now possible!
    You can enable mentions using <boolean name="user" value="true" />
    Source: @ wabetainfo on Twitter
    I just found out,after every reboot WhatsApp getting reset
    All edited features getting default.
    Only me facing this issue?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
    It's normal.
    You can solve editing file permissions, but i don't suggest.
    It seems like I don't have the com.whatsapp folder. Help?

I found that its easier to use an app called 'WA Tweaks'. They update every time a new feature comes out and you don't have to change any files. Also you have to be on WA Beta for the hidden features.